Before Little Boy Gone Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon JA AU Its been edited!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediANGELA, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Title: Little Boy Gone
    Genre: Adventure/Angst
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Yoda, OCS
    Time Frame: JA Obi-Wan is 15
    Summary: Can Qui-Gon convince his runaway Padawan and son whom he hasn?t seen in two years to come home instead of staying with is family?
    A/N: I know that this has been done before but I wanted it done my way. This story is going to be a long one. I already have it on twenty notebook pages and I write small, and its not even half way done yet. And sadly enough I don?t own many of these characters. Ill return them though.

Prologue: Thirteen-year old Obi-Wan Kenobi walked solemnly down the hallway of the Jedi Temple. He had failed yet another Math exam. He just wasn?t good at math. No one could see it except for him. He tried so hard. He was even getting tutored by Master Mace Windu himself. Obi-Wan, all too soon found himself in front of the quarters that Qui-Gon and himself shared. He didn?t know how he was supposed to tell his master that he had to sign the test. It was such a low mark too. Out of forty problems he got two right.

He didn?t know what to do anymore. Obi-Wan felt so guilty. First he pushed himself onto Qui-Gon, then he couldn?t get any of the katas, now he is downright failing math. Could things get any worse? Things could be. Qui-Gon could stop talking to him all together. Their bond was one of the weakest of all the Master and Padawan?s in the temple. Obi-Wan turned around at laughter. He saw his friend Garen and his master walk by. Garen and his master are like father and son. Father and son. Obi-Wan wanted to have a relationship with his master like that. But every time he tried to get personal with the man, he either changed the subject, ignored him, or got up and left the room. Obi-Wan was no sure how much more he could take. He made his final decision right then and there. He reached out with the Force. Qui-Gon was not home. Good thought Obi-Wan. He opened the door, and walked into his room. He grabbed his travel bag from the closet, and stuffed what little civilian clothes he had into it. He left one outfit out. He quickly changed into it. He put his lightsaber on his bed, along with the only gift Qui-Gon had ever given him, a rock from his home world. Then came the most heartbreaking of all, he took out a knife that was supposed to have belonged to his father, and held it up to his braid. He sliced through the braid cutting it off. Tears rolled down his ever-changing eyes that were blue right now. He knew what he was doing was the right thing to do. He threw his shields up really tightly, and reached along to the middle of their weak master-padawan bond, and severed it. He could no longer feel Qui-Gon along it. But, why did it seem like he was still connected to the cold man? Obi-Wan Kenobi then went out the door of Qui-Gon?s apartment, down the hallway, out the main door of the Jedi Temple, and out into the dangerous Coruscant streets.

2. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Chapter 1

A fifteen year old boy, dressed in rags sat aboard a transport heading to the planet of Mayim. He had ginger hair, and ever-changing eyes. No one knew where the boy came from, or where he had been born. The only thing people knew was that he was searching for something, or someone. No one had the courage to ask such a frail boy what he was doing all alone on a transport. He looked like he hadn?t eaten in days, or weeks for that matter. If one looked one could see all of the bones in his body. A child his age should be a lot healthier looking than that. The pilot made an announcement that they were coming up on Mayim. The boy once known as Obi-Wan Kenobi sat gloomy looking at the blue planet wondering if this was the place he could call home.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn strode down the corridor of the Jedi Temple. He was following the fifteen year old padawan who had told him that the Council had summoned him.

?Fifteen,? he thought, ?the same age of Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan, the thought of that name brought fresh tears to his eyes. He spent everyday of the past two years just thinking about him. He had a tough life, but this had to be the hardest. First he had lost his first Padawan to a mission gone wrong, then Xanatos turned to the dark side. He then went into a deep, dark depression for three years. Then came a turning point, he married his long time sweetheart Tahl, and they had a little boy together. A little boy with ginger hair, and ever changing eyes. The boy?s name was Benjamin Nuri-Luka Jinn. And he was taken away from him at the age of six months to live in the crèche. But before that Tahl died in childbirth. She never held their son. He wallowed back into his depression, until he was convinced by his former master, Yoda to take on a new Padawan. He wasn?t going to, until Bandomeer happened. He then took on Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was with him for six months until his stubbornness and other factors drove him away.

Qui-Gon wondered if there was something wrong with him. Everyone he had ever loved had either died, been taken away from him, or ran away from him. He thought many times of just ending it all then and there, but something in the back of his mind told him otherwise. The council chambers came all too quickly for him. He stepped inside and surprisingly, there were only two masters there, Masters Windu and Yoda.

?Something we need to tell you Qui-Gon.? Master Yoda said.

