main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    I've enjoyed reading some of these interview things. Nice way for a noob such as myself to learn more about the other users here.

As for my question, who's your favorite Gand character?

Findswoman likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Oh, do I really have to choose just one? :p Well, Zuckuss certainly occupies a special place in my heart by virtue of being the first I got to know (and, indeed, the first in SW), but I found Ooryl and Yuun very likable too, and I liked the way both those characters introduced important new lore about their species. Really, I'm just glad to see any representatives of the species in the GFFA, since they only appear so rarely.

Barriss_Coffee and Rogue Five like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider best dressed in SW?

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    My dear fellow, you asked me the same thing in my other recent interview thread. :p The answer is, of course... Gamiel! ;)

Just kidding. I'm fond of the Renaissance look of Naboo garb, and not just that of Padmé and her handmaidens, though they have some lovely outfits of course. Though as far as clothes I might actually wear, Leia's award ceremony dress (and necklace) and red Bespin outfit would be much more practical (the latter I could even wear to work).

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-gand species and why?

Favourite SW culture?

6. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Maybe the Rodians, since the friend who first introduced me to fan fiction is a big Rodian enthusiast, and I learned a lot about them from reading his stores (plus the "Rodian drama" thing is rather cool to an artsy type like me). I find the Tusken Raiders pretty fascinating too (see my answer to your second question below).

Also non-Gand, I'm assuming. Well, I do like the reverence for beauty, symmetry, and order in Naboo society, and their custom of showing their true feelings in the colors and styles of their clothing is very interesting (a notable example being Padmé's "fireside" gown). When I first read about the Tusken Raiders back in... oh, whatever richly illustrated reference work it was, I thought their culture was very interesting, too—especially their being masked and bandaged all the way from birth, and the distinction of the sexes only in tribal records (and the problems that sometimes caused when things were misrecorded).

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What's your favorite track out of all the Star Wars film scores, both of the iconic and the obscure?

8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Well, the Imperial March is definitely up there—bracing, rousing, and dark all at the same time. I would love to find an organ arrangement of it sometime. On the more obscure end, perhaps due to my real-life interest in early music, I always rather liked "Jabba's Baroque Recital"—the little Boccherini-esque number played by Max Rebo and co. in Jabba's Palace.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Depends on the day, I guess? :p

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Actually, it's "a circle has no beginning" ;)

What's your favorite battle, either from the films or the EU?

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Maybe the Vader-Luke duel on Bespin in ESB, just because it's so climactic and leads to The Big Revelation—it kind of feels like the battle we wanted to happen all through ANH and the first 3/4 of ESB, but was delayed and delayed—and then the dam breaks. The Vader-Obi-Wan duel in ANH is a very close second, because I always get a little choked up at the moment when Obi-Wan lets himself be struck down (and in slow motion!).

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Well, something like the Hobbits in Tolkien, maybe. Just a humble, homespun race that wants to mind its own business and not do anything epic... until epic happens to them. Though that's arguably what happened to Luke Skywalker, too. But still, it's always fun to see the non-epic represented in the GFFA.

Maybe the Samaritans. It would be interesting to see what SW would do with a super-isolated, quasi-inbred Human culture like that (though there probably are a few already in the lore that escape my mind at the moment). Or they could be imagined as a Force tradition that split off from the Jedi (and the Sith) at some point in very early antiquity, that claims to uphold the most ancient Force practices but doesn't accept any Jedi lore or practice that dates from later than a certain point.

Plus, their liturgical chant is really crazy-cool and would be a fantastic model for any sort of mystical chant in the GFFA.

Barriss_Coffee, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ewoks spring to mind.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, sure, but they are apparently not totally unused to suddenly having to engage in armed conflict of one sort or another, given all the weaponry they seem to have at the ready (even if their catapults and things are primitive compared to what the imperials use, I'm sure they didn't just suddenly invent them on the fly after learning of the imperial threat).

Incidentally, this puts me in mind of a video...

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe the near-human bimms could work? They have the look at least
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like that idea but there are already to many splintergroups to the jedi and sith. I suggest a old splintergroup to the Zeison Sha who claims to uphold the most ancient Force practices but doesn't accept any Zeison Sha lore or practice that dates from later than a certain point and see the jedi as heretics.

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Gamiel, sure, that sounds like it would work perfectly well for the Samaritans too. I'm not too particular about how they would be represented, just as long as their wacky chant made it in somehow. :D

What on earth is that Bimm woman in the third image all excited about?

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    She is a bard telling a story to my understanding

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Ah, well, that would certainly explain it. Bards do have that tendency. ;)

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Probably Padmé. There was a lot of potential to make a truly interesting, multifaceted character out of the mysterious "beautiful but sad" mother of Luke and Leia, but between Lucas's cringeworthy dialogue and Portman's less-than-emotive portrayal (which probably was ultimately Lucas's idea), I don't feel like that really happened with Padmé, and to me she just fell kind of flat. I also wish that in ROTS she had (a) met her death in a more concrete, tangible way (the whole "losing the will to live" business just seemed like too much of a copout) and (b) had a slightly more realistic childbirth scene. :D
    None of this is to say I didn't enjoy her beautiful outfits, though. :)

GrandAdmiralJello and Gamiel like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If the gand appeared in the coming SW stories how would you like them to be used?

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Honestly, I'm not too particular—I'd be thrilled to see them appear in any capacity, whether in the "good guys" sector, the "scum and villainy" sector, or otherwise. It would be nice if a female of the species were represented, too, but that's probably not super likely.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Disney suddenly call and want you to design the culture/daily life of a gand colony. What would you put in it and what would you keep/throw away from the traditional gand culture/daily life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.