main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Sorry for any typos and the shortness of this post. I am on my phone.

1) My username comes from two things. The Lazy part come from the fact that I am an avid procrastinator in real life. Also so many people calk me Lazy I now take it almost as a compliment. The Stormtrooper part is half evolution of my previous main username (Legocloneguy22 was my old name) and half because I am a fan of the Empire.

2) I signed up for the forums right after I found them. I believe that my very first post was in a Ashoka thread on the TV forums. Before I came here I had only had been on two forums both connected to the MineCraft server I played on. I guess you could say that this is the first "real" forum I have been on.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 3. Where are you from? What are some of the best parts about where you live?

4. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    3) I am a military brat so I don't really claim anywhere as home. But I am planning to go to UT in Austin to get a degree in film. But really I guess RAB in Germany is what my heart considers home but sadly I will probably never be able to go back. :( All in all I am a Texas citizen so there is that.

Currently I live in Colorado and I guess it's okay. That all I got.

4) My favorite franchises other than SW are Halo, Star Trek, Marvel, Battlefield and the Hitchhiker's Guide series. My favorite depends on the day. But recently I have been working on a BF timeline and playing though the games so I guess that is my favorite right now. :p

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 5. Tell us how you become a Star Wars fan, and SW lit in particular.

6. If time travel were possible, what is the one period of time/year/specific event you would want to travel to most?

5. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I am happy to find another Star Trek fan on these forums. Jolan tru, good sir.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    5) It was 2005, ROTS was only a few weeks away and a marathon of all five released episode were on TV in release order. I only saw a few scenes and I hated it (mostly because I did not understand it).

Two years later I got Visions of the Future from a used book store. I had no clue what I was reading but I enjoyed it. Of course if I wasn't going through a sci-fi phase and gotten that book I would not be here today. Either one later my cousin, mom, aunt and I went to the mid-night release of The Clone Wars. After that I was hooked. I read Death Star and the Jedi Quest series and catched episodes of TCW when ever I could.

Slowly I built up my book collection (only about 11 novels left!) and became a canon/continuity freak. Then I ended up here.

6) I wouldn't. There is no time like the present. We live in a time were we are relatively safe from disease, hunger, and etc. (at least in the first world). Why would I want to go back to eras where racism, sexism, and other thing were even worse than they are today.

But for the purpose of the question I would go back to 1969. I could watch the first man on the moon, the Vietnam protests, the ending to the Civil Rights movement, and my parents being born. So that would be cool.

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 7. How would you rank the 6 Star Wars films?

8. Who are your top 10 or so favorite SW characters?

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There is great wisdom in your laziness, trooper.[face_thinking]

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He's hardly the only one.....

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OMG. Your parents were born in 1969?

Damn I feel old.

11. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Oh, I'm well aware of that. But you can never have too many Star Trek fans. Or bars of gold-pressed latinum.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    7)
    1-The Empire Strikes Back
    2-Revenge of the Sith
    3-A New Hope
    4-Return of the Jedi
    5-The Clone Wars
    6-Battle for Endor
    7-The Phantom Menace
    8-Attack of the Clones
    9-Cavern of Courage
    10-The Holiday Special

8)
    This one is hard. These are in no real order (Yoda, R2-D2, and Obi-Wan are my favorites).
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    R2-D2
    Boba Fett
    General Veers (too lazy to look up his first name ;))
    Echo
    Heavy
    Darth Vader
    Fives
    Able
    Luke Skywalker
    Jania Solo
    Allana Solo

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 9. What are your favorite non-SW TV shows/movies?

10. What are your favorite videogames, in and out of Star Wars?

14. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Cut up your Nerd Membership Card at once. [face_plain]

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Yes sir... :(

[​IMG]

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Don't feel too bad. Hell, I don't know the first names of nearly half of the inconsequential background characters in ANH.

17. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    I bet you don't even know that Cass's first name is Siward.

Shame on you.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Did someone just rate The Clone Wars movie before AotC?
    [​IMG]

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    TCW movie was terrible.

It was still better than AOTC.

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    Is overt offensiveness worse than utter irrelevancy? Interesting question.

Battle for Endor is indeed better than both. Sian Phillips messing with fools heads, Beetis Brimley with his wise counsel, and everyone from the awful Caravan of Courage DIES HORRIBLY. AT THE START. Except the dad, who's actually the principal from Breakfast Club all of a sudden. He dies, he's just not from Caravan of Courage.

22. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    My reasoning was that TCW was entirely forgettable, whereas AOTC was almost offensive in its ineptitude. I know I'll take bland and uninspired over an all-out attack on the senses.

23. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005

There's really only one ace up the AOTC sleeve: John Williams.

LFL, pls. Soundtrack-only BD options.

instantdeath likes this.
  24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    While that is true, I have to take into account that AOTC is by far William's least inspired soundtrack. Of course, that's not saying much, as he was very good throughout all six films.

But yes, for a Star Wars film especially, the music of TCW is incredibly forgettable. Just like the rest of the film.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Heck they didn't even use half the original music he composed in the final film!:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.