?This may be hard for you to hear after so long, but something has come up that needs your attention.? Master Windu said.

?What could this be?? replied the solemn faced Jedi Master.

?Remember your son, Benjamin?? Master Windu asked. Qui-Gon nodded his head. ?Two years ago he was taken by a Master and six months later he ran away. No one here has heard from him or seen him since he left that day.? Mace continued.

?So what does this have to do with me? My son hasn?t been with me in fifteen years. I don?t know him and I want no part of him.? Qui-Gon replied sternly.

Master Yoda looked at his former Padawan. Years of tragedy hardened his once loving and carefree heart. He couldn?t believe that that came out of his padawans mouth. But Yoda couldn?t wait to see his Padawan?s reaction on the next part of the news. The news that might bring Yoda?s former padawan out of hiding.

?Qui-Gon, its not that simple. You know your son. A little better than you think. Your son has been spotted on a transport to the planet of Mayim. Your home planet, I believe.? Mace said.

?So what??

?Qui-Gon, I didn?t want to have to do this to you but, I?m going to come right out and say it,? Mace raised his voice a little. ?Your son, Benjamin, when he was taken from you was renamed Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you hadn?t been so stubborn you would have realized that Kenobi is your mother?s maiden name. And if you don?t get up right now, your son is about to meet the King and Queen of Mayim, your parents, his grandparents. And If I were you, I would be the one to tell him the truth, not them.?

Qui-Gon froze in time at that moment. He h
  3. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Obiwan the son the acutal son of QuiGon! Wow a different twist for sure and Obiwan the grandson of a King and Queen. This is a great post. I would not of thought of Obiwan being poor at math and stuff. So I love the twist. You have me for a reader.
  4. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Chapter 2

The boy once known as Obi-Wan Kenobi stepped off of the transport onto the planet of Mayim. Mayim was a planet that was half land and half water. A vast unconnected ocean that was called different things depending on where one was on land. Obi-Wan, through doing vast amounts of research and doing little jobs here and there found out that his mother was from Mayim. He had no clue where his father was from. He found no information on him. From what he could piece together from the Familiar Archives on Coruscant was that his mother?s name was Abrina, and she died giving birth from him. He had to go deep into the archives for all of the children taken to the Jedi or born into the Jedi had all of the familiar information taken into the archives immediately. But when Obi-Wan went looking, he couldn?t find his record. It was almost like he wasn?t born. He went digging and digging. Apparently there were no Kenobi?s in the Temple. He found all of his friend?s records. Garen was the son of lawyer on Corellia, Reeft, the son of a merchant, and Bant, the daughter of a Calamarian ship captain. But, as far as the records go, he didn?t exsist. He finally decided to do search based on his birthday. Many Jedi came up. He immediately eliminated anyone born a different year than him. Then he crossed out any non-humans, and any females. That left him with about fifteen names that could be his. One entry caught his eye. It simply said Benjamin, son of Abrina, the daughter of King Nuri and Queen Sarina of Mayim. This boy had to be him. He started to take jobs on the lower levels of Coruscant for food and a one-way ticket to Mayim. It took him fourteen months, but he finally had enough. He bought a ticket three days ago, and here he was. the planet of his mother?s birth.

The ship put him in the capital of Mayim, Okyanus, where the palace that his grandparents lived was. He gazed toward the massive palace. You couldn?t miss it. It was so gigantic. Obi-Wan knew that he couldn?t just go up to the King and Queen and say, ?Hi, I?m Ben, Abrina?s son.? He would surely be thrown in jail. He would have to work his way up, literally. He set off to find shelter?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn sat next to Mace Windu on a transport heading to Mayim. Qui-Gon was just staring out the window into hyperspace. He was silently hitting himself. How could he have seen it in the first place? Ben and Obi-Wan are one and the same. It explained why Yoda was pushing Obi-Wan onto him. It was the fact that Obi-Wan was his beloved son. All of his thoughts kept on going to that one little fact. Why didn?t he see it before? Now all of energy was making sure that Obi-Wan didn?t get to the King and Queen before he got to Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon himself was the one who ?fixed? Ben?s archive file. He made up Abrina. He made her the princess of Mayim. When in reality he was the Prince of Mayim. He eliminated himself from Ben?s birth certificate, and file. Now he was regretting it. He just hoped he hadn?t made a bigger mess, when in reality he was trying to protect his son, from himself he now realized. He thought when he originally did it, he thought he was protecting Ben from his parents, that they would want him to come home with Ben and rule Mayim with them. But he didn?t want that. He was a Jedi since the day when he was one that the Knight came and took him to the Temple. The King and Queen had no claim to him. He just had to make sure Obi-Wan sees that. He himself had only met his parents three times and all three times they wanted him to renounce his Jedi hood and come back to Mayim and be the Prince. The ship chose that moment to come out of Hyperspace and in the clearing was the blue planet of Mayim. Mace gave him a look of symphony.

