main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Do you know if the Fact Files will be available in Australia?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ok, I'm now going to post the third and final update for Demolition summary, additions based on new info from Gamer #3. After that I'm going to open a new topic for discussion.

Summary:
    The Empire has outlawed podracing, so crime lord Jabba the Hutt, influenced by Pugwis the Dug?s unorthodox podracing techniques, has come up with a new, even more dangerous contest to attract gamblers from across the galaxy. Known as ?Demolition,? the sport is an unrestrained vehicular combat tournament.

The contestants range from local riffraff to galactically known names. Quagga the Wookiee, an engineer operating in Anchorhead, enters because his business is doing badly and he needs the prize money to stay in business. His machine is an AAT Battle Tank that he has completely refurbished. Pugwis the Dug (Sebulba?s grandson) joins because he has a penchant for violence and a need for fame. Wade Vox, still held captive by Jabba, is forced to participate, and bounty Hunter Aurra Sing takes part in the contest to uncover the identity of the Force-user she has sensed, while her colleague Boba Fett joins for the money. Witten the Jawa enrolls when Jabba offers him a sandcrawler if her wins; unwilling to risk his own neck, however, he uses a remote controlled STAP & Battle Droid on the field. General Otto joins the game with his stolen AT-ST hoping to win enough money to buy his dream home on Cloud City, and Malakili competes on his Rancor, outfitted with a weapons harness, on Jabba?s orders. Lando Calrissian, disguised as Tamtel Skreej, enters the event in an effort to impress Jabba and gain his trust, while Rebel sisters Tia and Ghia, attempting to rescue Han Solo, have been captured by the Hutt and forced into Demolition, flying their liberated Rebel airspeeder. In addition, there is a contestant competing in a Cloud Car. While his identity is unconfirmed, it's rumored that he may be Calrissian's frequent companion Lobot.

In the early rounds, Boba Fett emerges as the clear victor, with Pugwis a close second. Malakili, too, seems an unstoppable force on his Rancor. Wade Vox is only able to hang on at first because of his emerging Force skills, although he finds himself constantly hounded by a spiteful Aurra Sing. Quagga wins big early on and quits while he's ahead, using his winnings to improve his facilities and stay in business. Tia and Ghia are beaten early on, and end up enslaved and chained to the Hutt. Witten the Jawa, too, is vanquished, and killed by EV-9D9. Pugwis? career is ended early due to an unfortunate run-in with the Sarlacc, while Fett captures General Otto on the field and delivers him to the Imperials to face their justice. Tamtel, too, is eventually beaten, although his only punishment is to suffer the indignity of being forced to dine on some of Jabba?s favorite snacks. The contest is halted when Leia, in the guise of bounty hunter Boussh, arrives with Chewbacca. During the ensuing confusion, Tia & Ghia escape and find transportation off-planet, while Wade too departs in his landspeeder, in possession of a lightsaber ?liberated? from Aurra Sing, and finds himself pursued by the vengeful bounty hunter?

Now, the new topic: Tales #7
    It's fairly obvious where Force Fiction and Single Cell take place, so I won't bother. Nerf Herder probably takes place something like a year after ANH -- the Imperials are set up on Tatooine already, and as they didn't set up their base their till right around the time of ANH, and I don't want to lump stories, that just seems logical. Jedi Chef, obviously, takes place more than a year before TPM, but it seems impossible to me to say how much more. I won't even venture a guess as to where Outbid but Never Outgunned fits in.

Also, I don't suppose it would be possible for me to "reserve the right" to summarize BattleGround? Nah, didn't think so...

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    I think you might be able to. But the summary is great. Nice job, Mastadge.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I still thinks it's a great summery, but would like for you to say that "The contest is halted when Leia, in the guise of bounty hunter Boussh, arrives with Chewbacca, on a speeder bike."

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I am reading section 4.2 of TimeTales and found an entry posted twice.

"Gascon acts as a neutral world during the Galactic Civil War, and is ruled by a monarchy. The planet is powerful and independent, free from the fear of Imperial pacification efforts. Gascon sees diplomatic overtures from both the Empire and the New Republic. The planet's monarchy is weak and corrupt. The King is weak - willed, and all the decisions are made by Queen Marilla and the Holy Adviser of the Akol religion. The Queen is a Republic - supporter, but the evil Holy Adviser sided with the Empire.

"SW RPG: Envoy to the Queen" Gamemaster Screen for Second Edition?. Sourced with thanks from Pablo Hidalgo?s Star Wars Index."

It is about halfway down the page, it is posted once in blue, and once in red, seperated by another entry.

Also, an entry that follows says something like "Mon Mothma officaly creates the New Republic." It's source says something like "Yavin is from 'The Glove of Darth Vader' books." Its in semi-canon color too.

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Another fix:

Near the end of 4.2, in the discription of Dark Forces 2 it says "Kyle carves statues of Morgan and Rahn in the Valley as a memorial, then sets out on a new life with Jan..."

Thats wrong. The freed Jedi spirits carve the statues. They also make one of Luke and another of Kyle. According to the video game and the grafic novel.

7. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Another fix: There's a one line summary for the Soldier for the Empire summary. One of these days I may reread that and write up an expanded summary.

About Leia arriving with Chewie, I see no evidence that that's how they arrived, and given Chewies size and the nature of Tatooine, I think that that method of travel is rather unlikely.

8. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for all the updates and info guys.

I am glad that some positives are coming out of the proof reads . . .

9. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    You wanna tackle "Battlefield," Mastadge, be my guest! :D

The rest of you, thanks for all the corrections and the new info. I've incorporated it into the .doc file, and will update the online version with it soon.

This next month's doc file will contain a preview of a part of the "Dune Sea Scrolls." I won't reveal much more, except to say that it will correct what I've considered a long-standing flaw in Timetales. Here's a hint: There's four new files in the .zip.

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
  11. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Ohh...I'm so excited that I'm squirting in my longjohns!--copyright LawgSkrak.

12. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Two things -

I wanted to say that Timetales is great! It's a big help when trying to stay in the continuity of things when writing fanfics, etc.

A question though. Me, being a huge Mara Jade fan, was looking for when specifically Mara met Vader, and when her and Vader fought over the Dark Woman. Do you have posts for these events, just no mention of Mara? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

If you'd like me to, I can type up some Mara stuff, including conjectures from books on Mara missions, etc. Just ask.

Oh, and have you decided on whether or not you are going to include character sketches? If so, I'd be happy to help with that as well.

-Mazzic

13. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Character sketches are a great idea - if you want to provide a sample, I would be happy to look it over.

Yes, you are not looking hard enough! :) The story is summerized about Vader, Mara & the Dark Woman - it was in a Tales comic.

14. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    If we guess what dune sea scrolls are will you let us know before time?

ps: didna ask about Battlefield, asked about Battleground. Couldn't tell by your tone if that was a mistake or if you were mocking me... :D

15. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Chris would never mock one of your biggest helpers! :)

16. rexstardust

rexstardust Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2000
    How about you list all the novels and comics by release date? I've always wanted to read the novels that way but can't find them listed anywhere.

17. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Why would you want to read it in release order?? One day you would be reading the NJO, then the next something from the prequel era - it wouldn't make sense!

18. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    That WAS a mistake, Mastadge. Sorry about that. :S

19. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
  20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    whoever asked about release order, try http://www.swbooklist.com . The recent prequel/NJO stuff wouldn't be so great in release date order, but the bantam stuff, read in that order, is great, seeing how stuff grew and developed over time.

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    We plan to have the April .doc file released after Conquest is summerized.

22. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    How should we handle the Episode III conjectural summary?!

These are the notes I have so far:

STAR WARS EPISODE III: Revenge of the Sith

The Clone Wars are raging throughout the galaxy. In a vain effort to halt the Confederacy of Independant systems and their evil leader, Darth Tyranus, the Supreme Chancellor has ordered the deployment of Jedi Knights to all corners of the galaxy.

General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker are travelling to the Core World of Alderaan on a secret mission, in preparation to engage the Separatist forces on the volatile planet of Sullust.

The Republic military forces have just completed the construction of a massive new space fleet in an attempt to defeat the rebel forces and bring stability back to the galaxy...

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has been given complete control over the Republic armed forces. The Senate has put their complete faith in one leader, with the exception and to the unease of Senators Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis.

Anakin Skywalker leaves the Jedi Order, as Padawan?s are forbidden to marry, to live with his new wife, Padme, in peace and lead a simple life as a moisture farmer on the planet Tatooine with his step ? brother Owen.

Meanwhile, the Galactic Republic is in the midst of the biggest war it has ever fought: The Clone Wars. In desperation, Obi-Wan Kenobi travels to Tatooine to recruit back the ?Chosen One? to help in aid of the Jedi and Republic?s cause. As Anakin leaves to fight one last battle, Owen vehemently disapproves, saying he should stay here where he belongs, with his family.

Count Dooku continues to lead his rebellious faction and clone army against the joint forces of the Jedi and Republic?s own clone troopers. Both Dooku and Palpatine are fighting each other for control and leadership of the galaxy, a galaxy led by the Dark Side.

When Anakin joins the Clone Wars with Obi-Wan, he becomes a big hero, winning many battles for the Republic, becoming "the best star pilot in the galaxy" and "a good friend? (with Obi-Wan).

ï‚· Anakin will duel with Obi-Wan, perhaps in the presence of Palpatine, ala ROTJ. This scene will take place in the Sith underground depths of Coruscant, featuring lava / cave like dwelling. Obi-Wan will cut of Anakin?s hand as he falls into the lava. Obi-Wan takes Anakin?s lightsaber and flees. Palpatine rescues Anakin with the power of the dark side, heals him, and Darth Vader is born.

ï‚· Padme goes into hiding?
    ï‚· Luke and Leia born.
    ï‚· Twins seperated.
    ï‚· C-3PO and R2-D2 have a memory wipe?
    ï‚· Yoda goes to Dagobah.
    ï‚· What happens to Jedi Council members such as Mace Windu?
    ï‚· Palpatine destroys most major powerful alien Senators
    ï‚· Trade Federation?
    ï‚· Vader?
    ï‚· Jar Jsr?
    ï‚· Palpatine revealed as Sidious
    ï‚· Galactic Empire born.
    ï‚· Planets ? (Coruscant, Alderaan, Naboo, Tatooine)

23. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Pretty cool.

It's confirmed: "The Hunt for Aurra Sing" occurs at 30 BBY.

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    How is that confirmed?

25. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Well, Nathan Butler told me that the comic says in the beginning or so that it is set at 30 BBY. He was concerned because the other Ongoings didn't specify which time period they're in, and after I referred to TimeTales for him, he now knows the correct dates for the Ongoings, at 31 BBY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.