main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Leto -- that was last August's edition you were looking at. I've got the right one up now, and that error was eliminated. :)

2. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Thanks for all Nightowl and the Gatherer

3. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    What about this idea:

Perhaps it is possible to include a small list with new updates in a row? Like Bountyhunter (page 327), NJO Last Profecy (page 1138) etc. That would make it easier for those who only wants to check the new things like me. So perhaps it can be put in a post here if it is not to much work? Thanks

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ah, you're referring to the main "Timetales" page link, then, right?

Because I recently downloaded the "new" Microsoft Word version (the one I usually browse most days) via the link that's up right now on the site's headline page, and it's still the July/August, 2003 edition.

That probably explains it. :)

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    At last! The new edition of TimeTales! I'd almost given up hope, to tell you the truth.

Notes on the new TimeTales:

This reference from Rogue Planet:

The seven planets of the factory system Kol Hurro, devoted to turning out defense systems and starships, manufacture universal combat droids for a petty and vicious tyrant, who is vanquished by the Republic.

Conjecture based on ?SW: Rogue Planet? [Page 66 - 67].

has always seemed to me to be referring to Iaco Stark, and his hyperspace war. Two petty tyrants vanquished by the Republic in the same year? Seems like a bit of a coincidence. Perhaps this could be moved closer to the Stark Hyperspace War entry...

Again, I recant my earlier suggestion that the Alaris Prime campaign from Galactic Battlegrounds belongs at 43 BSW4. It clearly takes place at 32 BSW4, not too long before TPM and its related stories. The Galactic Battlegrounds Strategy Guide states that "Having lost the battle for Alaris Prime, Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray now has his eye on Naboo, home of Senator Palpatine and young Queen Amidala." (page 76) So the Alaris Prime battle took place shortly before the Naboo invasion. Also, the Trade Federation also uses destroyer droids and droid starfighters in the campaign, which they did not possess until after Cloak of Deception, at 33 BSW4.

Shouldn't Outlander come before Bounty Hunter on the timeline, as Gardulla is clearly killed in the latter? Or are you assuming that the Gardulla in Outlander is, in fact, Gardulla the Younger?

The Alderaan Factor summery (and the references that go with it) should be moved to after TESB, as Lando appears in that story.

Kadann is "Kadann", not "Kadaan".

Technically, Adventures in Colors and Shapes is in continuity, and should be in the green. ;)

A version of Hoth Stuff is now in continuity, according to Planet Hoppers. Weird, huh?

TC

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "The Alderaan Factor summery (and the references that go with it) should be moved to after TESB, as Lando appears in that story."

Actually, Essential Guide to Characters includes a reference that places it between A New Hope and ESB.

7. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >Actually, Essential Guide to Characters includes a reference that places it between A New Hope and ESB<

Huh, what page is that? Even so, Lando clearly appears in the comic. He goes with Luke and Chewbacca to rescue Leia. So although the book may imply otherwise, the story has to take place after TESB.

TC

8. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    You're thinking of the "Last Gift of Alderaan" story from issues 53 - 54. The Alderaan Factor only has Luke and Leia in it (issue 86).

9. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >You're thinking of the "Last Gift of Alderaan" story from issues 53 - 54. The Alderaan Factor only has Luke and Leia in it (issue 86).<

No, I'm most definately thinking of The Alderaan Factor here. The one set on Yinchorr, not the ones with Kyral Longknife, or whatever his name was. An editor's note on the first page of the issue places the story of Factor before ROTJ. Lando appears later in the comic, on page 110 of the Wookiee World TPB. Look it up. Luke says "No, Lando, there's trouble." He also appears on page 116, and page 124. Check it out.

TC

10. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Is TimeTales...a bit dead?

If not, I've put together a complete transcript of The Lost Jedi: Jedi Dawn, that hard to find Adventure Gamebook released only in the UK, for anyone who's interested.