?We?ll find him Qui, I promise you.? Mace said.

Qui-Gon nodded, but what neither Jedi knew at the time was that on the transport was some men who worked for the King?
  5. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Suspenseful post. I am feeling sorry for QG.
  6. Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Knight

star 2
    uuuh, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here... what a twist to the story, Obi being Jinn's son... hmmmmmmm, makes you think...

More?Soon?Please?
    :D
  7. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    poor qui, he must feel like hitting himself really hard right now.
  8. astraevirgo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really like your story. I can't wait to see what happens. Wee...
  9. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oooh, intriguing premise. :)

You'll continue working on this, hopefully, won't you? Please?

Thanks for sharing.
  10. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very promising and very, VERY interesting. :D

More soon!
  11. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would like to thank everyone who reviewed. Here?s a treat, the next chapter. No Obi though. Next chapter will be completely devoted to him.

Two of King Nuri?s Royal Honor Guards were sitting on the transport to Okyanus that Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu were on. One of them, Avram, recognized Qui-Gon immediately. He was an exact copy of His Majesty, just a little younger. Everything was the same, the same brown hair, the same beard and mustache, and the same ice-blue eyes that seemed to pierce through everything. Avram chuckled to himself. The last time the Prince had come home ensured chaos among His Majesty?s family and court. Everyone was trying to convince Qui-Gon to renounce his Jedi Hood. They had almost succeeded too. Lord Moshave (pronounced Moss Have); the King?s Royal Adviser was brainwashing the Prince. If it wasn?t for Avram contacting the Temple and having the female Jedi, Tahl come and rescue him, Moshave would have succeeded. Avram knew in his heart that he couldn?t tell King Nuri and Queen Sarina that their son was coming home; but duty was his duty. And his duty was to notify the King and Queen immediately if any ?visitors? came to visit Mayim?

Mace Windu stepped off the transport onto the water planet of Mayim. He looked around for the very first time at his best friend?s home planet. It was beautiful, it was hard to believe that his best friend to was the Prince of this beautiful planet. He reached out with the Force and felt all of the living organisms on the planet. It was overwhelming. There were so many species, human, nonhuman, and non intelligent species. But since the continents were so spread out, he couldn?t even begin to estimate how many species lived on the planet. His thoughts were interrupted when someone came running toward them.

?Lovely,? Qui-Gon said under his breath.

?What?? asked Master Windu.

?One of my father?s guards. Someone must have seen me on the transport and recognized me.?

?So what do we do?? Mace asked.

?Nothing. Ignore him.?

?Qui-Gon!?

?Now listen Mace, you may be on the Council, but were looking for my Padawan and my son here. I was also born here, and if I want to I can have you kicked off the planet.? Qui-Gon replied angrily.

?Qui-Gon!?? Mace replied again. He had never heard that tone of voice coming from Qui-Gon before.

Mace looked at Qui-Gon. His eyes looked like they were so far away. The man was getting closer and closer to them. Mace did the only thing that he could. He grabbed Qui-Gon and ran into the nearest door. It led into the Tourist Bureau. Qui-Gon wandered over to a kiosk. It was a time-line of the royal family. He followed it over the years. His family tree went back over a thousand years. He got to his grandfather and grandmother and to his parents the current rulers of Mayim. He saw a recent picture of himself on there. He didn?t put anything past Nuri and Sarina. They had spies watching his every move. But what shocked him most was a picture of Tahl, and next to their pictures was a picture of Obi-Wan/Ben which couldn?t be more than a few months old.

?M?.M?M?Mace!? Qui-Gon whispered.

?What?? he replied and looked up from the brochures he was collecting.

Qui-Gon gestured Mace over. He looked up, and dropped what he was holding. His mouth dropped open like a slot machine. He couldn?t bring himself to speak what both men were thinking. Are we too late?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won?t be able to post tomorrow, but I?ll post on Sunday. Homecoming!!!!!!

12. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Heh, nice twist. :) I can't wait to see tomorrow's post. And have fun at homecoming.
  14. Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Knight

star 2
    absolutely wondeful..... waiting eagerly for the next post...
  15. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wonder if Obi saw that? ?[face_plain]
  16. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I?m glad everyone likes this story. I?m having a lot of fun writing it. I would also like to thank all the people who e-mailed me. Homecoming was soooo much fun. We won the football game! In honor of the victory, I?ll give you all tomorrow?s post tonight.

