main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Listen to Your Heart (J/J) Replies up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WynssaStarflare, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Title: Listen to Your Heart
    Author(s): WynssaStarflare
    Timeframe: post NJO a bit AUish
    Characters:Jaina, Jag
    Genre: mush/angst, songfic
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

A/N: I don't own the song 'Listen to Your Heart' by DHT; I just decided to play with it a bit after hearing it for the zillionth time on the radio. This is a bit AU since it was written before I had read the The Joiner King. Thanks to VadersMistress and NYCityGurl for betaing :)

Listen to Your Heart

Jaina hadn?t seen Jag since they parted ways on Zonama Sekot. They had sent a couple of comms, but nothing serious. After six months, they had stopped communicating all together. She still had feelings for him, but it seemed the galaxy and circumstances kept them apart.

She hadn?t been lying when she had said she needed time. A lot of things had changed since she had joined the military at sixteen. She had been forced to abandon any semblance of her childhood. She had gone from revered to hated as a Jedi. Her position within the galaxy and even within her family had changed drastically.

I know there?s something in the wake of your smile
    I get an ocean from the look in your eyes...yeah

She saw old holos of them, and they looked so happy together. When looking at the holos, she realized that she had his face memorized. From his pale green eyes to the rough scar running up into the white patch of hair. She remembered his strong chin and gentle lips. In the holos, the look in his eyes was of complete adoration. What hit her the hardest was she had the same look in her eyes as well.

She remembered all of the great times they had together. Wading through the shallows on Mon Cal, the rare opportunity for a shared meal, sparing together, staying up all night just talking, simming together?which usually ended up with him getting the best of her. His presence made the war bearable. She never realized how much she had taken these times for granted. She missed being loved like that, and loving that way in return.

You?ve been to love but that love falls apart
    A little piece of heaven turns to dark

He was gone now, partly due to her stupid insecurity. Yes, she needed to find herself without others around, but that didn?t mean she couldn?t still have friends. It seemed to her that her life had gotten worse since he had left. He had always seemed to understand her, even though he didn?t realize it. He brought stability to her life, something she had never known. Even though no harsh words were said, it hurt almost as much as if they had fought. She had friends within the Jedi, but it was completely different. Most of the Jedi had known her since she had been a child and had trouble accepting the person she had become.

She had tried dating others, but it had never seemed right. On her date with Zekk, she realized she still felt as she had on Myrkr; he was too much like a brother to her for her to have a relationship with him. She had felt especially uncomfortable on her date with Kyp. She kept thinking about how he had babysat her when she had been younger. He was also her father?s friend; not to mention fifteen years her senior. She found it hard to think that she could ever be on equal ground with him. With some random people she had gone out with, it had felt like they liked Jaina Solo the Jedi, Jaina Solo the daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organa-Solo or Jaina Solo the niece of Luke Skywalker. She never felt like they were interested in the real her, but only the superficial images of her.

Listen to your heart when he?s calling for you
    Listen to your heart
    There?s nothing else you can do

He called her out of the blue, suddenly asking her for help. His family was in danger from an unknown assassin, and she was the only Jedi he trusted to help them. There was a deep urgency in his voice that appealed to her the noble Jedi inside of her. She knew it wasn?t a trap, but it

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    As she drifted to sleep with her husbands arms wrapped around her, she couldnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t help but think that this was perfection.

A great ending to a superb little fic, Wyn! =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! =D= I love this song, too!

4. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    I love it! :D

Jaina and Jag are so sweet toghter and she makes such a good mother.

Is there going to be more?

5. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Wyn that was amazing! I can't believe you didn't start writing before we pushed you into it.

Bravo =D=

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    A lot of things had changed since she had joined the military at sixteen. Yes, they did. Jaina went throught so many changes.

Her brother probably would have meditated on the dilemma for a couple of days Jacen would mediate for hours, debate it, meditate some more, debate some more...

Solo-Skywalker family opinions were expressed hotly and loudly[face_laugh] So true!

As fighter pilots, both of them had a healthy dose of pride and stubbornness. [face_laugh] Its a requirement.

[face_love] I love it!

Great job!

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Awesome!!!

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The small apartment they had rented together became a haven. Nothing from work was allowed past the narrow hallway that led to the living room. Often times, guests would find Jedi robes and briefcases sticking out of a small alcove as they made their way into the apartment.

