main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Listen up everyone - this is important!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Calixte, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    We all know that Spiderman has set a record with its' first weekend box office take. What we didn't know is that even though AOTC is opening a day earlier, THURSDAY'S showings of AOTC DO NOT COUNT for the first weekend's box office take! What this means is that when they do the tally for AOTC's first weekend, they will only count Friday, Sat and Sun. I would LOVE to see AOTC beat Spidey at the media's game. There's just too much media hype to make Spidey the biggest movie of the summer. We all need to make the weekend as huge as opening day! So, spread the word...

Calixte

2. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Yeah I kind of figured that was how they would do it,so I've already made plans to see it on the weekend also.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Episode II will not break Spiderman's three-day record for the same reasons Episode I didn't break The Lost World's three-day record, which are:
    1. It opens on a week day, and
    2. Too many people will avoid the first weekend becasue of the long lines.

If Episode I and II would have opened on a Friday they both would have set the single day and three-day records, but opening on a weekday means more seats for the average fan on the weekend and more money in the Fox wallet.

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I agree with Fluke, I know alot of people, including myself who did not go see Episode I until a week or two after it came out. I also know quite a number of people who are going to wait for when the hype goes down to see Episode II.

5. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    This sounds pretty correct to me but in the end it really dosen't matter to me since SW is the greatest of films ever made regardless of how much money they gross.

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok, I just saw Spiderman last night, honestly, I have no clue why every one thought it was amazing, it sucked majorly. It was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. The graphics were so obviously computer animated, and the villian was insanley idiotic. And why is every movie trying to look like the Matrix? Yes, the Matrix was good, but no one can beat those graphics, except maybe Lucas.

7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I didn't know that...
    *plans to see AoTC on the weekend*

8. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Too many people avoid it because the lines are too long? ?[face_plain] :p

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Why is it so bad that Spidey made more money or whatever? I thought the Spidey movie was great. I thought AOTC was good too. Who cares about box office records? Its all meaningless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.