main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not to sure how to read this - you being your usual snarky self Coop?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yes sir please don't blow up my planet

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What I remember is carrying Jello's bags like a manservant! :p

(He didn't even tip. :()

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Not English people, Uli. Just you.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I WAS BEING OPTIMISTIC.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Who dares insult the United Kingdom? They must face me and my fleets, as I am an ardent supporter of the Special Relationship! [face_flag]

Sorry Brits, I am still waiting for a Union Jack emoticon to pair with my Stars & Stripes. :p

--Adm. Nick

TheRedBlade likes this.
  7. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    Don't worry, I brought one for you. [​IMG]

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, just because you decided to be a doormat....

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    You can't really blame Uli. It is said even the most independently minded proletariat crumbles under the gaze of Jello. One moment you're plotting rebellion, the next you're asking to take his coat.

Ulicus likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You forgot "with benefits". [face_batting]

jSarek and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yahtzee's review of Killzone 2 was hilarious.

"Why do all the Nazis in video games have British accents? We FOUGHT the Nazis."

His review gets horrified when he finds out the grunt Nazis have Cockney accents.

"Cockney isn't evil! Who hears Dick Van Dyke and thinks evil!"

Zeta1127 likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I tried to think of a good example for the last couple of days, and I haven't had much luck. It's the case of one of those "if you want to find something, you won't" as I'm sure it'll come to me as soon as I'm trying to think about something else. So I'll just go with one of the first things to come to mind, and it's actually relevant and topical I guess. I made a JCC thread on it once, let me see if I can find it so I don't have to retype anything...

Aha, here it is. It's a seven year old thread, so you must excuse the rather juvenile diction. Context: I'm working at Disneyland at the time: 'So some girls bought lightsabers from my store...'

Okay, so I'm at the Star Trader ringing up some stuff. I'm supposed to be in Space Image, but the store had a few n00bs working there and only the Star Wars part was open, so they wanted me in there too.

Anyway, this group of five good-looking girls walk up to the counter to purchase stuff. I got the impression that they were just casual shoppers and not fans--not to say that nerds don't look good, but I've already been asked about this so I thought I'd elaborate. I must guiltily confess that I do my best guest servicing and conversations with young ladies, but :p

Among their purchased loot are three lightsabers that have lights, battle sounds, and they hum and vibrate with collisions. While I'm counting out change for them, they're talking amongst themselves. General conversational stuff that people would have at D-land, and some silly stuff, like how one of them was excited about the sabers and wanted to run around New York City with 'em. Then the cutest one of them (incidentally) says that if they're ever bored at night, they could play with the vibrate feature.

At this point, my head shoots up--but I just as quicky assume an emotionless mask as hold the change in my hands. Even with my considerable skill at that, I have to fight to keep from laughing. The girl rhetorically asks me if I heard, and she can obviously tell from the way I have absolutely no reaction at all. So she has this utterly stricken look for a while, and then flushes the brightest red I've ever seen and covers her face. Her other friends are ROARING with laughter. It's the loudest laughter I've ever heard, and the entire store turns to us as they hear the laughter. The guests in line behind them are especially perplexed, as they haven't heard what she said.

The laughter continues for many minutes as they struggle to control themselves, while they assure me that their friend is absolutely crazy and doesn't know what she's talking about. The embarassed girl is still red and covering her face, while apologizing profusely to me between laughs. I finally manage to hand her the change and read it out to her as pleasantly as possible, while she barely manages to grab the 7.07 while she quakes with laughter. They do happily wave me good bye as they get themselves under control and walk out, telling each other that it was the worst possible thing to say to a guy cashier--but in a happy way. Then, unable to resist any longer, I call out "be careful with those things."

They erupt in even louder laughter than before, confusing every single person in sight and especially befuddling my manager, who's just walked in. They wave as they make their escape, but you could hear their laughter for a while more as they walk out.

The next guest in line comes up with their bunch of items, all the while looking like they're trying to figure out what sort of bizarre scene just worked out. Everyone heard me call out, but assumed I was saying something innocent like telling them not to bash each other in the eye with them.

