main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Literature Project - The Clone Wars Dossier

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I thought I'd start a thread on the Clone Wars and how they relate to the Expanded Universe of Star Wars.

Here is what I'd like to accomplish...

I want everyone to brainstorm together, and try and list every single Clone Wars reference they can think of. All sources are valid...novels, comics, RPG, videogames etc.

Once we have collected a sizable enough amount of information, I ( and maybe some others, with some help ) shall post a dating fix for the "35 BSW4" Clone Wars, and the ones occuring in the next 2 SW films.

After you list a reference, say what the source is. I will start...

1 - The Battle of Dreighton occured during the Clone Wars at aprox. 35 BSW4. Two large fleets of warships disappeared in an area that later became known as "The Dreighton Triangle". Source - Rebel Assault II ( 1995 )

2 - Corellian Jedi Nejaa Halcyon is killed by a Sith sect on the planet Susevfi, shortly after the Clone Wars. Due to timeline events ( when Hal Horn fathered Corran etc. ) this must be placed shortly after 35 BSW4. Source - I, Jedi novel ( 1998 )

Sturm : Changed title to reflect progress. Original title was "The Clone Wars and the EU ( Possible Episode II spoilers, mostly on CW dating )"

Darth Caliban likes this.
  2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Victory Class Destroyers:
    "The battle-marred era marked by the Clone Wars saw the creation of bigger, faster, more heavily armed and armored combat vessels. The first of this bumper crop was the Victory-class Star Destroyer"

Victory II
    "It did not come off the production line until the Clone Wars had ended, and consquently only a handful ever saw completion. etc etc etc"

Dreadnaughts
    "Introduced to the Galaxy before the Clone Wars, the Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser was the largest vessel of its time. etc etc"

Light Anti-Vehicle Laser Cannon
    "The Atgar 1.4 FD P-Tower, a light laser cannon, was first introduced in teh Clone Wars as an anti-vehicle weapon."

Imperial Sourcebook by WEG, 1989

I'm pretty sure that's it from that book.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Excellent. With those, they may be able to fit in at either 35 BSW4 or 22-20 BSW4.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's probably best to wait until after ep2 comes out to fit them in the timeline. Otherwise, I'd say there were two Clone Wars. The one written by Zahn and the one written by Lucas and Hales. Strum knows from reading the spoilers how it's possible.

5. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I guess I have to do it myself. :p

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    There were two clone wars, Mon Mothma in Farlander papers and x-wing strategy guide speaks about series of clone wars that put Palpatine into position of becoming presedent. there was a period of peace that existed before and when palpatine came to power. Then corrupted officials took over, what we see in TPM. You know the outcome of tpm.

7. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I know, but I'm trying to get all the references so that we can put together a series of events to both Clone Wars, and see how to tie together the who, what, when, why and how. At least as a start.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I know you know, ;), I was trying to confirm it to darth-sinister.

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Oh. ::slaps himself:: At least it clarifies for anyone else reading when I'm meaning to do.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    General Mohc was a hero of the clone wars, who was a strong believer the honor in Front line Infantry battle . To See what your enemies are doing rather than cowardly hitting them from far away. (Dark Forces)

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The Wars are often referenced several times in the TIE Fighter game, in terms of events. I forget the exact circumstances, but one of the pirates whose faction you fly against is a survivor of the clone wars or her family was wiped out during them or soemthing.

12. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    What about the Spaarti Cloning Cylinders. Were they Clone War relics, or created by Palpatine from the technology of the Clone Wars?

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Excellent work, my minions.

Yes, I recently played TIE CD, and I caught the reference to the Nami pirate Terrak being a Clone Wars veteren. We'll say that was from 22-20 BSW4.

As for the Spaarti cylinders...I'd take a shot and say that's 22-20 as well, since we don't know the exact circumstances of the First Clone War ( and what the war was about - whether it was the possibility of creating clones, or they were actually put to use in a planetary army. )

Yes Val, good catch on General Mohc. Hmm. He seems to be in his 50's or 60's, so if it was about 20 years before Dark Forces, he could have held a high enough rank in the Second Clone War to command troops. That seems more likely than 35 BSW4.

Keep 'em coming whenever you see them in your SW stuff, my apprentices. [face_mischief]

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I know about the Farlander papers. I'm just saying that it will have to be this way. Strum can testify, that the Clones in Attack of the Clones are different from Zahn's. Certain elements from Zahn's story fit with Lucas' and helps make sense of the plot.

15. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Dont forget the Marvel references.

Issue 28: whatever happened to Jabba the hut, says that the metal mite (Ghengis, is that what its called, im away from home and dont have my issue handy) was genetically created during the clone wars and that it wreaked havoc during the wars.

