main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's a question. Short answer: I live in Arkansas. Long answer: I was born in Arizona and later moved to Kansas. I lived two different locations in Kansas, one in the Mideast part of the state and one in the southwest. We moved here to Arkansas back in November 2013. As far as the best part about it, the two places we lived in KS were rinky-dink towns with one not even having a Dollar General to its name. Moving here, to a larger city, we now have Wal-Marts, Targets, Chick-Fil-A's, etc. We only live two hours from Branson, Missouri, so that's awesome.

Super excited. The moment I read it was on the SWTOR forums and I was like yeah, right, because half the time the posts on there were "LOL gotcha" posts. So I just rolled my eyes and carried on. A few minutes later I opened up Rebelscum.com and saw the same thing there. That's when I realized this is actually happening. I initially hoped for an exact continuation of the EU, but after that, I kind of realized the EU was going out the window and, even though it disappointed me, I'm okay with it. Mostly because I've never seen a Star Wars movie on the big screen, and it's finally happening! :D

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    No way you were actually happy about the purchase ? I thought I was the only one :p

ChildOfWinds and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 5. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

6. If you could meet any three people involved in SW ( authors, actors, artists etc), dead or alive, who would you like to meet and why?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Lord of the Rings, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Chronicles of Narnia, and Halo. Out of these, Lord of the Rings is the one I'm most passionate about followed closely by the MCU. Part of the reason I love Revan so much is that sans his mask, he's somewhat reminiscent of a Ringwraith–black hood, sword, etc. As far as the MCU, I think I love it so much because it's what the child in me was looking for in a superhero movie. Before seeing Iron Man, the last superhero movie I watched was Batman Begins and that was too grimdark for me (though I loved Liam Neeson as Rhas Al Ghul). Captain America: The First Avenger was even better than IM, and Thor blew me away. Not to mention Avengers.

I think I'd meet Aaron Allston first and foremost, to tell him how much I loved his work. Just once, I wish I could've met him. I'd also like to meet Dave Filoni because he seems like a great guy who genuinely does love Star Wars, despite what so many seem to think. As for the third, many would probably say George Lucas, but I don't simply because I don't agree with so many of the decisions he's made and I'd probably just wind up arguing with him. Don't get me wrong, the man has had some awesome visions, and I'm super grateful to him for bringing us Star Wars in the first place...but the "No" in ROTJ is just...ugh. So, the third one would be, without a doubt, Mark Hamill. He's karking Luke Skywalker! It would just be so amazing to actually get to talk to him. But I'd probably just stand there awkwardly, not sure what to say.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 7. What places have you traveled too? Any favorite locations?

8. Who are your top 10 or so favorite SW characters?

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    The aforementioned Branson, MO...Disneyland...North Carolina...Indiana...I think Disneyland and Silver Dollar City in Branson are probably the favorites.

Ah, this question. This fluctuates from day to day, and I don't have them ordered specifically, so in no specific order: Luke Skywalker, Revan, Jacen Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jango Fett, Ben Skywalker, Tahiri Veila, Kyle Katarn, Wedge Antilles, and Yoda. That's not including countless lesser-known or even relatively well-known EU characters.

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 9. What is your opinion of The Clone Wars TV show? How do you feel now that it's finally over?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    For the most part I found it extremely enjoyable. First half of Season 3 was incredibly boring, and there were continuity errors, yes (Even Piell's death and Barriss' turning annoyed me most of all), but in the end I think it gave back way more than it took. The Mandalore thing initially drove me insane but a few nicely-placed retcons in TEA and TEGTW were sufficient to get that back on track, and those retcons ended up giving us some of the best episodes of the show, the Mauldalore arc. I loved Bo-Katan in those episodes; to me, she was the best representative of an actual Mandalorian we ended up getting. Now that it's over? Well, I was initially disappointed, and I was glad to get Season 6 on Netflix. But I'm glad it's over because what they had planned (reviving Echo, for example) didn't look quite as good as what had come before. Plus, it leaves room for more animated shows (Rebels, and hopefully more after that ends), and I think even though I'll miss it, it's time to tie a nice little bow on the pre-ROTS era and move on to the OT era a bit more.

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 10. Based on the promotional material what are your thoughts on Rebels?

