main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Literature Forum Reference: Rules, Index, Release Dates & weekly Marvel Comics shipping updates

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 4, 2008.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A lot of people time vacations for the weeks around Labor Day - it's the 'last hurrah' of summer there. It's like workplaces shutting down between Christmas and New Years here. The comic producers/printers will probably be a bit short-staffed, hence nothing scheduled.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nah, Marvel are publishing 18 comics for next week, there's just no SW books among them.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Oh well - that shoots my theory down then.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    I'd say (other than poor planning) it could also have to do with the large amount of content coming out two days later for Force Friday.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    True, there are times when Marvel can be very co-ordinated - rare, but it happens!

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Confirmed for 9 September
    • DARTH VADER #9 $3.99
    • JOURNEY STAR WARS FASE #1 $3.99
    [​IMG]

Tentative for 16 September
    • STAR WARS #9 $3.99
    • STAR WARS LANDO #4 $3.99

Taalcon, Pua and Gorefiend like this.
  7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Oh man. Novels last friday. Shattered Empire #1 tomorrow. Star Wars: Uprising game released on Thursday.

JTTFA is in full swing, people!

8. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015
    Uprising on Thursday? Has that just been announced? I'd not heard. Happy days though!

9. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I just saw that on the Star Wars twitter. Looks like Uprising is set for release on the 10th.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Confirmed for 16 September
    • STAR WARS #9 $3.99
    • STAR WARS LANDO #4 $3.99
    Tentative for 23 September
    • KANAN #6 $3.99
    • TRUE BELIEVERS PRINCESS LEIA #1 $1.00

spicer and Gorefiend like this.
  11. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
    What is a true believers title? It's it just a dollar price for the same issue, or are they doing something special?

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The former, they're doing it across the line on select titles as a promotion.

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    It seems that the release list is no longer being maintained at the top of this thread. Anyone know a good site for a run down of what has come out to date in 2015? I've been unable to keep up due to other priorities.

14. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    As a matter of fact I do: http://www.theymightbegeeks.com/star-wars-canon-comics-timeline-release-dates/
    I also just added all covers. Just click on the tab that says + Expanded (Covers)

Also, the search box works in real time and is ridiculously useful for narrowing down the comics you want to see. I'm still working on the reprints and variants page but all other pages are as up-to-date as possible.

15. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Confirmed for 23 September
    • KANAN #6 $3.99
    • TRUE BELIEVERS PRINCESS LEIA #1 $1.00
    Tentative for 30 September

Nothin'

Yeah, you read ... Nothing.

No new Star Wars comics expected. There is but one response:

[​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  17. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    But the good news is, the next week Oct. 7, we still have 4 releases scheduled! Sure that could change and I'm surprised it hasn't yet but that's probably because there's already 2-3 SW titles scheduled for the subsequent weeks until Dec.

18. mdietr1ch

mdietr1ch Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 23, 2014
    I've been looking forward to Oct. 7 for awhile now. I hope they actually release that many issues.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    As I'm away this weekend an earlier update:

30 September

Still nothin....

But....The week after....The Marvel Death Star will be targeting your bank accounts......

Tentative for 7 October 2015

Gorefiend likes this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm surprised to see the Vader TPB on your list, Amazon still lists Oct. 20 as the release date for that one. Then again, that's what "tentative" means, doesn't it? I guess we'll find out soon.

Way to plan your weekend away for when no comics are coming out, BTW.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
    Amazon generally gets TPBs after comic book stores. It won't be available in regular bookstores until the 20th either.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Correct, Diamond gets trades to comic shops with the aim of it being 1-2 weeks before the big online booksellers obtain them.

However, some other online sellers have better supply chains than Amazon and can get them at the same time, Book Deposiory, Wordery and SpeedyHen sometimes pull that off.

23. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Hrm. I was this close to pulling the trigger on all the comics to date on Comixology, but you just reminded me of the upcoming TPBs.

It looks like Marvel generally does release Kindle/Nook versions. Does anybody know whether there's likely to be a substantial delay between the print release and the electronic one?

And are the TPBs likely to include the content of the Director's Cut issues?

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Good Qs but I've no idea. Marvel's trade policy is notoriously erratic in terms of what is / isn't included.

You'd need someone who buys digitally to advise on your Q, one of the regulars around here likely knows the answer - or there's the Comics thread in Amphitheatre.

EDIT: Also, Diamond's tentative 7 October list matches to the one posted above.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Midtown Comics list for 7 October does indeed suggest that it is time for your bank accounts to be financially obliterated...