main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX LITTLE DETAILS

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by thx1067, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I've only seen ROTS three times. It wasn't till the third time that I noticed little details that I'd completely missed. This thread is dedicated to the profound observations made by our own dedicated members in search for clarity, understanding and enlightenment while watching the movie (not using the book as a reference!).

So, I will begin with something really obvious, but that just completely escaped me due to the emotion during my first two viewings.

Setting: Mustafar.

Scene: Anakin standing on the terrace overlooking the lava flow.

THE LITTLE DETAIL: The small impacts upon the forcefield that protects the installation from exploding lava rocks.

It suddenly occurred to me WHY the entire facility succumbs to the lava. The forcefield control panel is damaged in the fight sequence.

Originally, I thought that the fight scene in the control room damaged a control panel that SOMEHOW caused the lava flow to become more explosive. Don't ask me about that logic (or lack thereof) but I didn't understand what was causing the lava to suddenly explode onto the facility causing it to disintegrate beneath their feet. That little detail had escaped me and suddenly all was made clear! I was soo excited!

Yepeee!

-Brent

2. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Good topic Old Man. My little deatail is not so much a little detail as it is an eerie revelation. Anakin used his blue lightsaber after he was christened Darth Vader. So, when Ben gives Luke the lightsaber that his father wanted hom to have, it was lightsaber that sliced Dooku up, cut off Mace's hand, and killed the younglings. It gives me a shudder now when I watch Episode IV.
    -Ian

3. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    And if you follow the EU, it's also the lightsaber Luke passes on to Mara Jade.

4. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    It is, but only after it is recovered from his evil clone Luuke Skywalker after Mara kills him. That lightsaber has a serious history. A ton of limbs and torsos have been cleaved with it.

What blows my mind is that Artoo knew about everything Anakin did and had to keep all the info about Luke, Leia, & Padme completely secret. Man, I couldn't do that. In the current paperback series, Artoo is starting to lose it because he has held the secrets for so long. More than 50 years now. WOW.

5. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Is there a chance that R2 has a recording of Anakin choking Padme and the duel on Mustafar. That would be a dramatic moment if Luke found that.

6. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I'm only on the second book of the Swarm War series. So far Luke has seen the recording Artoo has of Padme and Anakin talking about Obi-Wan and her being pregnant. I'm sure that by the third book something to that effect will happen. Don't forget that Luke and Leia are like 50 years old now and still don't know who their mother was. The info Luke is getting from Artoo is kinda shocking to him. I imagine that when he finds out what Anakin did to Padme he's gonna have a Jedi freak-out.

7. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Dude !!! - keep us posted Mars. . .

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    For sure my man, for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.