main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Which article(s) of clothing from the GFFA would you most like to have in your own closet?

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Ironically and perhaps a bit too predictable on my part but I really dig the jedi attire/robes, particularly Luke's. I like the traditional one Obi wan wears in AotC and Anakin's in RotS. Luke's is different yet follows the tradition of his predecessors. I hope in the ST he has one similar to PT era but with his RotJ trademark design, like it being black, the simple boots, collar black shirt, black pants, and utility belt. Hopefully he'll have more than one ;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  4. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Revanfan1

Too many choices....for just one *lets out Xavier scream*

;)

I'm conflicted as most of the good depictions of the character have one focus of Luke that's dead on but the other areas aren't up to par. For instance I like Dark Empire and I love what Luke can do in the story, Force crushes an AT-AT, makes droids explode, telekinetically lowers a crashing Star Destroyer safely, and defeats Sidious in a duel. But for the most part we have Luke lingering with his trial playing double agent with the DS. So we don't get as many light moments with the character, he's constantly pretending to be a Benedict Arnold.

With Zahn depictions Luke has either to hold back much of his power or his Force use is minimal but we get to see other traits of his ability. His resourcefulness and other skills. Yet I feel there is a way to balance that.

I think the most balance/best approach that captures Luke's power, skills, and characterization is Mindor first and then TUF second. When I think of Mindor, that's how I envisioned Luke out of Jedi. That's the guy who stood up to evil and refused it's gifts. And TUF is his natural progression to being A Jedi Master that ideally leads the Order, philosophizes about the nature of the Force, and takes names.

Would probably have like the BFC portrayal too, as I like the idea of too much power could be a burden. Although he kind of becomes a little strange with the jedi hobo thing :p

Revanfan1 and Kylun like this.
  5. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    MasterSkywalker86
    1. Favorite Macho man slim jim commercial?
    2. favorite 90's arcade beat em up?
    3. ever been attacked by a gorilla?
    4. Favorite Ahnold movie?
    5. Paper or Plastic?

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I wish I had those questions.

7. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005

And oh yeah I like the fact that Randy Savage played Space Ghost's granddad. ;)

....that's a hard one.

I like the TMNT arcade which was similar to the Turtles in Time for consoles.
    Also the X-men and Simpsons versions were fun, I think Konami was making as many as they could.

[​IMG]

But I also enjoyed D&D: Shadows over Mystara, mage is OP.

[​IMG]

*looks around* Not yet.

[​IMG]

Uh....another tough one. It's like a battle between Predator, Total Recall, Twins, True Lies, Kindergarten Cop, Running Man,Commando, Last Action Hero,& Conan. He punches a camel in that one, I mean c'mon.
    I probably would give it a tie to Kindergarten Cop & Predator but that's my gut reaction.

It would be easier if I singled out my least favorite films of him.

Which would be....
    Collateral Damage
    The Eraser
    End of Days

Guilty Pleasures:

Batman & Robin( its the superhero comedy of forever)

Oh and this is for lolz

Yes

8. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    You had your chance. :p
    It's like he knows me.

9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Turtles in Time on the SNES was the same as the arcade version -- the Genesis game was a different game. But picking a favorite beat 'em up is hard. My initial thought was either The Simpsons Arcade Game or Turtles in Time, but I'm also fond of the predecessor that was ported to the NES. I've got the D&D ones on Steam.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Best dressed In SW?

11. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Ok so yeah it was definitely Turtles in Time, i have the D&D duo-logy on my PS3. Fun stuff, we need more Co-op beatem ups.

[​IMG]

Padme literally has a dress for every occasion, including "so my husband is a horrible person and I should talk to him about it" outfit. So props to Mrs. Skywalker.

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species in SW?

13. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Twi-leks, I fancy the female's look. ;)

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, it's time for our next subject, Gorefiend! [face_party]

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

2. What made you sign up for the Jedi Council Forums? Do you post on any other forums?

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    1. I used to be a really big Warcraft fan and I took the name from one of the orcish Death Knight Heros in Warcraft 2. As for the best way to address me, just go with Gore, like most on the board do.

2. I always been a pretty big SW fan and so joining the Jedi Council Forums made sense, especially since many of the authors also frequent them. I used to be active in various forums, but these days it is basically just this one and a few related to my occupation.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Gorefiend 3. Where are you from? What are some of the best parts about where you live?

4. What was your reaction to the announcement of Disney's purchase of Star Wars, and what are your hopes for the ST?

5. What do you do for a living? Is it your ideal profession, and if not what is?

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Short Answer: Coventry
    Long Answer: I was born in Gibraltar, then for various years raised in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria, before moving back to England.
    Pleasant weather, nice people, not to crowded, yet not too small. :)

I am still rather unsure if Disney will really do anything with it that will prove all that interesting or just retread old stuff under a new name. My main hope for the ST still is that someone reins in JJA from making it such a mess as his other movies.

I’m an Accountant for the City.

Pretty happy with it as it is, pay is good, work is steady, plus they let as work on way more than just crunching the numbers, so not to boring. ;)

Iron_lord and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Gorefiend 6. How would you rank the 6 Star Wars films?

7. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Also Coventry has comic shops! How G forgot that little bit of info, I don't know. ;)

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Honestly... I never took you as the accountant type. First an auditor, now an accountant. My mental image of you guys is quashed!

(...but you're a Hutt accountant, right? Please tell me I'm not that far off the mark?)

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Working with numbers all day long isn't so bad :)

Speaking of numbers, and if I may interject with a question of my own, if you could change one number or technical aspect of the Star Wars universe what would that be, or would you leave everything as it is?

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    TMP
    ROTS
    AOTC

I have dappled here and there over the years, but nothing that has really stuck around or that I have even remotely been as passionate about as SW.

Oh it does indeed, but since I used to life in London, it does not quite compare. :p

Close enough. :p

For me either Aurodium needs to go, or make more sense. :)

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Gorefiend 8. What places have you traveled too? Any favorite locations?

9. What are some of your favorite foods? Any favorite alcoholic beverages?

24. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I have been to Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Gibraltar, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Lichtenstein, Austria, Cuba, Germany, the Netherlands and the USA.

Vaduz has to be my favorite capital city ever. :p Though Gibraltar also has a very special vibe.

Love Mexican, Indian and Italian food, though favorite food is hard to say, as it depends what I am in the mood for.

Nothing beats a good Gin Tonic.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Gorefiend 10. What are your favorite non-SW TV shows/movies?

11. What are your favorite novels, books, and short stories, both in and out of SW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.