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    You should talk to them about adding that to Arcana Historica, although it is probably a complete copyright violation that they would not put it up.

Maybe we should request that LFL look into the possibility of having the Choose-your-own adventures reprinted.

12. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    I see.

I had more intended passing it on to them for the purposes of their using the information therein to create an entry than for the purposes of their putting its transcript online- it's not Infinities or anything, and I'm fairly certain it still isn't in their timeline anywhere.

13. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Has anyone kept track of the Star Wars: Galaxies Dead Eye story arc? Things on the internet invariably dissapear after a time, so it might be worth putting together an entry sooner rather than later.

14. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I had more intended passing it on to them for the purposes of their using the information therein to create an entry than for the purposes of their putting its transcript online- it's not Infinities or anything, and I'm fairly certain it still isn't in their timeline anywhere.

Sorry I misunderstood.

I could have sworn someone had already given them a summary, and I assumed it was already in there.

15. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Ho-hum...with WordPad rather than Word all that's available to me, I can no longer view TimeTales. Is the online version ever coming back?

16. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually, that was always something that bothered me. Why do you offer the online version in MS Word only?

You should make it more available to MacOS and Linux people. Might I suggest converting the offline version into PDF?

By the way Terranix, if you download OpenOffice, the open source MS Office alternative, you should be able to view Word files. It is available for free.

17. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Tarranix, I'd be interested in the Lost Jedi transcript.

TC

18. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Happy to help, TC.

By the way Terranix, if you download OpenOffice, the open source MS Office alternative, you should be able to view Word files. It is available for free.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

19. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    As punishment for their complicity in the Rebellion, the population of the planet Toprawa saw its world reduced to a pre ? industrial state where banthas were the swiftest form of travel and fire was the highest level of energy production available to the native people. Imperial forces lived in gleaming citadels that remained lit like beacons throughout the night, becoming visible monuments to what the people of Toprawa had lost through their perfidy.

?SW: X-Wing Rogue Squadron? [Page 350]

#1.) This should be moved to a time post-ANH.

#2.) Also, in the entry for Jedi Dawn that is immediately previous, there is a typo where a murder is described as being "coldly-blooded".

~

#3.) In the "Force Heretic II: Refugee" entry a Jostran is described as being a centipede- this is really innacurate. The description should change to something along the lines of "intelligent insectoid parasite", which would be a far better description.

~

Zenoma Sekot encounters a ?great intrusion? from an unknown spacefaring species (the Yuuzhan Vong). They lurk outside the system, sending in exploratory ships. The people of Zonama Sekot think that they are customers who stumble upon them without a guide or factor. The ?Far Outsiders?, as they are dubbed by the people of Zonama Sekot, seem very curious about what that people had done on the planet.

Conjecture based on ?SW: Rogue Planet.? [Page 62, 263 - 264]

#4.) That's "Zonama" and "stumbled". Not sure about "factor", but that might just be something I'm missing.

~

Designated M-18 by the Chiss, this moon was captured by the planet Mobus in the Klasse Ephemora System of the Unknown Regions, sometime around the Battle of Yavin. Its mass was more than ten times the combined mass of all the other seventeen moons of Mobus, a fact that intrigued the first Chiss probe to investigate the system. However, no other unusual characteristics were noted, and the probe moved on. Decades later, investigation into the records of the Chiss' Expeditionary Library by Luke Skywalker and his fellow Jedi Knights revealed that M-18 might have been the rogue planet Zonama Sekot.

?Force Heretic I: Refugee.?

#5.) That should read something to the effect of "that M-18 was in fact the rogue planet Zonama Sekot" or "that M-18 could in fact be the rogue planet Zonama Sekot". The past tense is innacurate as it was still there at the time of the investigation.

