main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Literature Project - The Clone Wars Dossier

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    For people who have the new Insider: Are any new events mentioned i.e. ones that haven't been on previous published timelines?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As I pointed out in my timeline thread- NDA cannot take place at Month 12 and has to be a typo.

Why? Because Wat Tambor is captured in NDA, but isn't released until 10.5 months ABG (14:4:7), so there is no way NDA could happen at 12 months ABG.

3. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Good call, I was trying to think of a reason why that didn't make any sense, but one wasn't springing to mind.

Edit: Ikrit, some "new" events are listed in that they weren't on the Shatterpoint/comic timelines, but have been out for a while, such as the short stories from Insider itself and two of the games from Lucasarts (GBG:CC and NDA).

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if Stover's Hasbro short story is the Shatterpoint e-book reincarnated?

5. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok, I'm an idiot. The timeline is structured so that various EU sources are floating off in space with lines connecting them to the months on the timeline. The line for NDA crosses the page, and I misread it as pointing to 12 months (another event is pointing to 12), when in actuality it's at 10. That makes more sense than before at any rate; sorry for any confusion.

6. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Ah. Ok Wat wasn't in Republic custody for very long.

7. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Someone wanna post the whole timeline?

8. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Official Clone Wars Timeline (Star Wars Insider #69, August 2003)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Month 0

• The Battle of Geonosis (Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones)

• The Search for Count Dooku (Boba Fett #1: The Fight to Survive)

Shortly After Month 0

• Assignment: Corellia ("Elusion Illusion", Insider #66)

Month 1

• The Battle of Raxus Prime (Boba Fett #2: Crossfire)

• The Dark Reaper Project (The Clone Wars)

• The Hunt for the Decimator (Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns)

Between Month 1 and 2

• Conspiracy on Aargau (Boba Fett #3: Maze of Deception)

Month 2

• The Battle of Kamino (Clone Wars I: The Defense of Kamino [Republic #49-50, Jedi: Mace Windu])

Month 3

• The Defense of Naboo (Clone Wars II: Victories & Sacrifies [Republic #51-53, Jedi: Shaak Ti])

Month 4

• The Storm Fleet Destroyers ("Storm Fleet Warnings", Hasbro Short Story Collection)

• The Fortress of Axion ("Duel", Hasbro Short Story Collection)

• The Battle of Muunilinst (Clone Wars Animated Shorts)

Month 6

• The Haruun Kal Crisis ("Equipment", Hasbro Short Story Collection; Shatterpoint)

• Assassination on Buchara (Legacy of the Jedi #1)

Month 9

• Raid on Pengalan IV ("The Pengalan Tradeoff", Insider #65)

• The Dagu Revolt (Escape from Dagu)

Month 10

• Rise of the Cortosis Battle Droids (The New Droid Army)

Month 12

• The Spaarti Incident ("The Heart of Cartao", Insider #68-70)

• The Bio Droid Threat (The Cestus Deception)

Month 15

• The Battle of Jabiim (Clone Wars III: Last Stand on Jabiim [Republic #55-59])

Month 24

• The Casualties of Drongar (Medstar I: Battle Surgeons; Medstar II: Healer)

Month 30

• The Praesitlyn Conquest (Jedi Trial)

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Guess I'll have to make a few adjustments to my timeline [face_batting]

Thanks for typing that up.

BTW- Did they print "Heart of Cartao"? or was that just a typo?

10. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Nope, typo :D

s/Heart/Hero

Thanks for the save 2Q

11. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh, and "Sacrifies" should be "Sacrifices" obviously. I can't see any more errors in my transcription now that I've had some sleep.

Anyone summarized the Holonet News stories yet? I'll get it when I get home from work if not.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I haven't gotten my copy yet, so I know I haven't done a summary yet.

Anyways, I think I'm going to incorporate the official timeline designations ("The Haruun Kal Crisis", "The Search For Count Dooku", etc) into my timeline as breaks/sub divisions to make it a little easier to find a particular entry in the future, since it'll no doubt start to get rather massive in the future.

Besides- some of them just sound cool [face_batting]

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My copy came in the mail today ::)

You can still summarize the holonet entries- I'll be doing the Zahn story summary today anyways.

EDIT- Though, I'll make note that we have a specific date now for the Battle of Jabiim-seemingly tied to the events of the first issue of the story arc. 14:9:01.

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Keep 'em coming, boys (and ladies?) -- I'm busy collating *all* of it as it gets posted (and working on some original stuff of my own), so keep up the good work. :)

15. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I wrote a summary of the Battle of Skor II from the latest HoloNet News. Squibs are hilarious!

16. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Holonet News - 14:9:01

Separatists Attack Shelter Base - Dozens Killed; General Kenobi Missing
    --
    Shelter Base, Jabiim - CIS forces attack the Republic forces on the Outer Rim world of Jabiim in the 2nd week of fighting; the commander of operations in that theater, Obi-Wan, is consequently MIA. Before the CIS counteroffensive, 3 CIS outposts on that world had been captured by the Republic. Also, before the counteroffensive, CIS forces there had primarily been composed of natives using native weaponry/munititions. Jedi casualties: Dalnus Cam, Sana-Jis Ilowa, and Rallcema Bylissura. The CIS commander is Alto Stratus.

Mace Windu Liberates Skor II
    --
    Windu takes out an occupation CIS force, is honored by the local monarch with a statue for his efforts

Minor Headlines
    --
    Republic Walkers Storm Kabal
    Hapans Refuse Passage

17. Kreuzader

Apr 23, 2002
    Also, the CIS Shadowfeed is dated 14:9:08. Major stories are a semi-biography of the aforementioned Alto Stratus, and an article refuting the Holonet's version of events at a peace conference in the Sluis sector, where CIS forces were blamed for the deaths of the diplomats (the Shadowfeed disputes this and claims that Republic forces killed their own diplomat in a friendly-fire incident).

18. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Good to see Clone Campaigns finally on the timeline.

Just downloaded the three Hasbro stories, they look to be good...I've only read "Storm Fleet Warnings", it was pretty enjoyable. It involved Anakin and Obi-wan facing off against a large Seperatist fleet...well now Jude Watson's out of the way, it's time for Stover and Zahn...hehehehe... :)

EDIT...hehehe...on Google I came across a webpage... www.stover-equipment.com - coincidence or what? :D

Edit2...Bored...I'll summarise them...

STORM FLEET WARNINGS by Jude Watson
    -----------------------------------
    Obi-wan and Anakin are returning from a mission via. the Llon Nebulae. As the approach the Kronex spaceport, Anakin spots a large fleet of bulk freighters, and realises that they aren't bulk freighters - it's actually the Storm Fleet, a new Seperatist fleet disguised as cargo freighters. At the spaceport, Obi-wan takes Anakin to see his contact, Fizz, who tells them that the Storm Fleet is headed for the Cyphar system, a neutral system where the Seperatists are hoping to establish a base. It is apparant that the Storm Fleet is going to be used to force the Cyphar government to agree to the Confederacy wishes. Not wishing to directly engage the Storm Fleet, Anakin and Obi-wan lead the destroyers through an asteroid belt, taking out two of the warships and giving the Republic Fleet time to reach Cyphar.

EQUIPMENT by Matt Stover
    ------------------------
    <<I've not read Shatterpoint, so my understanding of this story is not 100%. Therefore I'm not going to summarise it>>

DUEL by Timothy Zahn
    --------------------
    Republic Commander Brogis finds himself under attack from legions and legions of Battle Droids. He has found the entrance into the Fortress of Axion, and the Confederacy wish to know how, so they can plug up their security gaps. Although Brogis deals with the droids easily, he knows that once the Seperatists bring in their Hailfire droid, he will not survive. However Yoda suddenly arrives to help him, and the Jedi Master faces down the Hailfire, dodging a huge missile attack and forcing a stalemate. Yoda and Brogis head into a nearby cavern complex, where they can make their escape, but they are followed by the Hailfire. Using the Force, Yoda tricks the Hailfire into thinking it faces a squad of clone troopers, then destroys it with a huge rock archway.

19. -Ambu_Fett-

-Ambu_Fett- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    I've got a question: if somebody has already Legacy of the Jedi, the question goes to him: so, how many pages are there in LotJ? I don't believe in the 176 pages from amazon.com.

20. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    EQUIPMENT by Matt Stover-

A Clone Trooper relates his experience during the Haruun Kal Crisis. He describes how Clones who take care of equipment for their squad is the highest honor, because from day one they're taught they live and die by their equipment. Our Clone Hero is a gunner in one of the Republic Gunships brought by Mace's capital ship renforcements. Our clone fights through the first part of the battle and like in the book, none of the gunships reach the atmosphere because of swarms of droid starfighters. The crew of this particular gunship is able to fight its way out and hide until more republic forces arrive. The first thing the Republic forces do is rescue the clones, because they too, are equipment. As long as the Republic takes care of them, the Clones will take care of the Republic.

21. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Thanks for the summary -- it was a terrific little story, to boot.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's been clariifed on TOS's boards that the "header title" (or whatever you want to call them) for Legacy of the Jedi will be listed as "Assassination on Null" in future printed timelines, the previous one (Assassination on Buchara, I believe it was) was based on earlier drafts where the planet was named as such but was changed to Null later on.

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Thanks, and I'll be sure to use this new title for my own notes.

24. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Wait, in the Tim Zhan story, how does Yoda use the Force to trick a droid? Also, where do I download these suckers?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're not for download- they were initially posted online but that was a mistake and we're not supposed to spread them online.

Right now the only way to have gotten them besides that was to get one from comic-con or the copy included in certain Clone Wars vehicle toys.

However, Sue has said that there'll be an announcment around the 1st of October regarding an additional means of distribution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.