main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Sorry I'm late on the SWW#60. I'll try to get to it this week.

Are you looking for anything else since I'm going to be digging through my boxes of SW comics anyway?

I'll probably also do cover scans for SWW #57-60 since they cover the War on Ice story.

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    My younger siblings and I just got finished listening to "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell". Great fun. I was surprised at the quality of the sound. I can't thank you enough for compiling these mostly-forgotten stories.

TC

3. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Double post. Sorry. :)

TC

4. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    It's my pleasure, Talon. :)

Kevin: I'd like you to get "The Constancia Affair" and "The Kashyyyk Depths" ready to post online, if possible. On "Constancia," I want the newspaper version instead of the DH reprint (just so my butt is semi-covered). I may consider colorizing the newspaper prints with the DH reprint as a guide.

Yes, please do the cover scans. I'd also like the cover scan on "Death Masque" if possible, and possibly a larger higher-res scan of that story. I'd like to thumbnail all the covers to put on the main HA page.

I've got Star Wars Poster Monthly #1 and 3-14, so I'll start putting those up soon. I've got Poster Monthly #2 and the Random House "SW Questions and Answers about Space" on the Ebay docket as well.

5. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    As for Constancia Affair, I'm not sure if I have the whole version as newspaper strips/scans. I have a bad copy of Kashyyk Depths.

I'll work on the SW Weekly stuff first.

What do you need to do to 'cover your butt'? Why is posting one thing over another okay?

Is poster monthly #2 titled "The World of Star Wars"?

6. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    By the way, "Kashyyk Depths" and "The Constancia Affair" were Sunday strips, so if anyone has the origial clipped out strips, they could be scanned in color. I think I have some of them, but I will have to dig DEEP.

7. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Well, I don't know how the Dark Horse people will react if I put their (relatively recent) reprints up instead of the original copies. I'm treading a fine line here as far as copyright, and I DON'T want to end up on the wrong end of an LFL cease-and-desist.

Poster Monthly #2: I'm not gonna know until I get my hands on it, Kevin.

8. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Just asking because I have a magazine called "The World of Star Wars" with a #2 in the corner, but I could never figure out what #1 was. It would make sense if it was part of posters monthly since it is oversized.

9. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    I've (finally) gotten SW Poster Monthly #1 online.

10. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    You'll be glad to know I also have Poster Monthly #14, 15 and 17 on their way from Ebay as well as "X-Wing: The Farlander Papers." Bit by bit, the Arcana collection is growing...

11. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Great news!

12. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Nightowl: Glad to hear it! Keep up the good work. We appreciate it.

Gatherer: Glad to see you back!

TC

13. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    The May/June .doc file is up!

14. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    There's a little problem.

When I download the ZIP file, it seems to be the april timetale file who is in the archive

15. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    OK, try her now.

16. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Up!

This thread has not been up for a while, this is the general help with Timetales thread; continuity errors, things to add, gramatical errors, etc...

We have a couple of specific threads, ie: Family Trees, Arcana Historica, but this is the MAIN Timetales feedback thread.

17. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, I do know of one continuity error in TimeTales that's my own darn fault. ;) :p I pointed out to Nightowl that, based on a rather ambiguous line in the Galactic Battlegrounds databank, the Qui-Gon levels in that game could take place during the early years of the Jedi Apprentice series, and suggested that he move the level summeries. He did, but I was later informed that the stratagy guide for GB states that the Trade Federation moved on to Naboo after Alaris Prime, and Cloak of Deception shows that the Federation did not possess most of the combat automata seen in the Qui-Gon levels until after that novel. So basically, the levels should be moved back to where they were before, in year 32. Sorry about the mix-up.

The new Clone Wars timeline in the latest Insider should help lock a number of CW stories down, most notably New Droid Army, which now takes place 10 months after Geonosis, IIRC.

TC

18. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    One fool question : when the next update will be available to download ?

19. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Hmm.. TimeTales has this entry at +1 ASW4:

12-year old Ghent, already working as a slicer for Talon Karrde, cracks the top secret Imperial code ILKO in two months - something that took a full Rebel Alliance team a month.
    ?SW Encyclopedia.?

But we know that Ghent met Karrde in Zahn's short story 'Handoff' for the first time. And that story takes place +4 ASW4.

So maybe he cracked the code, without knowing who he was working for?

Kam

20. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Hey Gatherer,

I'm working on a summary of Knights of the Old Republic, here's what I have so far.

*KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC SPOILERS*

Kights of the Old Republic lightside summary part I:

The journey to defeat the Sith begins on a Republic cruiser named the Endar Spire. Our mysterious hero wakes as the ship is pounded by Sith star fighters. As he awakes, a young Republic soldier named Trask Ulgo barges in and tells him the situation. The Sith are really after the Jedi Bastila Shan, because her battle meditation is the only thing keeping the Republic alive in the war against the Sith. Ulgo comments that the mysterious hero has the highest scores at the Republic military academy in twenty years, and has a flawless record. The two men are contacted by the Republic's best soldier, Carth Onasi, who tells them to get the bridge to fight off the Sith boarding party. The mysterious hero suits up and joins Ulgo, as they and the rest of the Endar Spire's crew fight a desperate battle.

The fighting is fierce, but the Republic crew is slowly overwhelmed by the sheer weight of numbers... and the power of the darkside. After blasting through several squads of Sith Troopers, our party observes a fight between a Sith Master and a Jedi. The Jedi is victorious, but is killed a moment later by an explosion. After clearing the Bridge, the hero and Ulgo are told by Carth that Bastila is safely away, and that they are the only crew memeber left on the ship. The party fights their way to the escape pods, but Darth Bandon, Sith apprentice to Darth Malak himself, intercepts them. Ulgo throws himself at Bandon, sacrificing his life to give the hero a chance to escape. After meeting up with Carth, the hero enters the last escape pod and blasts out of the Endar Spire as the ship explodes.

The two soldiers awaken on ailing metropolis planet of Taris as Carth explains their situation. The Sith are searching everywhere for crashed Republic escape pods. Carth is quite suspicious of the mysterious hero, as he was a last minute crew replacement on the Endar Spire, was specifically requested for the assignment by Bastila, and just *happens* to be one of the ship's only survivors. The two put aside their differences and begin the search for Bastila. After killing a Sith patrol that was looking for them, the two comrades seek out leads on Taris' cantinas and surrounding areas. The crew gain vital funds for their search by winning at the card game Paazak, collecting bounties on criminal scum, and by fighting in the Taris duel ring. The hero hits a lucky break when when they stumble on a Sith interogation of an alien swoop biker. The heroes intervene and are rewared with Sith armor that allows them access to the lower city of Taris. Suriving encounters with the Black Vulkar gang, the party encounters Calo Nord, the galaxy's most infamous bounty hunter as he casually kills three glory seekers in a seedy cantina. They also encounter a street urchin named Mission Vao and her wookie companion Zaalbar. They suggest meeting Gadon, the leader of the Hidden Beks, an honorable swoop gang.

Gadon tells the heroes that Bastila has been captured by the Black Vulkars. The only way to rescue Bastila is to win an anual swoop race, as Bastila is being offered as the prize to the winner. The Vulkar base has stolen a prototype accelerator from the Beks that will give the Beks certain victory. The hero and Carth agree to recover the accelerator in exchange for Gadon's help. After some negotiation, Gadon agrees to give the heroes some security papers in exchange for the Sith armor. The team then heads to the undercity.

The crushed citizens of the lower city welcome the Republic heroes with open arms. These poor souls live in constant danger of starvation and attacks by savage rautghul mutants. Even worse, one bitten by rautghuls is soon after transformed into one, and there is no chance for a creating a cure... except for the anti serum the Sith patrols carry... As they begin their search for an alternate way into the Vulkar base, Mission Va

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    That is fantastic!

