main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Yes, Maltese chicks are hot. I have a girl from Malta in my AP Biology class and my Advanced Composition class. :cool:

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    About lenghtening Ewok Cartoon summeries in Timetales:

For example...

this is from Timetales...

"Ewoks: The Cries of the Trees."
    The evil witch Morag forces the pixie ? like Firefolk to torch the forest. The Ewoks must save their soul trees.
    (ANIMATED SERIES - Nelvana Inc. / ABC-TV ? Paul Dini ? 7 September

In the site:

http://www.lucasfan.com/animated/animated.html

I found this:

THE CRIES OF THE TREES

It hasn?t rained in the forest in a while, and the tribe is afraid of a forest fire. Wicket, Kneesaa, Teebo, and Latara, while running an errand, meet the Firefolk, a peaceful group of firefly elves. A witch named Morag tries to catch the elves. They escape, but she manages to capture one. Meanwhile, Logray and Chief Chirpa are trying to develop some alternative methods to prevent a forest fire. The young Ewoks get back the next morning, and Paploo (Kneesaa?s cousin) takes them to play a game away in the forest, while they are supposed to be working. Wicket?s aunt catches them in the act, and sentences them back to work.
    In the meantime, at Morag?s cave, Morag?s spider helpers bring in the Dulok shaman (wizard/medicine man). Together with him, Morag plans revenge on her archrival Logray, and uses the magical firefly that she captured, along with some magic, to bring. She turns the fly into a possessed firespreading beast, and each other firefly that it touches, becomes evil? The flies spread fire at the place where Wicket, Paploo, and the gang were working, and when the elder Ewoks come, they blame it on the young Ewoks. They are not allowed to go to the party that was to be held that evening, and had to go to bed early.
    That evening, all the young Ewoks have the same dream - that the Soul Trees, all burnt up, were calling them for help. They all wake up at the same time, and look out of their windows, finding the forest covered with fire.
    They immediately notify the Ewok warriors. Coincidentally, one of the fireflies drops into their hut. Wicket sprays some water over her, and the spell is ?flushed? out of her. They then find out about Morag?s plan. They then go to the party, and tell Logray and Chirpa about the fire. Thanks to a great team effort, the Ewoks manage to somewhat keep the fire under control with the forest fire prevention technique (a magical foam that gets rid of it) that Logray and Chirpa had developed earlier. With their Ewok Gliders, Wicket and the gang drop water balloons (filled with the foam, rather) all over the forest. Wicket even saves his aunt, with whom he had a quarrel earlier that day.
    The forest is damaged a bit, but luckily it starts raining, so the Soul Trees can grow again.

.......and much more other SUMMERIES and PICTURES

.....maybe they could be modified a little bit and lenthened.

(They were quite long cartoons, the clone wars would be much shorter)

...........just my ideas

what do you think?

3. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    One silly question : when the next update is scheduled ?

4. Histoire

Aug 24, 2001
    up

Nightowl and the Gath, have you some difficulties to update the timetales with the end of NJO, and others publications?

5. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    We seriously need a new update. What's taking so long?

6. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2001
    When are you guys going to update the timeline with the new material?

7. Histoire

Aug 24, 2001
    HAs someone some news from the Gatherer or Nightowl ? We miss you, guys ?

8. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hello everyone, sorry about the lack of updates, I have just returned from a forced hiatus! :)

Currently, we ARE working on an update to TIMETALES, as usual, Chris is working on the Bricks (TUF, and all the latest book summaries), and I am working on the Mortar (many copius pages of notes, etc...)

Hopefully we can get a release in either January or February.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I have just returned from a forced hiatus! <<

Oh, is that what they're calling it nowadays? [face_batting]

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    It sounds a little nicer than that nasty word beginning with b! ;)

11. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hopefully there will be a new release of Timetales soon...

I just e-mailed Chris 5 pages of entries to include in the next edition.

However, the downside is that Chris is currently having problems with his computer, I think it has crashed, and he is having trouble even booting up! :(

12. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Hang in there folks -- I've got the .doc file up to date, it's just a matter of getting access back to the ftp! I'm having to work from my dad's computer, my own is gone for good. (Motherboard failure.) I'm also working on the Section 1 rebuild whenever I have the time.

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Nightowl and Gatherer

14. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Okay, the .doc file is updated. Now comes the trickier part of bringing the online version back from the dead...

15. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    awesome guys. :)

16. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Great stuff, but I've found something that needs correcting:

You've placed Bounty Hunter before Outlander, which is impossible as Gardulla the Hutt is killed in Bounty Hunter, but is alive and well in Outlander.

17. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Great a new update :D. I have read the previous edition completly and loved it so I have a few questions:

1. Perhaps it is possible to include a small list with new updates in a row? Like Bountyhunter (page 327), NJO Last Profecy (page 1138) etc. That would make it easier for those who only wants to check the new things like me. So perhaps it can be put in a post here if it is not to much work? Thanks :).

2. Perhaps not the correct place, if so sorry, but I saw that Jedi Starfighters were in Stark Hyperspace war (I was searching on Jedi Starfighter for my fanfic in TimeTales), but how is this possible since iirc there were developped and all in 22 years before yavin, 1 year before Clone Wars?

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "You've placed Bounty Hunter before Outlander, which is impossible as Gardulla the Hutt is killed in Bounty Hunter, but is alive and well in Outlander."

It doesn't help that there is a refrence to Gardulla still being alive and fleeing Tattooine in order to avoid slave trafficking charges from the republic during the Clone wars in another source...

Somehow she survived her presumed death, :p... She must have been found somewhat indigestable...

19. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Wouldn't be the first time! :)

I didn't notice the Outlander/Bounty Hunter discrepancy, Mav, and I'm sorry. I suspect Gardulla's fate in BH was meant to be final, though. That reference to slave trafficking's probably gone the way of Qui-Gon's 200 year old master and his own unnamed first apprentice. (shrug)

Exar: The Jedi starfighters in SHW were, I think, supposed to be a one-time thing (borrowed from local planetary militias, perhaps). Remember, Jedi are diplomats and negotiators by trade, not soldiers. Starfighters are something they would use only as a last resort, in extreme emergencies -- and the Stark Hyperspace War and the Separatist crisis both certainly qualified.

20. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the zip hasn't been updated. It still has the .doc and other stuff from the August edition.

21. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Perhaps the Gardulla mentioned in the Clone Wars is Gardulla the Younger, the Hutt who briefly appears in Hero's Trial?

As for the starfighters in SHW, i believe the Jedi did have a starfighter program during the pre-Naboo period (Jedi Apprentice mentions this), scrapped it (Padawans used to train in it) and then opened it up again shortly before the Clone Wars broke out.

22. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, its possible if there is any wiggle room in the way the information was written(secrets of tatoooine?), that it could be read to be Gardulla the Younger... I just don't know for sure as I don't have that book...

As for Qui'Gon's "400 year old master" I thought that might have been refrence to perhaps Qui-Gon being under Yaddle when he was a youngling?

Oddly enough Qui-Gon's apprentice before Xanatos is still refrenced up in the star wars databanks...

23. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    WTF?? Aw, damn case-sensitive links...

Okay, try 'er now.

24. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Noticed a slight error in the latest edition -- there's an entry detailing Bastila Shan's mission to Taris to confront the Sith there as falling in between the Dark Lords of the Sith and The Sith War series.

(About forty or so years premature there, guys. ;))

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Great work, guys!

Don't forget to update the link here too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.