Lit Literature Casting Call

Discussion in 'Literature' started by passion_of_the_chiss, Nov 8, 2004.

1. passion_of_the_chiss Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone, I know there's a casting call section on this site but it doesn't seem to get updated very often. I know this sort of thing probably gets discussed a lot here, but bear in mind I'm only new to these boards. These are my suggestions on actors appropriate for roles is they filmed either Tim Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy or his Hand of Thrawn Duology. I am drawing from these five books because I consider them to be the best novels written in the Star Wars Extended Universe, and would love to see any (if not all!) of them adapted.

Grand Admiral Thrawn- a coveted role if these novels were to be filmed, I agree with the casting call on this site that he should be played by Jeremy Irons. He has that gravelly voice and has had plenty of practice at being a bad guy.

Captain Gilad Pellaeon- again, I agree that Derek Jacobi would make a perfect Pellaeon. If for no other reason, because he physically looks more similiar to him than any other candidate I can think of. But what I like about Pellaeon is that he isn't really a bad guy; he's just a loyal officer doing his job, and I think Sir Derek would bring the right amount of dignity and nobility to this role.

Joruus C'Baoth- Donald Sutherland was the most popular on this site; I'm not so sure. I personally think James Cromwell would play this well: he's a character actor who is in no way typecast to play villains, as I fear Sutherland is. This makes him more ominous, as we don't know just how dangerous he is.

Mara Jade- this would undoubtebly be another very hotly contested role, and I can't think of any "known" actress who could pull it off. In my opinion, given the mysterious nature of her character, this role may be best off in the hands of an unknown.

Talon Karrde- I hope people don't think I'm fawning here, but once again I think the site's choice is correct: Sean Connery would be excellent in this role! Lets face it- who wouldn't love to see Sean Connery in a Star Wars film? Plus, his character is like a grown up Han Solo, and let's not forget that this man played Harrison Ford's father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. At 74, he may be a little old, but he has aged so well I don't think it will matter.

Moff Disra- we're onto the Hand of Thrawn novels now. Given that all the Imperial Officers in the classic trilogy were played by British actos, I think Brian Cox would fit this role nicely. Zahn describes Disra as small and grey haired, which Cox is. He has also made a career out of playing villains who are scheming and political rather than pantomine camp: a perfect fit.

Major Tierce- this would be a performance which also requires mystery. I think Daniel Bernhardt would make an excellent Tierce: he's tall, skilled in martial arts and has played a similar character in The Matrix Reloaded. Despite the fact that this was a big film, it is unlikely people would recognise him from this as he was wearing sunglasses for the whole of this film.
  2. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Definently Alexis Cruz for Quinlan Vos.

[image=http://koti.mbnet.fi/jayjay/tvdome/stargate/kuvat/cruz.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/quinlan_vos_2.jpg]
  3. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Misha Barton would be the perfect Dusque, and Matt LeBlanc would be a great Finn.
  4. 7-7-7 Jedi Master

star 4
    For Thrawn, I can't picture anyone but Jason Isaacs playing him. He pulls of the villain role so well (notably in the Patriot and Harry Potter) and he has the cool, cunning, calculating feel to him.

For Talon Karrde, maybe Tim Zhan. Who better to play the character than the character's creator? I think Connery would work better for Garm Bel Iblis, or maybe Burt Reynolds. I can't justify the Irish accent for either of the characters, despite how much I enjoy Sean Connery.

Dina Meyer would make, IMO, a great Mara Jade. When I first saw her in Dragonheart, my reaction was nothing short of standing up and quietly shouting "That's Mara Jade!" The model who they have doing the facework of Mara Jade right now doesn't quite do the character justice.

Jaina Solo: Anna Paquin, just without the cheesy southern accent.

I've always pictures Luke Wilson as Kyp Durron.

Jag Fel would look great as Matthew Keeslar. Even the artistic renderings of Jag Fel look like Keeslar.
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Luke Wilson as Kyp Durron

Um . . . I must strongly protest that. :p I'm all for Shane Brolly as Kyp Durron. For one thing, he looks a heck of a lot like the picture of Kyp on the Japanese cover of "Rebel Dream".

