main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Little Bit of News...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Good news, TJ. Your Rogue family is still available for you...ALWAYS!!

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks, guys.

3. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    That is good news, TJ. I hope you are doing well, too! Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything that you need.:)

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm currently looking for new living arrangements. There are some leads with a few friends, but I don't foresee myself leaving the sacramento area or anything like that. I won't be living with my mom much longer, though.

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone.

-TJ

5. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Moving shall commence within the next few weeks. Mom has a single bedroom unit that's opening up immediately. My friends and I will be moving into a shiny new 2 bedroom in the same complex. The next few weeks will be busy, but it gives me a great opportunity to clean house so I can get things handed off to Jedidoria for Rogue Force for the Forces...

-TJ

EDIT: Note to self to Spellcheck posts... meant things, not thinks. Sheesh.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hollar if you need anything bro. You got my number

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Will do. I don't think I'll need help moving, but will let people know if I do. I know I'll have a couple boxes of videos/comics/books for 'doria, though.

-TJ

8. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Cool beans about the forces for forces stuff, my friend. Bring them bowling -- you are attending, right? I hope your new apartment is great -- when is the housewarming??

9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I've not made any requests for time off so far, so I don't know if I'll be at teh bowling. As for the housewarming, we'll see.

-TJ

10. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Aww, I hope you can make it. You need some "fun" time. You can always bring the stuff to the next meeting -- I always have room in my car (oops, mini van) so whenever you get a chance, that'll be fine. Are you doing OK? I'm not reading or feeling HAPPY in your response.

11. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Congrads on the new house/apartment, TJ! I hope the move will work out well.

--Jedi Dark Night

12. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Glad to hear your mom's home again and doing better!

--Jedi Dark Night

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Finances aren't looking good enough to move. Back to square one, I guess.

-TJ

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Heh. Always freaking out too soon. Made some adjustments, saved some cash. Will be moving a friend into my unit once I get my Mom into one of her own here in the same complex.

Rock On.

-TJ

15. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Horray for TJ! [face_dancing] I'm happy for you!:)

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah yeah. =P

Going to get keys for Mom's Unit today, will look at moving some things over today if possible. Will be off Thursday to try and move more things then. It looks like I should have Saturday off too so if people wouldn't be opposed to coming and helping out during the week or something it would be appreciated. PM me for details if you're interested.

-TJ

17. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    two recommendations to make THIS move easier, and any future moves (plus easier to help friends when they move later): First, buy a furniture dolly from Harbor Freight tools for $15. Second, select a hand truck from your favorite local hardware store or tool shop. It should cost between $20 and $40 dollars. Make sure it has soft, NON inflatable tires. These will both last you the rest of your life; through many moves, marriage, kids, upgraded furniture, new refridgerators, and so on and so forth. Unfortunately, I must subject myself this Saturday to a day with my kids at whatever Cal Expo waterpark is called now.

18. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    The nice thing is is that the refrigerators are included in the units. I'm not sure how much a dolly would help with most of our stuff, especially since I know so many things are referred to as dollies.

-TJ

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Ugh. Moved the box from hell. Mom's got to get herself an iPod and iTunes so she can ditch those dumpy records...

-TJ

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Moving, moving, moving, moving...

-TJ

21. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    I assume TJ, that you are moved in and perhaps even settled in by this time? Oh, and you mentioned something called "records". Could you describe what those are for the young folk out there? I assume you are refering to the old 19th/20th century music devices?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.