Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guildenstern Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll second that sentiment. :)
  2. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    Just giving this a little shove back to the top.

If you need any help while you're 'off the net', I'm sure that there are plenty of us here in the Lit Forum that would be willing to help out.
  3. DaJames Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll third, or fourth, that sentiment. But now a few questions...

If it's not too classified, what did Mike say that got him permanently banned ?

Who exactly has the authority to permanently ban him or anyone else for that matter ?

Where should we place an official protest and petition to reinstate a highly valued member of the online SW community ? Is such a move already in place ? What do you think of the success odds ?
  4. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If it's not too classified, what did Mike say that got him permanently banned ?

This is his last post

Who exactly has the authority to permanently ban him or anyone else for that matter ?

Any mod can permaban if there have been large enough infractions in the past, but this time, based off above post, it was Kimball.

Where should we place an official protest and petition to reinstate a highly valued member of the online SW community ? Is such a move already in place ? What do you think of the success odds ?

Not going to work, I can almost guarentee you. However, asking an admin via PM might be the way to go.

Mods, please edit above if it qualifies as saying too much about other users' bans, just stuff I found out easily.

On topic: Nightowl, any summaries you need could likely be provided by Litizens, and I'd really like to keep Timetales updated--it's incredibly valuable for some things that I've been using it for.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    DaJames - were you to organize a petition, DarthSapient would be the one to contact since he is Head Admin. However, considering the user involved, and without saying specifics, chances are that the request would be turned down.
  6. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    Any mod can permaban if there have been large enough infractions in the past, but this time, based off above post, it was Kimball.

While we do not discuss administrative actions outside of MS, I will say this much. Any actions taken against The Gatherer were the decision of the MS as a whole, and not just any one mod or admin. It was approved by not just the Head Admin, but the owners as well.

Additionally, because of his behavior since his last post, any petitions for leniency will not be accepted. His current status is a result of his own choices and actions.

Kimball Kinnison
  7. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I've been in contact with Michael earlier today, and it looks like TimeTales is still going. Not posting here doesn't change that. Right now, the project is being discussed on a thread at the official SW website here:

TimeTales

Also, he's having a lot of trouble getting in touch with Chris "Nightowl" McElroy, so if anyone knows how to contact him, please let Michael know.
  8. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    Nightowl wrote in this thread -

<<I just don't have much access to the internet anymore, and I won't until we finally close on our new house and I can get my computer out of U-Haul hell. Right now I'm on a laptop at my Uncle Bobby's; probably won't be back online for a couple of days.>>

Perhaps it's just difficult for him to get to the net at the moment?
  9. Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer

VIP
    star 4
    Well, I'm back online -- sort of. I've got my computer set up at my Grandma's house, where I'm living for the time being. I've been working at Winn-Dixie as a stocker, and next week I'll be taking a second job selling merchandise at Main Street U.S.A in Walt Disney World. :)

I've only got a 48K dialup connection, with about 20 hours a month available, but I think I'll be able to set up a DSL sometime next month. I don't really know how to reach the Timetales ftp, since the TFN revamp happened right as I moved. If anyone on the staff reads this, I'd appreciate a quick heads-up on that.

Gatherer, I've bookmarked the Official SW thread on Timetales. Glad to know you're still pulling for me! You can use this email to send me the notes: boilingblood76@yahoo.com (Nobody else use that one, okay?)

Timetales, as it exists in my hard drive, is 1,127 pages strong and still growing. I FINALLY finished the Droids summaries and will soon be starting on Ewoks. I'm caught up with just about everything else except KOTOR 2 -- I've got the PC version, and it's bug-ridden. I'm gonna wait until a patch comes out before I try going further on that (I'm up to Nar Shaddaa). I've totally rewritten the "Real Life" chronology at the back, and made it more of a biography of George Lucas's life. Even I was surprised at a few of the things I've learned about the guy!

So folks, I'm still alive and I'm looking forward to the next few months like everyone else. See you at the theaters (I'm thinking the AMC at Downtown Disney) this May!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.