main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (Marvel) #6: Skywalker Strikes, part 6 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mattman8907, May 28, 2015.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Luke Vs Boba is shaping up to be everything I've imagined it to be ever since I've discovered it was going to happen two weeks ago.

3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'm gonna repost what did over in the Marvel General Thread in response to the preview:

I like this confrontation with Boba as we've seen so far ... it makes for another interesting test/confidence builder of the one Jedi skill Ben Kenobi personally taught and trained Luke in - the blind defense -
    [​IMG]

it's one thing for Luke to have applied the principle with the X-Wing torpedo controls against the Death Star ("reach out with your feelings!"), but now he's applying it back to lightsaber defense against an attack. His distracted practice a couple issues ago didn't go too well ...
    [​IMG]

But now in #6 we see him being forced to apply it when it absolutely counts. I really like the thoughtful progression by the storytellers/writers this displays.​

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    mattman8907

Paging me in a comic thread is kinda like the "Bat Signal" if there is a shot of the Rebel Fleet. You have been warned. Next time you will face a perm ban. [face_shame_on_you]:p

--Adm. Nick

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012

i'm sorry i didn't know. i saw somebody did it in the Star Wars Marvel 5: Skywalker Strikes Part 5 of 6 thread. This was my first time. but thanks for the warning.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No worries, just joking with you. ;)

--Adm. Nick

7. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012

well still, i'll be on my best behavior.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This confrontation between Luke and Boba makes ROTJ's encounter more awesome. Why? Because it makes Boba exactly like his father. In AOTC, Mace holds Jango at lightsaber point, and Jango decided he wants to get revenge, so he goes down to face Mace and ultimately gets killed. In this issue, Luke will (presumably) beat Boba, who will then attempt to face him for revenge in ROTJ...only to ultimately get killed (unless the NEU revives him). That's kind of cool.

9. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014
    Wait, when did we learn about Fett's father, this "Jango" you speak of? Pretty sure we know little to nothing about Fett's past.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You know, you may find them funny, but as someone who enjoyed the PT I'm getting sort of tired of these "witty" comments of yours on Fett's backstory. :rolleyes:

11. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014
    I'm just joking around, if you like the prequel trilogy that's perfectly fine. However, I'm not going to avoid stating my opinion on the PT because others may have liked it. Also, I'm pretty sure I've only submitted a similar comment once before.

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I understand not liking it–what I don't appreciate is how you have been interrupting legitimate conversations or commented on serious statements with a joke about the PT. I don't mind you stating your opinion, really–but the way you've been doing it has been done in such a way that it actually detracts from the conversation as a whole.

Sorry, I'm not a mod, or anything–and I sort of feel like I'm mini-modding when I'm saying this–but I just would enjoy an actual, full-range conversation without it being interrupted with heckles like this, that's all. [face_dunno]

cdgodin, Zer0, Taalcon and 2 others like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just give a fleet image and he'll be happy.

A (rebel) fleet shot a day
    Keeps the (Admiral) Nick away

14. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    looking forward to reading this issue tomorrow and we're done with the first Story arc of the new Star Wars comic!

15. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Finished reading this and Vader and I love that both this and Vader #6 have the same ending. Guess that's the reason they were released on the same day.
    Bring on Arc #2

cwustudent, Barriss_Coffee and Aphra like this.
  16. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Any shots of the Rebel Fle... oh, you all know the routine. :p

--Adm. Nick

Cracian_Thumper and whiskers like this.
  17. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    This issue was fantastic!

Luke stuff: I'm right there with the commenters who posted earlier that this shows Luke's journey from impatient farmboy to collected Jedi. He's still got a long way to go, of course, but in a moment of great danger he finds himself and shows shades of the Jedi Master he'll come to be. Him escaping from Fett feels earned, even if he was literally saved by a deus ex machina.

Han and Leia stuff: This is so perfect that I don't actually understand why Han doesn't have an ex-wife or anything in the old EU. I want to know more about Sana Solo. And I want to see more Han being so incredibly uncomfortable.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    When Sana Solo was first introduced in SW #4 I was like "here we go another baddie after Han Solo for some reason yawn"

When she revealed her name I was like "Yes! Another original move by the new canon":)

Barriss_Coffee and Aphra like this.
  19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Haven't read it yet. is Sana Solo from what I understand an ex-wife of Han?

20. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    It's not really clear whether they're actually divorced or just separated (and who knows how that actually works in the GFFA). She says "wife," but for all intents and purposes, she might as well be an ex-wife.

spicer likes this.
  21. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Sadly, no. Great issue, though!

22. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If Han has an ex-wife then surely Lando must have a dozen:p

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah this is just too perfect. Well Han is a "scoundrel" after all, maybe he was a "love them and leave them" type of guy in the past.

24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so will there be a Star Wars TPB for this 6 part series?

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Interesting. Now, this could just be a coincidence, but a similar looking woman from the old EU...

[​IMG]

...at one point wanted to marry Han. They even have similar names (Sana vs. Salla). I wonder if this is indeed a huge coincidence, or if this might be one of those EU references where even though they changed a name, they used a similar personality-type or whatever they said they would do.