main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Follow-up Q: Primarily superheroes only or wider?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Probably primarily superheroes; it's what I know so I'd probably stick with it unless I could find something else based on my interests.

3. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Ok what's your favorite guilty pleasure cartoon of the 90's, for example...

JoinTheSchwarz and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Guilty pleasure cartoon of the 90's? Well, I'm not sure if it's the 90's but I enjoy reminiscing about my childhood where I loved to watch these two...

gizkaspice and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  5. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Favorite anime ? New and Old

Favorite SW vehicle ?

Favorite sci-fi series(aside of SW)?

Favorite western ?

Favorite video game console ?

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For a fun and different take on superheroes - try Powers by Bendis and Oeming, it's Bendis on top form and Oeming's art is great.

Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert is a fun tale too.

The problem with Marvel is it can be hard finding a good entry point.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah, I'd bet finding an entry point would be hard. I have played the video game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, and the 2099 and Noir Spider-Men looked to be fun.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just bear in mind comics are far more than merely superheroes!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Sure thing. :cool:

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would recommend: Usagi Yojimbo; Prophet; Ravine; Okko; Conan the Barbarian; Valérian and Laureline; Tintin; The Portent; Domovoi; Tom Strong; and Captain Britain and MI13

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's quite a list! Thanks.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Of course, bearing that in mind may well annihilate your bank account! [face_devil]

More seriously, there's never been a better time to explore comics, there's a wonderful array of top-notch material across genres.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    What bank account? I'm jobless right now! :p

Edit, missed this post:

Probably the original Gundam series for old, and...does Transformers: Energon count as anime? Or new? :p

The Ebon Hawk! No, seriously, probably a 74-Z speeder bike. Classic and awesome.

Probably Star Trek: TNG.

Does The Shakiest Gun in the West count? [face_laugh]

Xbox 360 (haven't tried Xbox One yet).

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Library, library, library

15. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    (reads the interviewee's locations and age) If you end up being my oldest nephew I'll spend a few hours picking up my head fragments. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, my uncles all live in Arizona, so... :p

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, it's time for our next subject, MasterSkywalker86! [face_party]

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

2. What made you sign up for the Jedi Council Forums? Do you post on any other forums?

kataja and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  18. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Thank you I'm honored. :)

Well you all know me and what I do for a living. I'm talking about posting for a living, Mr. Todd.

[​IMG]

And making elaborate shark doodles on blackboards.

.....well my user name is pretty much self explanatory. Sadly no mysterious backstory or origin of why I decided to take the name. I'm a fan of Luke(what a surprise!)and being a young teenager at the time, I couldn't think of anything original or particulary clever. Someone already had taken the name MasterSkywalker by the time I registered back in 2005. so I decided let me add the last two digits of my birth year. And then boom, a Lit member was born. If I had the opportunity to change my username and keep all my "accomplishments", I would have gone with Auditor Dredd or The Last Mariachi. The former name is due to my current job and my enjoyment of the Karl Urban movie, and the latter is due to the way it sounds. I heard of the latter name actually out of Silent Hill 4: The Room OST, and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

Good way to set the mood for a menu screen no less.

You can call me by my username or MS86 for short.

I ironically was looking for a website to keep up on things Luke and the EU. I had at the time just started to get into the EU proper, more on that later. I stumbled upon SOS and lurked for a few months before I decided on registering. It was great to see that a Lit forum was providing me more information and details of the Expanded Universe that I couldn't at the time get anywhere else. There are very few people I know in RL who read EU if at all and my friends only like the movies. Wookieepidia didn't exist at the time either, so I said what the heck sign me up. 2005 was a good year to be a fan of Star Wars. RotS was coming to theaters, NJO had wrapped up in 03 IIRC, so I was excited to see where The Joiner King would go(so naíve I was), and SW Battlefront 2 was out. I also graduated from high school too, so it was a good year all around. :)

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    MasterSkywalker86 3. Where are you from? What are some of the best parts about where you live?

4. Tell us about your job. Is being an auditor as exciting as it sounds? And is this your dream job? If not, what is?

MasterSkywalker86 and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Ok, those questions are going to required me to use a laptop as I have a few things to say about it. So I'll respond once I'm done with the daily grind.....of the laaaww.