The best part about all this--besides that totally stricken look of horror and the first spontaneous burst of laughter--is that my manager commended me on my 'exceptional guest service' because those girls were obviously having a ton of fun.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's pretty damn funny. XD

And that's the end of the interview! Give a hand for GrandAdmiralJello. =D= We'll continue in a day or so with Skywalker8921.

In the meantime, the floor is now open for anyone else to ask Jello any questions.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    SkywalkerNumbers is next? Cool -- looking forward to that one.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What is your favorite non-human species?

Who is your favorite Holy Roman emperor?

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Just finished all of the current interviews. AMAZING stuff, guys. Kudos!.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    XXIII. argh! tough question...

I like dolphins, peregrine falcons, and puppies. General requirements: must be cute, majestic, and or both. Hard to settle on just three.

XXIV. Chuck Five.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    :D

What do you love about your favorite 5 imperial characters?

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I. His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor -- do I need to explain this one? Patron of the arts, connoisseur of fine food, horticultural appreciation, creator and appreciator of vast monumental architecture -- a galactic wonder, in fact! , etc? Quite literally the greatest being the galaxy has ever seen.

II. Her Imperial Highness, the Princess Ederlathh Pallopides -- in my fanscrawls, I like to call her "Edi" -- but I tend to use her full name in Lit so as not to make people think I'm talking about Mass Effect or something. We know almost nothing about her except her age and her relation to the Emperor. I like to imagine her as a quiet, dutiful child -- devoted to her great-uncle the Galactic Emperor, and distressed at the cruel hatreds of a galaxy. We know next to nothing about what happened to her: it's the greatest story never told by the EU. Was she raised to the throne by an exiled court faction on Orinda? Did she seek refuge and asylum on her ancestral homeworld of Naboo? Did she try to reintegrate into a galaxy that rejected her, that ostracized her because of her name? Admittedly I am drawing from historical precedents -- Matilde Bonaparte for the ardent devotion to the dead emperor and Archduke Otto von Habsburg / Empress Zita of Parma for the whole exiled royalty thing (with a bit here and there from the stories of the last Ottomans. the last Palaiologoi, and the family of the last Shah of Iran). Oh look, shameless fanfic link!

III. His Grace, the Lord Darth Vader -- the Emperor's most cherished servant. The bond between the Emperor and his favored son was almost unbreakable. The two of them together are just so adorable, it makes me want to squee like some sort of fangirl.

IV. His Excellency, Lord Ars Dangor -- the Emperor's most loyal subject. The ruler of the legitimate Empire throughout most of its post-Endor existence, and the one who picked up the pieces after both Pestage and Isard ruined things. He ran the Empire day to day for the bulk of its existence, except for the last few years of the Galactic Civil War -- and we all know how that turned out.

V. Osvald Teshik/Teren Rogriss/Generationals and/or Core World Imperials of the Old School -- probably the type I most associate and identify with of all the disparate groups in the Empire, of which there are many (and I particularly despise the fascistic COMPNOR thugs and dictatorship types... you know, the only type that is represented in the Imperial Remnant -- for another historical example, consider what von Hidenberg thought of Hitler and his band of crazies (who thought Hindenberg was a reactionary and crypto-monarchist... which he was!)).

Ulicus likes this.
  20. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Jello, Princess Ederlathh Pallopides, IMHO, was one of the best, ambiguous, continuity-teases, that came out of the Dark Empire Sourcebook from WEG.

Kudos, my friend.

She deserves development!

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Wait, Dangor's only number four??

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Ars Dangor lost some coolness points, it seems, due to the discovery he DIDN'T smack down all those upstarts like Thrawn as the petulant children they were.

23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Look, I think the below image best explains Jello. No offence my friend, however, it is an accurate depiction:

[​IMG]

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's ordered in terms of rank -- and though Dangor could and probably did issue orders to Vader in the Emperor's name, I think Vader overall had more independent clout.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Grand Admiral Jello is Grand Moff Tarkin!?

Though I suppose we shouldn't too harsh on him. His niece DID defect to the Rebellion, after all.

A pity Jello never met Rivoche Tarkin. He'd like her.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rivoche_Tarkin

She brought a little class to the Alliance.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.