~

#6.) Again assuming TimeTales is still going, I have a new entry, which dosen't seem to have been mentioned yet:

11 Years BSW4

The living planet Zonama Sekot appears in the skies over Munlali Mafir in the Unknown Regions. The "Star-World" holds its place in the sky for three months, during which Munlali Mafir undergoes a period of geological unrest. Numerous volcanoes around the planet erupt, the lands making up the world's three continents are rent by groundquakes, ocean currents are disrupted and most of the world's stone cities are reduced to ruins. Many of the natives die, and as a result of the upheavel a warlike subspecies of the Jostrans (intelligent, centipedelike parasites) achieves global dominance by enslaving the Krizlaws--an unintelligent species of reptillian predators--and gaining themselves a competitive edge.

With the symbionts' ascension the previous Jostran civilisation is eradicated.

Force Heretic II: Refugee

20. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    The journey down ol' Comeback Trail has begun. The .doc file is updated again, and Section 1-1 is back up.

21. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Thanks for the update, Nightowl and congratulations for the online section.

But the link for downloading doc file seems to have a problem. The downloading file seems to be the Spring version of Timetales and not the summer version, because in winzip, the file is last modified 03/15/2004.

Hope that you could resolve the problem.

22. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Fixed it!

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    In Timetales the summery of how Oola got in Jabba's palace is

Oola is captured on the planet Ryloth by Bib Fortuna and sold into slavery as a dancer of Jabba the Hutt.

"Tales from Jabba's Palace" and "SW RPG Trilogy Special Edition Sourcebook." Oola met Luke Skywalker during his Tatooine 'vacation' in "Shadows of the Empire" four months later.

In The Official Starwars Factfiles Issue 96, I found a more detailed story with more characters.

Here's a summery of what's written:

One of Oola's fans was Bib Fortuna who saw in Oola the opportunity to gain additional favour in Jabba's court. He decided to kidnap her from her father. Innocent and foolish, Oola, like another dancing girl called Sienn'rha was easily persuaded to meet Fortuna, who carried them away for a new life.

Bib sent Oola and Sienn'rha to dancing classes in a secret complex on Ryloth where they received estensive training and were taught to develop their own distinctive dancing personae.

4 MONTHS LATER:

Oola and Sienn'rha travelled to Tatooine with Jerris Rudd, the henchman of Jabba who was a filthy and unkemp individual. Amazingly, despite Rudd's lewd behaviour, Oola still managed to persuade herself that she was heading for a better life.

Arriving in Mos Eisley, Rudd forced to hide the girls in a rubbish dump while he made new arrangements and instructed both girls not to speak to anyone or they might get eaten. A mysterious figure in a black cloak approached. It was Luke Skywalker. He managed to convince Sienn'rrha not to go to Jabba. Sienn'rha was still in pain after having her lekku tattooed and it did not take much to be persuaded by Luke.

In contrast, Oola had effectively undergone months of brainwashing in thinking that Jabba's palace was a nice place and Luke was forced to leave her behind.

Ooa's fate was sealed when Rudd and Fortuna returned. To her bitter disappointment, Jabba's Palace was as bad, or worse, than Luke had depicted. She found Jabba himself utterly repulsive, yet was chained to him on a leash. For two days, Oola did not sleep. Then, as she desperately tried to find an escape, she met C-3P0, who told her to be patient - his master would rescue them all.

24. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I can't believe that Timetales is now OVER 1,000+ pages! ;)

I wonder how long it will be after the conclusion of the Star Wars Saga. Episode III, Prequel Novels, Clone Wars Cartoons, Post NJO duology, New RPG, New Computer Games, New Comics... Star Wars EU to continue to until at LEAST 2008... I can see Timetales hitting at least 2,000 pages!

25. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    >Actually, Essential Guide to Characters includes a reference that places it between A New Hope and ESB<

Huh, what page is that? Even so, Lando clearly appears in the comic. He goes with Luke and Chewbacca to rescue Leia. So although the book may imply otherwise, the story has to take place after TESB.

TC

WOW... an argument between fanboys! Crack open the beers, and get the pretzels! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.