main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Palpatine gets to be the coaster.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The NJO is a train...

/obligatory

RC-1991 likes this.
  3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I feel so cool for understanding that.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You weren't there, man--you can't really understand it if you didn't experience it for yourself. :p

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I wasn't there either, but I did go back to the threads made around the time SBS came out and afterward. Suffice to say it was really interesting to read the reactions back then.

6. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I myself read some of the early reactions to TUF. It was actually really fun, watching the melodramatic people talking about how Star Wars was forever dead for them... then TUF hit, and the good cheer was so infectious I could practically feel it years later.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Until they started making the post-NJO novels, anyway.

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The funny thing is, I do remember a lot of people liking TUF so much that there was an undercurrent of "stop here!!"

9. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    From what I read, there were definitely people who wanted TUF to be the "ending", but there were also lots of people who were really excited at the possibilities the book opened up, and actually thought that the status quo it set up would be built upon.

Jokes on them.

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I might as well have experienced the NJO as it happened, even though I only read it years after it came out, because I wasn't spoiled on anything from it. I got an ominous "stop here" feeling after I finished TUF and had only saw the name of DNT.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In many ways Legacy comics would be even more entertaining if none of the post-NJO books existed.

TheRedBlade, Zeta1127 and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, it's time for our next interview subject, GrandAdmiralJello! (And if he or one of the other lit mods could change the thread title, that'd be much appreciated ;) )

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

2. Where are you originally from? Are you currently living there, or did you move elsewhere?

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    trip didn't even get a chance to answer her questions! :p

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Her questions. ;)

Heeere we go.

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    If I know Jay, he has been waiting and preparing for this day. Suffice to say, I expect an entertaining interview, to say the least. :p

--Adm. Nick

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the Roman way to advance and conquer right when your enemy's power is fading. [face_devil]

Plus, I'm fairly certain that Trip is nocturnal. Or something more mundane like she works during the day.

17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I was jazzed all day at work, and no response yet? Disappointing.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He'll be fashionably late, no one turns up on time for plebians! :p:D

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I, for one, expect punctuality from our undisputed overlord.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Overlords have no need to be on time!

21. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    yes i'm like a fruit bat basically

oh yeah and that too

22. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait, you mean you're not named after this guy?

[​IMG]

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Ordo Skirata nope!

Man this is really tough because this is one of those things where I love pretty much everyone in different ways (except for Dany who is basically the worst). If I had to pick my absolute favorites though, I'd say (in no particular order) Arya, Jon, Jaime, Ned and Catelyn. Especially Catelyn, since the first four are typical fan-favorites but Cat doesn't get any love even though she is imo one of the best female characters like ever. I just love her to bits.

Close second-tier favorites are Tyrion, Brienne, Sansa, and Davos; Tywin I also find fascinating (and I'd give anything for a prequel series with him as a major POV character) and Cersei I have a soft spot for even though she's kind of a doofus, bless her soul. Some minor/very minor characters I appreciate a lot are Renly, Fat Walda, Dacey Mormont (:( @};-), Dolorous Edd, Satin, and Kevan, Genna, and Daven Lannister. (hm I guess I like Lannisters!) And then of course I am fascinated with Rhaegar, Lyanna, Elia Martell, and Ashara and Arthur Dayne, even though we never meet any of them and they are all (supposedly) long dead.

(workin on the second one which is gonna get a super long answer... :D )

krtmd likes this.
  25. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Actually I'll answer this one first because I'll be working on #25 for awhile probably...

Han is a battered leather La-Z-Boy recliner, kinda scuffed up and with maybe a few minor tears revealing bits of the stuffing within; it wheezes a bit and emits a puff of dust when you sit on it but it's comfy all the same. Leia is a high-end rolling executive office chair, all ergonomic and comfortable with a smart-looking modern design but it maybe doesn't roll so well on carpeting and is a bit creaky and tends to hang up every so often when spinning around. Lando is a velour-upholstered zebra-print swayback lounge chair; Chebacca's a retro seventies shag chair; Artoo is one of those rocking video game chairs that has like built in speakers and a massager and a drink cooler and usb chargers and a universal remote. And finally Threepio is the ornate secondhand coffee table that's still impressive looking but has obviously seen better days, and although it's supposed to be used for like drinks and coffee table books and stuff mostly everyone just puts their feet on it. Usually without removing their boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.