Issues 68 - 69, mention that Palpatine/Sidious sent Mandalorians after Princess Leia (obviously a mistake, probably meant Leia's Mother Padme), and that of the 200+ Mandalorians, only Fett, Fenn Shysa and Tobi Dala survived.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000

Synopse by ghengis

"Battle for Mandalore
    by Chris Hind
    Challenge Magazine (GDW Games, Mar 92)

"Ten soldiers wearing the distinctive gray uniforms of the Republican Army and a half-dozen black-clad Jedi Knights advance cautiously through the deserted, rubble-choked streets of Mandalore. Black smoke hangs heavily in the air. Army Lieutenant Weirs matches strides with Voli Quana, Jedi mistress.
    'Your soldiers fight with remarkable order,' Quana says, 'even in these chaotic conditions.'
    'The troops are obeying orders which I haven't even given yet,' Weirs responds, 'It's you, isn't it? Doing something to their minds--to all our minds--to keep us disciplined and in high morale. That's why you look so haggard.'
    'The governor is still in the city,' Quana says, 'but he is preparing to escape in a private spacecraft. He must be tried for crimes against the Republic. I am telepathically relaying all your orders so we may reach him in time. And do not concern yourself with my health, for my ally is the Fo...' Quana stops, covering her eyes with a hand.
    'What's wrong?' Weirs asks.
    'Halt your troops Lieutenant. I sense...'
    Suddenly a loud blast and the flash of a bright blue beam. An ambush! Weirs' chest explodes, and his body spins into an alley. Quana's amber-bladed lightsaber is in her hand, ignited, in time to deflect a second blast aimed at her. In the next second, dozens of blue and red blaster bolts intersect the smoky streets, ionizing the air and sending chunks of formex flying with each near miss. The FINAL BATTLE FOR MANDALORE BEGINS!"
    (Challenge, p. 68)

Summary by Genghis12

As the end of the Old Republic nears, a series of skirmishes will rage across the galaxy. These skirmishes were known as the Clone Wars. While the Republic seeks to quell the firestorm raging across the galaxy, others have more insidious goals in mind.
    It is against the backdrop of this galactic chaos that Governor Vrox of Mandalore, a secret supporter of Palpatine, has elevated himself to a virtual dictator of his planet. However, being fiercely planetaristic he has decided to forgo taxing his own people to feed his greed and instead raid neighboring star systems. It is a plan founded in the very roots of the Mandalorian culture, dating back some 4,000 years earlier. Then, the Mandalorians were the fierce, the proud... the unbeatable. The masked warrior clans of Mandalore terrorized and decimated the Empress Teta systems with their deadly technology and their exceptional combat prowess. History was doomed to repeat itself.
    Vrox sent his small, yet potent forces to raid the neighboring star systems. In addition, the Republic also suspected Vrox of the illegal manufacturing of War Droids - weapons which the Republic had since regulated after the Battle for Naboo.
    To combat the expansionism of the Mandalorians, the Republic Senate dispatched a contingent of Republican Army soldiers and Jedi Knights to the Mandalore system in an attempt to restore order there. However, unknown events caused the mission to become deadly. The Republican forces managed to knock out Mandalore's planetary defenses and began a ground assult on the planet below. They chose a ground assult rather than planetary bombardment to minimize civillian casulties and any damage to the capital city.
    Governor Vrox, however, had no such qualms. He immediatly began a full-scale defense against the invading army--including the use of artillery strikes against any forces within city limits as the battle swung against him. These artillery batteries managed to do significant damage to the city and cause massive deaths before they were disabled by Republican forces. The Republic had nearly won the battle--the majority of the Mandalorian soldiers had been routed. Governor Vrox even was forced to rely on his contingency plan. He had fled to his fortress estate before it was raided and was preparing to escape the planet in his private staryacht. It was his next command which would cause one of the most fearsome battles in the entire period of the Clone Wa

17. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Very very interesting.

Yes, I see a lot of the RPG magazine articles as being official. Especially if they're from previously-published SW RPG writers. I have a few magazines of my own, from Dragon and Shadis.

Noted and approved. :)

18. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The Clone Wars that Mothma refered to that took place before Palpatine became Chancellor could be apart of the Stark Hyperspace War.

19. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Nah. It'll be the First Clone War she was speaking of, around 35 BSW4. The Stark Hyperspace Wars are too early at 42 BSW4.

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Well, the Galactic Phrase Book mentions some new wars and conflicts, mostly, it seems, in the Hutt space and that vicinity, in the 40 or so years before ANH.

21. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Any names to these wars Mastadge? If not, who was involved? Maybe those ones tie into the Stark war.

22. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    40 or 41 BSW4, the Koong wars, fought by the Hutts.

23. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Ah, sounds like more Droids references by Ben Burtt. He sure loves his SW brainchild of Mungo Baobab.

I have a theory that he was the one who stuck the Boonta reference into TPM, and another Droid reference into AotC.

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Firsrt of all..the sources that say that the clone wars happened around 35 years years before TPM,have been contradicted by the recent more accurate sources.

Second,According to the Guide to the SW universe 2nd Edition,the Clone Wars ended 35 years before Yavin.They didn't start 35 years before Yavin.They ended.

So either way you're wrong.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Sturm 35 was the end of the clone wars(according to the guide to star wars second edtion) not the middle of it, it could have been anytime before 35. going by the EC i'd say about 50, since that's the start of the Rise of the empire.

On the other hand make note that mon mothma said there was a period of peace, before the politicans started to corrupt drastically.

I'm not sure 3 years between 35 and 32 are long enough for that.

also the timeline is way off in guide to star wars universe that set's that date, putting all sorts of events out of order. example, by it han was born a few years before palps rise to precidency, and instead of after the event. you might want to take note of that.

Since guide to star wars 3 is now the valid guide, it takes more precidence in this case, imho. So I think we need to set it back a few years before ep3.

So it could have easily have been part of the stark or the koong war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.