Awwww. [face_love] They know how to make the best of their lives. :D

Great vig! Now I just have to resist the temptation to let this song get stuck in my head. :p

9. WynssaStarflare

Nov 17, 2004
    Briman: Thanks!

VaderLVR: Thank you! It is a great song.

RevaDurron: Thanks! I have something loosely planned, but it might take awhile for it to get written.

Irish: Thank you! Also I owe you a lot for pushing me to try. [face
    _hugs]

FelsGoddess: Thanks! I have yet to hear about a fighter pilot who is not stubborn :)

Chimpo_the_Sith: Thank you!

JadeSolo: Thanks! Good luck resisting the temptation to get this song stuck in my head. I think it's been stuck in my head for two weeks solid now

Thank you all for reading!

--Wynssa

10. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Aww... Great job.
    Very cute ficlet, and I loved the way you wrote it.
    Loved the hesitation on both their parts, and how she misinterpreted Jag's coldness, and how he was cold like that in the first place.
    Really nice job, I really liked it.

11. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
  12. WynssaStarflare

Nov 17, 2004
    zettazofia: Thank you! I figured that away from the GFFA and people who forced him out of his shell like his uncle and Jaina that Jag would go back to the rigid Imperial stereotype. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

skywalkerlover00: Thanks!

--Wynssa

13. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Aww, that was sweet. I loved the bit at the end where Jaina was with the babies...so cute.

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    =D=

Beautifully done ... lyrics and story perfectly blended ... *sigh*

Great job!

oldj

15. WynssaStarflare

Nov 17, 2004
    cheersweetie27: Thank you! That was my favorite part too.

oldj: Thanks! I just kept hearing that song, and one day it occured to me of who it reminded me of.

Thanks to everyone for reading

--Wynssa

16. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Jaina with the babies was so sweet. [face_love] I just loved it.

That was a really beautiful fic. Very sweet and lovely. It hit the spot!

Bravo! =D=

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I wasn't sure where this was going to go but am more than thrilled with the ending. Lovely viggie.

18. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That was so cute, Wyn! [face_love] [face_love] And you picked the perfect song, too. [face_love] [face_love] And it was so mushiful!!!

19. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    She followed her instincts and did what she knew was the right course. Her brother probably would have meditated on the dilemma for a couple of days, but that just wasn?t her way.

Yes, I can only imagine how long Jacen would have deliberated over it :p

A kiss or a hug seemed too familiar and a handshake too formal.

They should just run up and bump chests like athletes. That seems like the proper greeting to me.

I mean, who will be there to stop me from doing something totally irrational and impulsive??

Jacen? C-3PO?

Very sweet and well done, Wyn :) You did a great job of telling a "full" story in a song fic, which I doubt is easy to do. Was nice to see Jaina finally realize her feelings for Jag and have a nice happy ending ;) Excellent use of the song lyrics as well. Everything seemed to fit nicely :D

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is beautiful, Wyn. Good job!!!

21. WynssaStarflare

Nov 17, 2004
    VadersMistress: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

HealerLeona: Thanks! I liked the end the best too.

Myra: Thank you! I just kept hearing that song and it kept reminding me of J/J and I just had to do something with it.

YK: Thanks! I think Jag might have kinda freaked out if Jaina had tried to bump chests with him :p The song just seemed to fit J/J.

NYCitygurl: Thank you master! *bows*

Thank you all again! [:D]

--Wynssa

22. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great job Wyn.

I like this song and I thought the story fit perfectly with it.

My favorite part:

She told him about her awkward dates with Kyp and Zekk.

Poor Kyp and Zekk. :(

But that left her open to return to Jag. Sorry boys.

23. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    In case you haven't already, be sure to send to following info in a PM to Jaina_Jag_Index so everyone can easily find your wonderful story :)

Title:
    Link to story:
    Link to your user profile:
    Co-Authors: (If applicable) And their user profiles
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.)
    Characters:
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: (WIP, Complete, Vignette, etc., Awards it's won)

(no mark up codes please and thank you)

24. WynssaStarflare

Nov 17, 2004
    Thank you! Yea poor Kyp and Zekk...

Thanks again for reading :)
    --Wynssa

25. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG such an awesome job WYNSSASTARFLARE! I deeply enjoyed that piece

i knwo its been a while... but if you havent already.. will u please send in yourinformation to the jag/jaina index?

thanks!

JG15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.