11. How would you rank the 6 Star Wars films?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm very much looking forward to it. A rogue Jedi, a Mandalorian, a Lasat, a grumpy droid, a Force-sensitive kid, and a Twi'lek pilot? This is going to be such an awesome show. With Weisman and Filoni working together at the head, I think this is going to be easily just as good as TCW. Maybe better. A lot of people have complained that the animation looks too Tangled/Frozen-esque, and I can definitely see the similarities, but I don't see that as a bad thing. We'll see how it turns out though.

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. ANH
    4. ROTS
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

I wish I could place AOTC higher because it is the epitome of my childhood SW nostalgia; I watched it at least once a week when I was eight years old, probably closer to three or four. But for the bad dialogue, the romance...can't be forgiven. At eight I could overlook it because I just loved the action and the simple plot and the humor. But now it's just...ugh. The Kamino and Geonosis scenes are pretty much the only watchable parts of that movie for me anymore (though I gotta admit I love that the beginning argument between Anakin and Obi-Wan is so awkward that even Jar-Jar looked uncomfortable).

11. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    You are my hero for liking them in that order :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I know most people like ESB better than ROTJ, and ESB truly is probably a better put-together movie, but nothing can beat ROTJ for me. Jedi Luke, redeemed Vader, Battle of Endor, Throne Room Duel score, the three Force ghosts...I just can't fully express how much I like it, but green is my favorite color so Luke's lightsaber being green certainly cinched it, and combine that with the fact that I love black clothing, and, well... :cool:

MasterSkywalker86 and Iron_lord like this.
  13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, right, and Slave Leia. :p

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The keystone to Return of the Jedi:

MasterSkywalker86 and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, that was the one thing I disliked about that movie. Couldn't stand that thing even as an eight-year-old. Something about that laugh just...grates on my nerves.

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 12. What are your favorite non-SW TV shows/movies?

13. What are your favorite SW video games? What are your thoughts on the future of SW games under EA?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    NCIS, NCIS: LA, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Psych, and White Collar for TV shows. For movies, the aforementioned LOTR/Narnia/MCU, and then probably Frozen and the Despicable Me duo.

KOTOR 2, SWTOR, and Republic Commando. I'm not too sure about the future of SW games; everyone says EA is the worst company ever but I've honestly never developed an opinion on them. But I remain hopeful, very hopeful, because we're finally getting a new Battlefront game, even if it's a year or so off yet. I am upset about the loss of 1313, though.

spicer and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 14. What are your favorite novels, books, and short stories, both in and out of SW?

15. What are your favorite comics and graphic novels, both in and out of SW?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    In SW, the classics: Heir to the Empire, Shadows of Mindor, Solo Command, and Dark Rendezvous, plus Kenobi and Traitor. Outside SW, The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy, plus a nice little duology called Isle of Fire and Isle of Swords. I highly recommend those last two to pirate aficionados, BTW. Read them now.

I'm not much of a comics person, but KOTOR and Dark Times. I have not read many comics outside of Star Wars so I'm not really qualified to say on that count, but I did enjoy Transformers: Reign of Starscream.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Revanfan1 16. What changes, if any, would you make to the post-ROTJ EU?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Erase post-NJO stuff. Keep Mirta, keep Ben, trash the rest. Jacen gets to be the hero, Jaina's already engaged to Jag by the equivalent time of DNT, Jacen ends up marrying Tenel Ka. He never turns to the dark side. He still trains Ben, I like that idea. Lomi full name Plo can still be the villain if they stop calling her Lomi full name Plo. But ditch the Killik stuff. Nothing wrong with her just being a Dark Jedi. Mara never dies, at least not at Jacen's hands. Stuff like that.

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Lately I've become a Danni Quee shipper apparently.
    [​IMG]

Most people don't marry their teenage crush. Granted I suppose Danni Quee would fit the bill too, but I never got the Tenel Ka and Jacen romance considering that they're completely different people than they were in YJK.

JoinTheSchwarz and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Fair enough. I think Danni was specifically tailored to fit Jacen's personality in NJO, whereas he and Tenel Ka are sort of opposites–fiery vs. cool-headed, etc. I guess I could see a Danni/Jacen pairing, and in fact thinking about it now it sounds good to me. But I've always preferred TK/J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.