main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    WHAT?!?!

But that is like the ONE thing that I hope survives the Disney apocalypse :p

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    17. You've been to a Celebration before, if I recall. Which one was it? How did it go?

18. What's your favorite alcoholic drink?

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    17. You've been to a Celebration before, if I recall. Which one was it? How did it go?I was at C5 in Orlando. It was a blast! I have so many fun memories from the Celebration and I have to say one of my favorite parts was getting to meet a lot of people from the boards. I think as far as the actual Celebration I spent most of the time looking like a deer in the headlights. I had been to a convention before, Starfest in Denver, but Celebration was so much bigger and just a different beast altogether. I loved every minute of it but I can't wait to go to another one because I feel like I can get so much more out of it when I'm not just wandering around in awe of everything. I focused mostly on the EU parts of Star Wars because while I love the movies the EU is so much more for me. If you get a chance to go to one also make sure to go to the party put on by this forum as well. I spent the night sipping drinks with JJM and Jan and several other Lit people. I loved getting my copy of Starfighters of Adumar signed by Aaron Allston.

I also went to the Disney night where they had the Indiana Jones show redone to include Star Wars and some of the voice actors from the Clone Wars, Mark Hamil, and George Lucas came out to talk to the crowd. I hung out with some people from the RPF during that night. It is weird, I think some people are so secluded in their section of the boards that sometimes I feel torn by the fact that I know people from many parts of the boards and want to hang out with all of them but they don't know each other.
    The heat and trying to be in costume was miserable, but I decided to not use my boots and instead wore my 'space crocs' around while in my Corran Horn outfit so I was at least semi-comfortable. Damn movie only people tended to think I was an A-wing pilot but there was some recognition out there that was like a bat-signal for finding someone who knew the EU.

18. What's your favorite alcoholic drink?I have to pick just one? No. Thank goodness, ok I'll categorize.

Wine: Moscato/Muscat - the sweeter the better, but if I had to pick a few specific brands Robert Mondavi's Moscato D'oro and one called Hart's Desire's Muscat are some of my favs. My parents live only a few hours from Napa/Sonoma so I get to try a lot of different kinds. So anything with a high sugar content is probably what you'll find me drinking. A few years ago you couldn't find many sweet wines in the valley, but now they're everywhere. I like to think I started a trend. ;)

If I have to drink a red (and I dislike the dry wines) I've found that I classify most Pinot Noir's drinkable, giving a shout out to Mercury Wine's Pinot Noir as being the first red wine I drank and enjoyed. Brad does a good job and he has the cutest dog named Freddie that greats you when you visit.

Beer: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss is my favorite beer, however it is not carried by many places anymore outside of Wisconsin. I did manage to find some near DC the other day so I stocked up but it isn't the same as just going to the store on the corner and getting it like I used to be able to do. So I like fruit beers, shocking I know considering I said I liked sweet wines. If I can't get Berry Weiss, in the summer the Leinie's Summer Shandy is a good substitute. I also like Michelob Ultra's Catus Lime beer. I like Guinness beer as well because it has a chocolatey aftertaste to me but I can't drink it all the time because of the dryness.

Hard Alcohol: I have an obsession with peppermint flavored anything so I have a Peppermint Mocha Kahlua that I drink on the rocks. I like trying different drinks when I'm out at the bars but things in the cabinet include Amarula, Amaretto, Brandy and usually some type of Baileys. I also have a fondness for fruity drinks that don't taste like alcohol but can really mess you up if you drink a lot of them.

I kind of go through phases with what I like to drink and it depends on what part of the country I'm in.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Wait, you were dressed as Corran yourself? I'm not sure what that says, like, psychologically, but definitely something.

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Complete with space crocs! I have an almost complete Mirax outfit too, so eventually the goal is to find a guy that fits into my Corran costume :p
    [​IMG]

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, if Grand Moff Tarkin can wear fuzzy bunny slippers (G-canon!) then I guess Corran can wear space crocs :p

TMI dude

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Something tells me those shoes weren't issued with the rest of the flight suit, pilot.

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I demand to see a source.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I see you have never been to Zeltros flight academy

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

11. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  12. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    19. What are your favorite authors in and out of Star Wars?

20. And for our last question, the all important one. FMK, Corran, Cade, or Wedge?

13. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    19. What are your favorite authors in and out of Star Wars?
    This is another tough one for me because I read so much. The best thing my brother ever did was buy me a kindle. At the time I was kinda old school with my thoughts and wanting a physical copy of the book and the smell of a new book but with how much I move around it has been an awesome investment for me. I'm going to put these in categories too.

