main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Little moment in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KennethMorgan, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    The eye!sex between Anakin and Padmé in Jabba's throne room. One of my friends pointed out her sultry tone of voice while she was speaking to Anakin. Let's hope Ahsoka wasn't paying attention [face_whistling].

The clonetrooper's helmet that got blown off.

The Kung Fu Klonetrooper.

The look Ahsoka gives Anakin when she sets off the detonators.

"Master Skywalker says he doesn't want to talk about it."

Anakin quoting Qui-Gon as "a wise Jedi."

Asajj tossing her skirt at Obi-Wan :eek:.

All of those fancy camera angles during the assault on Teth.

The Twi'lek pinup painted on the side of the transport.

Rotta's mewling.

Anakin telling Ahsoka she'd never make it as Obi-Wan's apprentice but could as Anakin's.

--MissPadme

Pabawan picked up on a good one that I forgot to list. I caught the R2-KT the first time and thought, "Oh, cool!" Nice nod to Katie Johnson.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I didn't pick up on R2-KT. Where was it?

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    how can you miss a pink astromech? :p

4. StinkyRotta

StinkyRotta Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    Seriously. The pink droid stood out like a sore thumb! :p

IIRC, it was during a planning meeting just before Anakin and company went down to Teth.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I liked when the Battle Droid said "Good job boys." to the Dwarf Spider Droids, and the one squeaks and shakes it's head.

I also loved the shot with the Super Battle Droid shooting the clone at point blank range after he runs up and hits it.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I forgot to mention General Whorm Loathsom's chicken/ bunny droid helper. Especially how he flipped his ears to attached the hologram to them.

7. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    actually, I hate that.... thing. Almost as much as the midwife droid in RotS, but at least the piggy droid is (almost?) silent.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    5 random things that come to mind that no one's mentioned yet:

The Sergeant Droid: The sergeant who fell off the cliff... while I figure he was suppose to say "Oh my gosh!", the last word was cut off when the rocks and whatnot fell on him, turning it into an almost certain "OMG!" And I'd say that definitely got the biggest laugh from the audience at my theater, who otherwise didn't so much as chuckle for much else aside from Ziro's intro.

The fleeing Jawas: The little guys running from the Twilight. Classic Jawa moment.

The Resolute docking bay disaster: When Anakin was trying to enter the Resolute with the Twilight and the docking bays were partially blown away... for some reason I thought that shot of the controllers working at their desks right up to the last moment was particularly well executed. If the space battles in the show are similar, I can't wait. :D

The green crystal-buildings: I noticed for the first time watching the film (as opposed to online photos) that you can actually see through the crystals on the buildings, to the surface underneath them. Cool artistic touch.

Obi-Wan's promiscuity: Okay, I can see some playful flirting with Ventress, but Loathsom? That was definitely a sketchy wink he gave him over the tabletop.

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm pretty sure he was hit by his own binoculars.

Yeah, that was great.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Dooku telling Anakin, "Your training has improved, boy" (or whatever), which I believe was a line originally cut from ROTS.

The battle droid sergeant telling the other one "Sector 1137....182" ("Sector 1137....what?) Nice way to pull out of the usual "1138".

Obi-Wan "Anakin, have you been shot down again?"
    Ahsoka (jumping in): "Yes!"

Obi-Wan splitting Ventress' saberstaff, a la Maul in TPM.

Ventress with her little wrist remote calling the droid fighter reminded me of Green Goblin for some reason.

11. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Here's a few:

http://www.starwars.com/kids/read/cwspotter20080822.html

:)

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    COOL, I didn't notice hardly any of that.

Poor little bunny droid. :(

13. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Wow, I didn't notice half that stuff. Those uncloaked senate guards are so freakin cool!

14. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    awesome, the frickin' bunny is trash!

15. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    What's awesome about that? :eek:

16. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Wullf has worked with Anakin for "decades" as of ANH? Interesting...

17. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I wonder if he knows Anakin is Vader?

18. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    That's great. I can't wait for the weekly series, so I can record it and check for all the freeze-frame gags.

19. ChrisMathers

ChrisMathers Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    I for one thought it was awesome to see Yularen for the first time in 31 years.

Anything to do with the clones. Whenever you see one go down, it kinda hits you, you know. Like that one that stood up to lead the charge and got a discount haircut. And the one that busted his arm on a droid's face and took a shot. And the one blasted out of the AT-TE turret. And the one held up by the SBD and gutshot. And the scene where those clone noncom officers in the hangar bay got blown up. And you sympathize with them because even when they're not getting killed, they have it rough. Their helmets don't protect their ears from their artillery cannons and they have to use their rifles for crutches (although to be fair the rifle they use looks like it would make a pretty good crutch in a pinch.)

And the droids too. Everything they did or said conveyed stupidity in the extreme. "What happened the shield?" "Outnumbered? Wait, one, two..." "Good shot, boy!" and the spider droid kinda barks like a happy dog. "Count Dooku demands a report. Shall I tell him you let the Jedi get away?" and gets shoved off the cliff. The best part though was the interaction between the commander and the sergeant. Despite falling off the cliff and getting the sector number mixed up, the sergeant seemed like the smarter droid...although I gotta admit, it was funnier than anything I'd seen in Star Wars before when the commander grabbed the sergeant's head, pointed, and said "Just fire right there!"

20. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Thats the bit where the droid, as he's falling off the cliff to his doom screams "Why!!!?!?!?!"

Isurus

21. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Not just the Jawa's fleeing the crash, but every other bit they're on screen... Classic Jawa goodness...

22. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Dooku's co-pilot droid. Don't know why, but he seemed so helpful and loyal to the evil Dooku that I enjoyed him in AOTC. And I also liked the way he talked. Glad to see him back.

Does anyone know if my fav. separatis Wat Tambor will be showing up anytime soon?

23. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I love a lot of these moments that have already been mentioned, but there also was the super cool bit where Anakin and co. are trying to get into the building under a closing blast door. He just drops to the ground and... slides back. That jumped out at me as one the most awesome moves I've ever seen a Force user pull off. Reminded me of when a tumbling Darth Vader bounced off his lightsaber!

24. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Actually I love the continuity thru all the films of ObiWan's real nice guy image. He is so cheerful in the worse situations. I love it.

My darling to ventress and others

I bet he was so much more of a favorite then Windu amongst the female jedi.

25. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    One shot I thought was really cool was the approach of the droid speeders while Anakin, Ahsoka, and the clones are attempting to ascend to the monastery. It was a good shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.