A ginger-haired fifteen year old boy walked along Oykanus?s harbor area. It was so peaceful. He thought that he could stay there forever. He reached out with the Force and felt all the life forms on the planet. It was so overwhelming. There was so much life on this planet. There was one presence however that screamed out to him. It was coming from a place not to far from him. Curiously, he followed it and came across the tightest shields that he had ever found in a mind. He dismissed it as being someone who couldn?t feel the Force.

He soon found himself in front of one of the major docks in the harbor area. He looked around and saw many boats docked, but what was puzzling was one whole side of the dock was empty. He looked out to sea, and saw at least 100 boats coming in. The boats couldn?t all fit on the one small side of the dock, could they? He watched as the boats slowly came in. He was so engrossed in the docking that he failed to see the two men sneak up from behind him.

?Benjamin Jinn?? one of the men asked.

The boy once known as Obi-Wan Kenobi turned around. He gave the man a funny look.

?So, Carlton, we?ve got a little renegade prince here.?

?Your right, Sampbell, what should we do to him??

?This.?

Obi-Wan gasped as Sampbell hit him in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan awoke to find himself in a cell of some sort. It was a small cell, with only a stone cot, and an open refresher. He groaned. He was so close to finding ?home? and then he got himself into this fine mess. He had no idea why the two men, Sampton, and Carbell or something like that would just abduct a poor boy like him. He did remember what one said to him though. He called him Benjamin Jinn. Now that was, that was, he didn?t know what that was. He knew that he was born Benjamin, and he was the grandson of the King and Queen of Mayim, and his mother?s name. But other than that, he knew nothing. Was Jinn the last name of Nuri and Sarina? And if so, were they any relation to his former master? He didn?t know. The only thing he did know was that he was absolutely starving. He hadn?t eaten a thing since leaving Coruscant. Would they feed him? He didn?t know, and come to think of it, he really didn?t care. Maybe it was better off this way. Maybe he just starve himself into oblivion.

?Now, none of those thoughts, Benjamin, or should I call you Obi-Wan?? a voice said.

Obi-Wan looked behind him. One of his abductors was standing behind him.

?How did you read my thoughts?? Obi-Wan asked. ?Your, your Force sensitive!? he realized suddenly.

?Good observation, my little prince.?

?I?m not your little anything!? Obi-Wan raised his voice a little.

?Yes, you are, you?re the King and Queen?s long-lost grandson.?

?How, how did you know that?? Obi-Wan asked. There was something that he was missing. Something important. The Force was trying to tell him but he couldn?t understand what it was trying to say.

?Well perhaps I should formally introduce myself. My name is Carlton Jinn. The youngest son of King Nuri and Queen Sarina; and the younger brother of Qui-Gon Jinn, the crown prince of Mayim, and your uncle.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought I would leave it there. Did I surprise anybody?
  17. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    ooooo. Qui has a brother, who has a grudge against him? Obi is sure to be shocked.

can we have longer posts? please? :D :) ;)

wait a sec, if Qui's brother is Force sensitive then why hasn't he been trained to be a Jedi? *smirks* ah, i see. ;) nice twist.

ZOINKS!!!!

More soon please. :D :D :D :D
  18. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ill post the next chapter tomorrow, and it will have major qui angst.
  20. Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Knight

star 2
  21. astraevirgo Jedi Knight

star 1
    ::giggles happily:: I like this story. It makes me happy. I can't wait to read more -- I love court intrique stories. I'm just cool like that.

Can't wait to read more, (Oh, wait, I said that all ready...) so Write on!
  22. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    You got me hooked! :D
    More please! [face_beg]
  23. Angel5000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh I'm hooked!!! More please! more!
  24. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no Obiwan caught by QG's brother. And that brother dares to tell Obiwan about QG before QG does. [face_shocked] Just let me tell that brother of QG a thing or two. ;)

I am hooked to your story for sure.
  25. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Excellent chapter--snappy, direct, unexpected (at least by me!). I like this story. :)

Qui Angst, eh? I'm looking forward to it: perhaps it's all the negative karma from his Bucketheaded deeds in other opi. :p I wonder what's going thru Obi-Wan's mind though, whether he (mistakenly) believes that Qui-Gon didn't just find him unsuitable as a padawan but rejected him as a son as well. Many layers to this story. Yay!

And congrats on your victory. I remember my HS freshman year, how my school's team didn't even *score* until the final game of the season, and by that time the marching band had forgotten how to play the school song.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.