Dana
  6. JediArashi Jedi Padawan

7-7-7....just wanted to point out that Sean Connery is Scottish...not Irish.

I think he would work for Kardde...15 years ago, but not now. From the time I first read about Talon, I forwever pictured Sean Connery in Highlander as Ramirez. The ponce style of his clothes, his roguish charm, I always pictured Kardde like that.

7. Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/eastenders/characters/dennis_r/char_dennisrickman.jpg]

I always pictured Nigel Harman as being a great Jag.

[image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/stage/2004/02/images/chuckle_brothers_270.jpg]

And the Chuckle Brothers would steal the show as Ryn.
  8. JediHobbit Force Ghost

star 5
  9. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Adam Baldwin as one of the Wraith or X-Wing pilots from the series...
  10. EwokStromboli Jedi Knight

star 3
    No one but Alan Rickman for Thrawn. You could even adjust his And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer---benefits of a classical education moment of whimsy from Die Hard into something that fits the GFFA and Zahn's style.

And I heartily recommend the lady from the Overstock.com commercials to play Mara Jade---not because her personality is especially suited to Mara's (hell, I don't even know who she is), but simply because she's beautiful, and I would like to know who she is. :D
  11. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Johnney Depp should play Kyp. [face_mischief]
  12. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Depp might actually make the character interesting. :p

For a Wraith TV series or TV movie, I'd kinda like Cary Elwes as Ton Phanan. Just my .02 :)
  13. 7-7-7 Jedi Master

star 4
    That reminds me: Corin Nemic for Wes Janson.

Johnny Depp would make a great Kyp, if Kyp were ten years older. I guess that they could do some snazzy makeup effects to make Depp look younger, but he seems to age at an accelerated rate when compared to the hollywood norm.
  14. Wraith-13 Jedi Padawan

For the past couple days, I've been trying to cast Rogue Sqaudron from Stackpole's X-Wing books in my head. So far I can only think of one guy, I feel disappointed in myself. I think Jude Law would make a good Tycho Celchu. Any thoughts?
  15. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I have to say that Sean Connery would play one part to absolute perfection: Jorj Car'das. I just heard every line that guy said in Connery's voice.
  16. Count_Solidus Jedi Master

star 4
    Stephanie Romanov, who played "Lilliah" on the series "Angel," would make a perfect Ysanne Isard and Viqi Shesh.
  17. BroodingLion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sean Bean might not make a bad Karrde. I agree on Connery for Car'das.
  18. Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master

star 4
    I always thought Sean Bean would be a good Tol Skorr, they look near-enough the same.
  19. jedimaster203 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ben Browder is the best actor is Sci-Fi. He needs a role. Maybe Janson?
  20. TwiLeksRokMySox Jedi Knight

star 2
    LMAO!! Those guys ARE Ryn!

Also, as per Excellence's opinions:

Chris Tucker as Nick Rostu.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I love Sean Bean and I think he's always getting parts that are too minor, but I have to say I think he would be perfect for the part of Wurth Skidder.

22. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Sean Bean is too old for Wurth Skidder, but I could see him easily play Kenth Hamner.
  23. Saberwielder315 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think a great Jaina Solo would be Amy Lee of Evanescence. I feel she looks a lot like her. Except who knows if Amy Lee can act.
  24. Long-Lost-Idiot Jedi Padawan

I have to agree witht the Amy Lee being Jiana. It would work out very well. For thrawn I see Hugo Weaving. He has the voice and apperance for it. He is also a great evil villian (who else could flip out about a plate of cookies?].
  25. Saberwielder315 Jedi Master

star 4
    Also I think for Jacen, we need someone whiney. I wouldn't pick him, but the kid who plays Conner on Angel is the best whiner in the world. But for looks I would go for the guy who plays Clark Kent on Smallville with shorter hair. Also for Tahiri, that girl who plays the Anti Christ on that new show Point Pleasent.