main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Literature Forum Reference: Rules, Index, Release Dates & weekly Marvel Comics shipping updates

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

thats true, most of my comments are directed to what i wish was not canon. TFU

2. Darksama

Darksama Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    Eddie,

According to the Dark Horse website Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin HC collection will now be out on November 20. Also Dark Times Volume 7: A Spark Remains has been pushed to April 23.

eddie1969 likes this.
  3. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Thanks! Although there's not much news regarding upcoming Del Rey hardcovers (Sword of the Jedi anyone?), it is time for another update for the main list!

4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    eddie1969 likes this.
  5. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
  6. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    Well, actually not that weekend, but now it;s away!!!!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great shot, Ed! That was one in... well, several- but that's a good thing! ;)

eddie1969 likes this.
  8. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Why aren't there any new novels announced past March 2014, ie: release dates / month?

9. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    That's because, as our old green friend says "Uncertain the future is".

I guess it all depends which road Disney will take, regarding the upcoming movies and the timeline for the books...

10. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Dont spoil it for me because I am about halfway through the Agent of the Empire Vol.2 TPB. And I saw that there was no mention of a third up there in the near future. if this is due to how the story is going, then fine, but my guess is that this comic is gonna get left out there in limbo with no end type thing??

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yep it is "on hold" just like Invasion. [face_sigh]

12. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    At least with Invasion we kinda know how things end. I don't really see Marvel picking up any of these lose ends, not that I thought they would, well maybe I wishfully thought they may....

13. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    The thought of Marvel eventually relaunching/continuing successfull DH storylines/titles crossed my mind as well. I would consider that to be very cool!!!

And in the UK, a new children's comic was released today, simply called Star Wars Comic # 1. It features the first of a series of new short comics, this one called "War on the Jundland Wastes"... Check out an image at my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...279572504.7751.104147893033576&type=1&theater

I wonder if Marvel will allow these short comics to continue/reprinted by a US non-Marvel company (PYR books):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...279572504.7751.104147893033576&type=1&theater

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like that new comic might be a Clone Wars Comic Magazine replacement. I subscribe and I got it in the post today.

eddie1969 likes this.
  15. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    It is... Small print has this as Volume 7, with latest incarnation of CW being Volume 6...

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I remember seeing Killik Harvest - a story starring Boba Fett and the Killiks post FOTJ - being released in April. Now it's gone. Is it in limbo like SOTJ?

17. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
  18. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
  19. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Any idea if the Jaina/Sword of the Jedi is probably a cancellation or is it more up in the air as to when it really gets written?
    Same with the Luke Skywalker book?

I read only new HC and new PB (no comics etc)

20. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    No word whatsoever... I guess we'll just have to wait and see (although my personal opinion is that it has probably been cancelled...)

21. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Thanx for the heads up.

Just not a comic-fan (nothing personal)

SO I stick to Hardcover novel releases and and straight to paperback such as the med-star du-ology which I liked a lot.

Some HB's are stinkers Like the very first one "Truce at Bakura"…………….get me a drink.

My movie for the day you should all see the 3 colors Trilogy Film "Blue"-starring Juliette Binoche who was robbed of best actress/well, anyone 30 or older who has lost it all/or an awful lot unexpectedly

will relate so strongly with this film. Watch it alone, in the quiet and with nothing else on your mind.

Then listen to the Commentary and watch again.

22. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  23. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    I used to joke with my wife that I needed to quite my job so I could catch up on my Star Wars reading. I feel like the only bright side to this uncertainty is that I may finally do that. Just hope things get going again, and I don't run out.

24. GrandAdmiralSchmiggy

GrandAdmiralSchmiggy Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2002
    As a faithful EU reader since I first saw Heir to the Empire, at Waldenbooks when it released, this lack of new novel material is kind of pissing me off. The delays and lack of announcements makes me fear the worst that anything post-ROTJ is going to get the axe in the EU and only new stuff in the Disney timeline will make it out.

I just have this feeling that Crucible was the last of it we will see.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ed-standing update posting!