main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Little info needed on a Dark Empire...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Baron-Noir, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron-Noir

Baron-Noir Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005

Where the Emperor took his Holocron ?

(For a fic, I plan to tell that he found it on...Telos...Is it possible ?)

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It belonged to Bodo Bass, who lived centuries ago. The same exotic alien to Vodo Siosk-Bass, whose name some else can recall and provide.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Palpatine acquired it from the Jedi Master Ashka Boda, whom Palpatine kills during the purge years.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    He took it from Ashka Boda who was the keeper of the holocron at the time of the purge. Bodo Baas was the current gatekeeper of the holocron, his ancestor Vodo-Siosk Baas was a previous gatekeeper. From what I've learned from the Tales of the Jedi Companion, Dark Lords of the Sith, the Dark Empire series, and some of the Essential Guides, it looks like the following Jedi have been keepers of the holocron we see in Dark Empire:

• Master Ood Bnar (may have been the original owner and builder, first gatekeeper)

• Master Arca Jeth

• Master Thon

• Master Vodo-Siosk Baas (known gatekeeper

• Master Bodo Baas (most recent gatekeeper)

• Ashka Boda

• Palpatine

• Leia Organa Solo

• Master Luke Skywalker

5. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Atris is the hottest holocron owner by far...well, if you judge solely by the Art on the game's website. She's not to happening in the game.

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Knight -- i would imagine that there are multiple holocrons with multiple gatekeepers.. so while we know the holo that went baas-boda-palpatine-leia-luke, we don't know if it is the same one that Thon owned.

7. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    How was it Ashka Boda survived the purge? Wouldnt you think that once palpy found out about Ossus, which theres no question about that he knew, would go to it and destroy the untrained jedi on it? Kinda odd wouldnt you say...

8. Baron-Noir

Baron-Noir Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    The problem is that it's stated that the possessor of the Holocron teached at Dantooine ! And I'm almost sure that one of the Jedi Masters of Dantooine in KOTOR have that name, altought he is not crab-like.

(When I say TELOS, it's for saying that Atris had snatched an holocron from Dantooine)

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    How was it Ashka Boda survived the purge? Wouldnt you think that once palpy found out about Ossus, which theres no question about that he knew, would go to it and destroy the untrained jedi on it? Kinda odd wouldnt you say...

Ashka Boda didn't survive the Purge. Palpatine took the holocron and killed him. Just because he had the holocron doesn't mean that it gave him all its secrets, including Ossus, so easily. I would imagine that a Jedi holocron is designed to be rather useless except to Jedi... and it might have taken Palpatine quite some time to convince the gatekeeper to tell him anything.

Or it could be that he did go to Ossus once, and destroyed some of the natives, but didn't get them all... or felt that simply removing all reference to Ossus or its location would keep most people from finding out about it and contacting the force-filled inhabitants. (or setting up an interdiction zone for the planet) Remember that palpatine did not destroy the force-using witches of dathomir, but merely kept them stuck on their own world.

i don't think palpatine would destroy ossus without first looting all the jedi knowledge he could find from it, and perhaps he didn't have time to do so thoroughly and felt that he could always do so later (ie there was no rush to keep the knowledge of Ossus out of people's hands)

so either, he didn't know about Ossus, or he knew about it and did nothing we could detect from Dark Empire.

10. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Does anyone know even what species Ashka Boda is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.