main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Little Bit of News...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Started Barista training this week, so yes, Tara... I'll be able to help you pick out some new drinks soon!

In addition, some of you are aware of my mother's own perpetual medical problems. She was hospitalized this evening, and will probably be with them for a few days. If I'm cranky to anyone or not around, now you know!

And knowing is half the battle!

(....GI JOE!)

-TJ [face_clown]

P.S. And yes, I'm doing fine at the moment!

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    My prayers are with you bro. Call me if you need anything

3. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Prayers and best wishes to you and your mom, TJ! [face_praying]

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    My thoughts are with you and your mom, TJ.
    [:D] If you need us, you know where to find us.

5. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Take care TJ and hope everything goes well with your Mom.

6. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey TJ -- good news about the job (yes, you'll be helping me) and bad news about your Mom. Hope she is well soon!

7. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    TJ, I hope your Mom is feeling better soon.

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've gotten an update: Mom's at a Sutter Facility right now. I will try to see her sometime tomorrow or possibly sunday depending on how things go. Work's been alternating between grueling and mind numbingly boring (gee, so that's how you make regular coffee in a coffee maker? Zounds! Who knew?) As for drinks... bleh. I'm starting to have all our sample/training drinks coming out my pores. My schedule's going to be pretty anorexic in the hours department next week, so I should be around for next Saturday's meeting... that's when it is, right? Or is it the one after? I can never remember. 2nd Weekend... yes. That's it. I think.

TJ + Life = [face_beatup]

-TJ

9. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Glad things are getting better for your mom. It is a good facility to be at. :) A Barista.....who would have thunk. :) Just don't overdose on the caffeine practicing. Hey, you can help me figure out a drink to order when I have to go to starbucks with everyone, that DOESN'T have coffee in it. Have never been able to acquire a taste for it and am getting tired of the Chai Tea's. :) Something cold preferably.

Don't know if you have heard since you missed the last meeting. We are new parents again. :( Actually have custody of granddaughter due to daughters extra curricular activities. So we are in regroup mode as haven't parented little ones for a bit. So Rogue 26.5 will be hanging out with us a lot.

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Immediate suggestions for the non coffee drinkers: try an iced 4 pump passion tea lemonade, they are delicious. Additionally, you might check out the strawberries and creme frappuccino blended creme or our vanilla bean frappuccino blended creme. The strawberries and creme is one of our most popular drinks for our non coffee drinkers.

-TJ

P.S. Coffee sampling sucks when you've got no palette to speak of... all tastes mostly the same to me. [face_plain]

P.P.S. Mom's still at a Sutter Facility, probably until next week sometime.

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    One of my favorite non-coffee drinks is the green tea frappacino, I also like the passion tea lemonade...mmmmm.

12. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions. I get tons of Starbucks gift cards but just go in and stare at the menu and order a Chai tea. This will be great. :)

13. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    1. You can use the gift cards to buy mugs and stuff.

2. The Caramel Frap is awesome! All that lovely crushed ice makes me think of blended alcholic drinks..ha ha
    [face_laugh]

14. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I am sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is feeling better. You take it easy as well. Pm me anytime.

15. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004

Our "Learning Coach" would look at you funny and say "I'm sorry, we don't have a Caramel Frap... however, we DO have a Caramel Frappuccino Blended Coffee." Silly corporations and their trademarks. [face_money_eyes]

-TJ

16. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    First, of all, I want to let you know that your mom is also in my prayers. I'm sorry about here coming down ill. But it sounds like she's getting better and I wish her well yet.

Second of all, it looks like you have a really neat job with all the free drink samples they're giving you! Don't worry about all coffee tasting the same; it sounds like they are training you to become a pro coffee coniessuer (pardon my French, literally! Or at least the spelling o it if I didn't get it right. LOL) You'll be able to distinguish the finest coffees in no time! :D .

Congrads on your new job!

--Jedi Dark Night

17. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Mom's still gone. Moved some bills to online so I can electronical pay them off.

Sigh. Tomorrow will be a full week.

-TJ

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sorry to hear that bro

19. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Sorry, TJ. I hope your mom comes home soon. At least she is getting the care that she needs. Prayers continue for your mom, you, and your family. [face_praying] Let us know if you need anything.....even if it is just a hug.

20. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Prayers do continue. I hope your mom gets well soon, TJ. I know it must be a hard time for you right now.

--JediDarkNight

21. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Man, you will be on my mind, I am here for a chat if you want/need to talk.

22. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Mom's Home.

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Good to hear, TJ. I hope her condition is greatly improved. [:D]

24. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Glad to hear that she is improving. Once again, let us know if there is anything we can do for you. :) You are our favorite Sgt.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thank the Maker TJ! Glad to hear it bro! Errr I mean Sgt!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.