Can't wait to read the finished version!

22. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    On the Sith Destroyer Leviathan, dark events are transpiring. Admiral Karath hires Calo Nord, who miraculously surived Taris' destruction, to capture Bastila and kill her compainions, he begins his task at once...

The planet Kashyyyk has seen better days. Run by the Czerka corperation, the entire world has been turned into a slave colony. But there is another, darker secret behind the Czerka takeover, one that Zaalbar is reluctant to talk about. After witnessing once again the cruelities inflicted on his people, Zaalbar tells the story of what happened to his world.

Zaalbar's brother Chundar, was secretly making a deal with the Czerka corperation in exchange for himself being inserted as Kashyyyk's undisputed ruler. He sold out his own people for profit and power, the antithesis of Wookie honor. But Zaalbar's father Freyyr did not believe his son would stoop so low. Acting out of sheer rage, Zaalbar attacked Chundar with his claws, a henious crime on Kashyyyk. For a Wookie, their claws are used as tools, not weapons. To use them as such against another Wookie is an act worthy of sheer contempt. Zaalbar was banished from Kashyyyk and drifted until he reached Taris, looking for a place to die... until Mission Vao rescued him.

The party moves through Kashyyyk in search of the Star Forge. After witnessing the murder of a Wookie, the mysterious hero convinces the culprits to leave the planet without violence, an act that impresses Basilta. The hero playfully makes advances towards Bastila... and is firmly rebuked by her. He receive's the first of many lectures on why the Jedi are not allowed to love.

The group is soon confronted by the thugs of Chundar, they are brought before the traitor himself. They take Zaalbar prisoner and force the heroes to do a "service" for them. Chundar calmly asks them to murder his own father, who now lives in exhile and madness in the depths of Kashyyyk's forests. Best to leave loose ends tied up of course. The heroes agree... but secretly begin to work on a plan to rescue Zaalbar if possible.
    Now allowed passage into the shadowlands, the fellowship descend into its depths.

Only to run into their old friend, Calo Nord. After a vicious fight, Calo and his thugs lie dead by the hero's hand.

There they survive against the many brutal animals that inhabit the forest, and soon encounter a strange old hermit who defends himself against some animals. The man introduces himself as Jolee Bindo, a former Jedi who lives in the shadowlands. The man is intregued by the hero's search for the Star Forge and agrees to help him in exchange for getting rid of some Czerka pochers without killing them (which would only cause problems for the Wookies). The hero does this easily by disabling the sonic emiters around the camp, and the pochers run away screaming from the gigantic beast that charges into the camp. Little does the hero know that the animal is actually an imfamous Sith created Jedi hunter, the Terenatek.

These creatures killed Jedi Knights by the dozens after the Sith War with Exar Kun. A massive Jedi hunt was organized to destroy these monsters, who have a natural resistance against the force. The beasts finally retreated to Korriban, where the Jedi council sent three of its best Knights to finish them off. One of them was Duron Qel Droma, the cousin of Ulic and Cay Qel Droma. What became of these Jedi, no one knows.

Jolee, tired of his self imposed exhile, agrees to not only deactivate the force feild surrounding the deep shadowlands, but to join the heroes in thier quest. Jolee has a tounge with a razor's edge, and in spite of his great wisdom (or perhapes because of it) he constantly play acts the role of a cranky old man. The truth is much different however...

Pushing ever deeper into the Shadowlands, the heroes encounter a strange machine. Jolee (who tried to get the machine to work more than a hundred times) says the machien always rejected his neural pattern...

