main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Little moment in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KennethMorgan, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I also liked the little (albeit way too brief as usual) moment between Anakin and Padme over the hologram. One of the major flaws with the prequels in my opinion, was that it didn't really explore the depth of the relationship between these two. Let's face it, this is probably THE most important relationship in all of Star Wars-ism and we get to see so little of it. I hope they show more of them together in the TV series.

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008

It's important, I feel like AOTC was the moment for that relationship to shine, but it fell flat. ROTS did a good job with injecting some spark and real emotion into it, but I'll be honest I'm hesitant to see too much of it. Especially if it's going to be along the lines of AOTC or too "kiddy oriented."

In the movie, the silent, longing look between them was enough for me.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It worked surprisingly well in TCW, and my friend commented it's odd there was more chemistry between 2 cartoon representations of the characters than the actual film actors themselves. 8-}

One of the reasons it felt flat in AOTC is because it was forced; I know I've beat this dead horse before, but having them meet in TPM when Anakin was a child really left 1 film for them to meet and fall in love, because we all know things were going sideways in ROTS....

Another little moment I picked up on in my 2nd viewing: when Anakin, Ahsoka and the troops seal themselves in the Bo'marr monastery. Anakin says "our mandate is to stay here and protect the Huttlet"; Ahsoka says "our mandate is to get him back to Tatooine".

Great reflection of the Obi-Wan/Anakin argument at the beginning of AOTC with respect to Padme's safety, including the use of the word "Mandate"; I love the fact that this time, Anakin is bringing up the "mandate" first. [face_laugh]

4. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Not sure if I was being clear. I meant in the TCW movie the hologram interaction worked really well for me. None of this awkward sand dialogue, which was made far worse by Portman's sudden "NO!" and the music cutting out like that in AOTC. Most of the audience laughed at that.

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree that the animated representations of Anakin and Padme (both the Cartoon Network series and the new movie) have much more chemistry than the live characters. I also believe this was the writing and the directing, and not due to the actors (well, maybe Natalie, but Hayden has alot of passion in him). The scene in ROTS where they are reunited for the first time behind the senate pillar was probably my favorite scene for them. Anakin was even daring to get a little naughty and passionate, and I think THAT'S what their relationship is really about...not the awful "I hope this kiss doesn't become a scar" dribble.

6. TheGallifreianSith

TheGallifreianSith Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2008

- Most of the Anakin and Ahoska scenes had a great chemistry.

- The news reel opening had a Star Wars feel but was something new as well.

7. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    thats probably why she likes him in the first place.

lets face it, between Obi Wan and Anakin, Anakin is the bad guy the girls go for and Obi Wan is the nice guy to have around.

8. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Not trying to defend the handling of the entire Anakin/Padme relationship in episode 2...

But, I'm pretty sure the moment you refer to is supposed to be humorous in an awkward sort of way. Her quick change of heart (being indecisive), Anakin's awkward and confused look, and the orchestra just stopping (the SW equivalent of the record scratch). I think that's what they're going for.

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yup. The relationship was awkward.
    Those two never really had the time to have relationships growing up.
    Padmé was a Queen at 14, which means she probably never had much time of her own to do anything fun (apart from smootching with an artist once). Anakin grew up into a hard life of training.

Anyway, BACK ON TOPIC!

I really like that they showed the STAPs making a long turn in the distance for another attack.

10. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I didn't get that at all. And if that was the case, I don't think it worked well.

11. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I didn't see anyone else post on this, but am I mistaken that Ani is wearing the same style of battle armor that he would later wear as Vader (minus the insignia on the shoulder guards)? Nice bit of continuity, if true.

I also noticed that Ventriss now has eyes with pupils, rather than the "cowled Batman" look she had in the original series. Personally, I thought the original look gave her a more creepy appearance, but I'm not all broken up over it.

12. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Did anyone notice... they used the Wilhelm!!

13. ThePriminister

ThePriminister Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    During the opening battle, and the camera panned up slowly revealing Anakin, all determined and with a bunch of Clones behind him, and he says, "Follow me" and jumps off the cliff, that actually gave me chills. It was just so cool!

And yes I noticed the Whilhelm scream too.

14. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Basil Fawlty serving in the Republic Navy... whoops, I meant Admiral Yularen! I thought that was good; a nice link to the original trilogy.

EDIT - Listening to the soundtrack, it seems his motif/theme is a variation on "Lando's Palace" of ESB...

15. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    "Lemme show you how it works, clanker."

Not only did that scene turn into a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Rex, but it was also a nice continuity nod to Republic Commando, where Delta Squad used the same term for droids.

16. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    I liked the very beginning, where during the Lucasfilm logo
    you can hear clones chattering and battle sounds. Nice touch.
    Also, Ahsoka holding off Ventress in the monastary, a better
    choice than having her and Anakin fly away just before Assaj
    gets through the door.

17. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    The Twilight seems to have the same control system as Padme's ship in AOTC: a bunch of red buttons in a row, and only the one on the far right does anything (and everything).

18. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
  19. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    Ashoka, looking at the Twilight for the first time: "We'd be better off taking that big bug." That was a cute line, and I actually laughed out loud.

The anguish Anakin feels when he realizes he can't go back to help his troops at the monastery, and Rex's response that the mission comes first. It seemed to me that this embodied the way we all wish we were -- able to make the hard decision(Anakin) and courageous enough to accept those decisions without becoming discouraged (Rex).

It is hard to imagine Anakin turning into Vader when he's a pretty noble guy in TCW movie.

20. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Best moment in the movie:
    ...uh...I haven't watched the movie for a while xD xD xD
    ..Oh wait!
    -Definitely when Asajj threw her skirt at Obi. Me and my sister always say, "She's a stripper!" every time we see that scene XD

Best moment in the TV show:
    -When Rex caught Ahsoka in his arms when she fainted during Mystery of a Thousand Moons

21. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    So this can include the series?

If so, I'd say the silent staredown between Dooku and Grievous.

22. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    My favourite scenes? They're both in Lair of Grievous.

-Doctor Droid takes off the General's mask for repairs, a tortured moan can be heard behind the mask
    -Kit Fisto and co find the statues of Qymaen the Conqueror

23. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Too many nice little moments in the show to choose just one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.