[​IMG]

21. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    The new Marvel Now initiative has been pretty good about that since it's been a rolling...not event...not reboot...but a way of just being clear where the easy jumping on points are, and it's mostly been places where the creative teams are going to be around for a bit and where they've allowed stories in progress to run their course and then pick up the Marvel Now banner, so that's it's very clear where the jump-on point is.

This has proven about a billion times more effective than DC's New 52 mess which was line-wide and an absolute mess at first as no one, including the writers, seemed to know what the state of canon or continuity was to the point that in the eventual collections they had to change dialogue and narration to reflect the canon changes the editors made after the New 52 had launched; such as Tim Drake never having been a Robin...Barbara Gordon's time as Oracle being ignored...the way Grant Morrison was allowed to finish his story but had to suddenly ignore the fact that it was carried over from the old canon and ignore that Stephanie Brown and other characters no longer existed in the New 52 and since much of his story arc depended on Batman's history, suddenly truncating it hurt that epic tale a lot.

There's also a LOT of great stuff coming out of Image right now, and much of it is self contained.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't know about you Patch but I can't think of a more unfriendly term than New 52 - what's that going to mean to anyone?

Marvel has certainly done better signposting but, to a degree, I still think it'll always be quite unwieldy - however, skilled writers can make that work for them!

And yeah, Image is doing very good work, though, for myself, Stephenson blew a major hole in the brand with his ComicsPro speech, that did them quite a bit of damage.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    An Auditor? Surely not of reality? Surely not one of these:

[​IMG]

You have far too much personality!

24. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Jedi Ben, that's how we look after tax season. When we are the on job.... well here's my selfie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I live in the aforementioned New Jersey, it's actually not a bad place to live despite the less than thrilling publicity we get. The area varies depending on where on you are located, north is very suburban and city like. Further south is where the Jersey Shore and Atlantic city is located, much more beach like there. Even before it became the title of that terrible reality show, it’s always been one of the best places to visit in Jersey. There are quite a few beaches to choose from. usually Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights rank high because of the boardwalks.

[​IMG]

New Jersey is also known for Princeton University, Hoboken, and we have a Six Flags. :p

Also, I have to point out as a designated citizen of the state that these guys

[​IMG]

DO NOT represent the norm of our state. Considering most of them are from New York , oh irony.

Did I mention my state loves Dunkin Donuts ?

When I was five I first told my parents I dream to be an auditor...

[​IMG]

.....no really what 5 year old would say this ?

Exciting and Auditor should never be in the same sentence, it's pretty much the definition of an oxymoron. The only scenario I could think of where an auditor can actually be exciting is if there was an action film starring Liam Neeson in the titular role, and even then it's only Neeson making do with what he can.

[​IMG]

I got into the field after I graduated last year in January. I have a Bachelor's in Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and an Associate's in Art in Business Administration. I didn't look into auditing as my preferred choice into the accounting field but it was of one the few job offers I heard from after my semester was over. The job, despite the contrary, consists of testing what an accountant had already done in the previous year. The testing consists of the making sure that the financial internal controls are responding appropriately. There is also preparation of the financial statements, what this all means for me is a lot of data entry and calculations to do on my laptop.The job is pretty dry and gets dull at times but it's paying my bills at the moment. I'm currently studying for the CPA so I can get a better paying position and probably later down the line I'll go for my Master's. I don't know where I see myself in the next five years but for now I'm just concerned with paying the bills. My dream job was computer animation/video game design but it didn't pan out for me due to the less than stable nature of the field and the difficulty of getting a position.

How did I get into Accounting from Computer Animation ? Well in college I went through 3 majors with little correlation with each other. Computer Animation was the fantasy job after high school. I tried to go for computer programming but man that's another language for people who have a love for code. Someone recommended to me to go for accounting and the rest is history.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    MasterSkywalker86 My dad grew up in Jersey, so I'm pretty aware of what it's all really like. And nice ATHF shoutout.

5. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

6. What draws you to Star Wars, or, how did you become a fan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.