main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Gamiel, I can't wait for your interview, so we can find out what exactly you do in the forty-seven minutes each day you're not asking questions on the internet.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Right now I am having vacation. Otherwise I study and work night

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    If Todd ever gets tired of hosting this interview thread, I couldn't think of a better successor for him than Gamiel! ;)

And do you have a question for me too, Havac? (flutters eyelashes) :D

Oh gosh, Gamiel, can't you ask me about something that has at least some chance of actually happening? There's no chance that what you describe will ever happen in a million years (and they'd probably ask TrakNar first). I guess I'd make sure we get a good look at the mystical practices and ceremonies of the findsmen, how they're trained, maybe a little on the different sects, but I'd also want to give a glimpse of some regular (nameless) citizens (and how they and the findsmen regard each other). I don't think there's anything from the lore so far that I would throw away.

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favorite Humphrey Bogart movie?

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Casablanca, natch! :cool:

(One fun thing about Humphrey Bogart is that he was short—about 5'4"—and my husband is that same height. :D )

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

7. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Um, not to my knowledge...? :p

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Batman reference recognition fail. :p
    Psst, it already happened. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Sorry. I'm not up on either Batman or Tim Burton. [face_dunno]

And do you have an actual question for me, Todd? :p (Same question as for Havac earlier...)

10. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    You're ruining the joke.

Ruiner.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Better than being a moment killer I suppose. :cool:

[​IMG]

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How do you envision gand architecture looks like?

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    TrakNar, Ulicus , Zeta1127 and 2 others like this.
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Well, I definitely consider it a high compliment indeed to be taken for a sock of TrakNar. :cool:

But Coop, you're an admin type, no? In that case you (a) have access to our IP addresses, and (b) the capability of tracing what geographic location they're coming from, oder? Well, that should cinch it right there—she's in Pennsylvania and I'm in Wisconsin. I'm no expert on these things, of course, but I'm not quite sure one can get a sock to post from an IP address that's half a continent away. :p

Goodwood likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm not an admin, they just made me this color because of how great I am. And the real admins are in on the scam, obviously.

Findswoman likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Coop's actually our resident con man. He impersonates much more important people. Currently he's pretending to be the editor in chief of a Star Wars blog.

Findswoman posting here on request. I echo and agree with your comments about Naboo. The Renaissance Italy look was inspired and it's one of the rare times we see real, earthy beauty in architecture and costume.

I'm not so good at questions but here goes:

Since I recall you being into music, describe a musical cue (using terms intelligible to us musically illiterate folks) for an EU character of your choice. It can be any character you wish, since I don't want to typecast you as "one of our Gand ladies" :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Very nice to see you here, Adm'r'l. :)

Interesting question. I'd just come up with one for the "improved" version of Padmé that I hinted at above (plaintive rolled chords on harp accompanying a soprano singing something sad and lyrical in Irish or Scots Gaelic or similar), but then I noticed you specified an EU character. So now let's see...

For Plourr Ilo as she appears in X-Wing: Warrior Princess: bearing in mind the Earth-historical basis for that story, I'd make her theme a minor-key, more dissonant, more ominous version of the Tsarist national anthem, adding a nice adrenaline-pumping drumset track in the action scenes.

How about that? :D

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Actually you're on several IPs that trace all over the country! No, we must force you to prove your Madison bona fides.

Where is the World's Largest Brat Fest held?
    Which pizza chain's mascot wears a white suit and fedora?
    How is Cieslewicz pronounced?
    Who is the best-established TV weatherman?
    What near east side neighborhood is full of hippies?
    What is the nickname of Madison's main east-west artery?
    What restaurant recently closed at the East and West Towne food courts?
    Where did both Borders used to be located?

CooperTFN and CT-867-5309 like this.
  19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Are you familiar with the works of Yoko Kanno? If not, why the bloody hell?! :D

Here's a sample:

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    It's probably clogged from all the cheese and beer you Wisconsinites partake in.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Havac, please be gentle. I'm not originally from here and have only lived here three years. You'd do better to ask me about Chicago, which is my hometown, or Berkeley, where I went to grad school.

You are lucky your own interview has already happened, or I would totally get my revenge on you with questions like, "favorite hybrid tea rose and why?," "favorite Baroque opera and why?," and "favorite Weimar-republic-era cabaret song, and why?" :p

But fine, whatever. Numbers added for ease of quoting:

1. At the Alliant Energy Center. It happened over Memorial Day weekend, but I didn't go because I don't eat pork.
    2. Rocky Rococo (though I prefer Glass Nickel Pizza myself).
    3. My guess is "CHESS-le-vich."
    4. John Coleman? I'm not sure because I don't own a TV and wouldn't have the time to spend watching it anyway.
    5. I guess it's that neighborhood right around Willy Street? I don't know, because I live on the far corner West Side and hardly ever have occasion to go to the East Side.
    6. Do you mean the Beltline? Other than that, the only street I can think of that has a nickname is the aforementioned Willy (Williamson) Street. But that's hardly the main thoroughfare for the entire town.
    7. I don't know—Arby's? I feel like my husband mentioned it having closed last time we were at West Towne. We don't go there that terribly much.
    8. No idea. I'm guessing both West Towne and East Towne malls—maybe South Towne? Is someone who's only lived here three years really going to know that? :p

Nope, 'fraid I've never heard of Yoko Kanno before. I did give that a listen, though. Definitely... interesting, though apart from the high-pitched voices singing what sounds like "E-A-Y-A-I-Y-O!" over and over again, it sounds pretty much indistinguishable from Kenny G. :p

CooperTFN likes this.
  22. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Correct, correct, correct, Bob Lindmeier, correct, correct, Sbarro, and University Avenue and next to East Towne. I'm convinced.

CooperTFN likes this.
  23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Me too--clearly Trak is the sock.

TrakNar likes this.
  24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Why don't you eat pork?

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Again, I'm honored, but wouldn't you have to quiz one or both of us about Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in order to find out? You're welcome to, but I know I, for one, won't do very well. :p

Because it's not kosher. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.