But suddenly the machine seems awakens projecting the image of a strange alien. It recognizes a mental pa

23. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
  24. xoliver

xoliver Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2001
    Re the Alaris Prime campaign in Galactic Battlegrounds, the sentence on p. 76 of the strategy guide reads 'Having lost the battle of Alaris Prime, Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray now has his eye on Naboo, home of Senator Palpatine and young Queen Amidala.' But the book's really not written from a continuity-minded point of view, and although the sentence does point to just before Episode I, it wouldn't be surprising if Lucas Licensing had another placement in mind ignoring this sentence which might be just casual and thoughtless.

25. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Now the party seeks out Zaalbar's father Freyyr inorder to save him, and possibly Kashyyyk itself. When they find him, the poor Wookie is driven half mad with the hatred of outsiders and the loss of his two sons; one to exhile, and one to greed. After a breif fight, Jolee and the hero convince Freyyr to trust them. Freyyr says its possible to challenge Chundar if he regains the sword of Bacca. Bacca, the first Wookie chieftan, was a legend in his own time. He was the first Wookie to discover life outside Kashyyyk after he investigated a strange ruin... a spaceship. From the metal of the ship, Bacca forged a great warsword, a symbol of leadership passed down generation to generation. With this sword Freyyr could Challenge Chundar. One problem though, during a ritual hunt, the sword was lodged in the back of a Terenatek and lost...

The mysterious hero kicks the proverbial gundark nest by summoning the creature at a place of ritual sacrifice. After a terrible battle, the Jedi hunter lies dead, and the sword is recovered.

Rising from the depths, our heroes rush to confront Chundar and free Zaalbar along with the rest of the Wookie people. Zaalbar is confused by the lies of Chundar, and doesn't know what to do. The fate of Kashyyyk lies in the hero's hand. The hero chooses wisely and supports Freyyr, who enters the building to reclaim his rightful position as ruler of Kashyyyk. Father and son fight a fierce battle against Chundar and his Czerka supporters, but the end Zaalbar and Freyyr prevail.

With the thanks of the Wookie people, our heroes tie up the loose ends on Kashyyyk. They help a wounded Wookie avenge his murdered comrades by killing a Mandalorian hunting party. They also solve a murder case involving another traitorous Wookie, saving the life of an old Wook.

The fellowship then returns to the Ebon Hawk and leaves for Tatooine.

The hero continues to deal with the members of his own party.

Disapointed after being taken away from the front lines, Carth is now almost paranoid about the hero's allegence. After an angry exchange of words, Carth then apologizes to the hero, promising to be less of a pain in the future. He simply wants to make a difference in the war, and isn't sure this is the best mission to do so.

Juhani, the Cathar Jedi that was liberated from the darkside by the hero's action, is adjusting well to her new suroundings. She admires the hero's commitment to the light. After Cathar was bombed into dust by the Mandalorians, the remainder of her people fled to the four corners of the galaxy. She was raised on a world hostile to aliens, and had little hope for the future after her parents died tragic deaths. Until the Jedi Knights, on their way to the frontlines of the Mandalorian War, came and rescued her from a life of slavery. Juhani's great anger comes from the injustice of her parent's demise, and the result of being treated like an animal for so many years. Now with the hero's help though, she swears she will continue to serve the light.

Canderous tells the hero all manners of warstories. From his first experiences with a Basilisk War Droid, to a strange encounter on the outer rim with an asteroid fighter that escaped beyond the galaxy... He tells the heroes he loathed the Republic's cowardly tactics in the Mandalorian wars, hiding behind children and families and putting bases in civilian cities. The Mandalorian's lust for war may have been well deserved, but they weren't savages by nature, only by necesscity. One Jedi, the Jedi Revan, redeemed the Republic in the eyes of Canderous. He was the greatest warrior the Mandalorians ever encountered, and it was an honor to be defeated by one so skilled as him.

Mission is still worried about her brother, but no word of him has surfaced yet, she swears the seach for Griff won't get in the way of their mission.

Jolee is even more mysterious than before. Side stepping the hero's questions. He does say that he's intreiged by the destiny of the mysterious hero, the main reason he tagged along. Jolee once ran a smuggling operation to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.