Star Wars:
    Michael Stackpole - BRING BACK STACKPOLE! Not only did he create my favorite character, Corran[face_love] but he is responsible for getting me hooked on Star Wars EU.
    Aaron Allston - I love to laugh and no one can make me laugh (purposefully) like he can with his characters and sense of humor.
    JJM/John/Jan - I'll classify them together. They're continuously producing the best Star Wars stories.
    Tim Lebbon - if he writes more in the DotJ timeline he might move up my favorite authors list.
    Troy Denning - I love him as a person but I'm iffy on liking some of his books.

Werewolf/Vampire Fantasy:
    Jim Butcher, Carrie Vaughn, Laurell K Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, Charlene Harris all write similar styles of stories with compelling characters and a smattering of romance mixed in.

Fantasy:
    Eventually I figured out that if I didn't want to read really descriptive sex scenes in my fantasy books that I needed to look at Young Adult books. My mom, when she was a 6th grade teacher, also had to read a lot of these books so I also did so she could have someone to talk to about them. The stories are phenomenal and good for when I don't feel like reading the romance aspect that appears so often in the werewolf/vampire fantasy category.
    J.K. Rowling - her Harry Potter series is one of my favorites. I did not read her other book.
    Tamora Pierce - She's written twenty-some books now in the same realm which is incredible to me. She's also hilarious as a person so if you're ever at a con and she's speaking check her out.
    Rick Riordan - The movie does not do his story justice but I'm hopeful for the second one. Really good use of Greek and Roman mythology combined with an epic adventure.

Military Fiction:
    Vince Flynn - Again I think my mom got me hooked on his books, but I found I really liked these types of stories so I've since branched out into other authors as well. His series that centers around Mitch Rapp is very well done (not always realistic...) but an excellent storyteller. I was incredibly saddened by his death a week ago and even though I never met him I still get teary eyed writing about him.
    Brad Thor - very similar to Vince Flynn's style a loveable character in Scot Harvath. I hope to see movies about his books at some point and that they get it right and don't hollywoodize things too much.

I grew up reading Bonnie Bryant's Saddle Club series and Johanna Campbell's Thoroughbred series.

20. And for our last question, the all important one. FMK, Corran, Cade, or Wedge?

FOURSOME![face_dancing]

I hate you.

:(

Seriously.

Hate you.

Hate.

You.

F - Cade :*
    M - Corran [face_love]
    K - Wedge =((

Point Given likes this.
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Pffft. Like anyone can kill Wedge Antilles.

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Even if one were to kill Wedge, he'd simply take a new form and rise again. So it has always been.

Of course, one has to wonder how Wedge got himself killed in between the briefing room scene and the Battle of Yavin.

CooperTFN and Gorefiend like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

So he is a Timelord? [face_thinking]

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Somebody probably told her that he hops on one transparisteel leg.

18. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    And that's the end of the interview! The floor is now open for anyone to ask Sey questions. In a day or so we'll continue with instantdeath!

19. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Since you've read Charlaine Harris' novels, what did you think of her ending for the Sookie books?

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Since you've read Charlaine Harris' novels, what did you think of her ending for the Sookie books?
    I'm going to put this under a spoiler tag since the book only came out in May and I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to read it yet.

I loved it, personally! I have always had a difficult time accepting Eric as Sookie's love interest. I would have preferred Bill over Sam, but I admitted defeat long ago on her ever ending up with Bill so Sam was the next best option. Eric is largely popular because of the actor that portrays him on the tv series True Blood, but anyone who read the books can't possibly accept him as a viable end all for Sookie. He has always been a power hungry, conniving, jerk in the books and Sookie was blinded to it because of the blood blond he tricked her into doing. It was a relief to see some of that turned over in the last book and to have Sookie hear some of the truth of why Bill treated her the way he did at certain times and wasn't allowed to tell her things because Eric was his Sheriff and had to do what Eric said. Essentially at the end Sookie is by herself, but the implications of her ending up with Sam are certainly there and anyone reading the books could see that there was always something there with Sam. I commend her for having the nice guy win for once.

21. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    uh oh. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.

JK:p

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    There's already an ending to those books? Does that mean I don't have to endure the existence of True Blood for much longer?

23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    If only.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Which nonhuman species is your favourite or you want to see more of?

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    What does it say about the status of female leads in genre fiction that your (positive) summation of the end of the Sookie series dealt entirely with which man she ended up with?

Feel free to put your answer in the form of an op-ed.

cthugha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.