main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Little Moments - J/K

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Eowyn_Jade, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    This is based on the song by Brad Paisley called "Little Moments Like That". This story is basically a little look into the life of Jaina and Kyp as a married couple. Reveiw and tell me what you think. I'm thinking of doing a little series of these short shots.

Though this may seem slightly cheesy and it will be a cold day on Tattoine when there is a guy found who is as sweet as Kyp is in this story, let me dream alright 8-}

For reference, anything this thing --*-- is there, it's a totally different scene, no connections to the cene before or after it.

--*--

Little Moments
    by Eowyn Jade

Kyp was trying hard, he really was. He had to give himself some credit as he hadn?t reached forward to grab the controls away from her yet. But at the rate she was going, he could sense that he was going to regret his decision.

It wasn?t that he didn?t trust his wife, or think she wasn?t a good enough pilot. In fact, she was probably one of the best pilots around, not including him, of course. But then, Kiley, their daughter, though only 3 years old, often reminded Kyp that her mother had beat him several times during sim runs. But that didn?t mean much. Besides, she was just a Solo.

Sure enough, a few seconds later a loud crunch was heard and Kyp forced himself not to cry out as the speeder jerked forward and he heard Kiley give a little cry in the back seat. Kyp clenched his eyes shot and forced himself to calm down so he wouldn?t get angry before he knew the extent of the damage, then he could get mad.

Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard,
    That pretty mouth say that dirty word,
    And I can't even remember now,
    What she backed my truck into,

He raised his eyebrows and turned slowly to face his wife who was currently in the drivers seat. When his eyes finally found her she was still facing to the front and she had a very shocked expression on her face. Kyp opened him mouth to tease her, but she beat him to it.

?Shavit??

Thankfully she didn?t say it too loud but Kiley, the ever inquisitive Durron that she was, perked her head up at that word.

Jaina Solo Durron?s eyes went wide and her hand flew up to her mouth. Her eyes darted over to Kyp and he saw that blush rush up to her face. They had both made an agreement before Kiley was born that they would try to not corrupt their child to early in life, but when you get Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron involved in the same child, the chances of an agreement like that actually lasting are not very high.

Remarkably, though, Kyp was surprised to find that he wasn?t mad. Sure, Jaina had just wreaked his new speeder, the best on you could buy. And sure, Jaina had just started the corruption of their 3 year old, but?

Kyp decided that she looked absolutely adorable as she sat their, frozen at the horror she had just managed to curse and crash in the space of a few moments.

But she covered her mouth and her face got red
    And she just looked so darn cute,
    That I couldn't even act like I was mad,
    Yeah I live for little moments like that

Jaina, hand still clasped over her mouth, finally turned to look at Kyp full on. He could sense her as she braced for his anger. Kyp couldn?t help it.

He laughed out loud as he saw her red face, and she turned even redder as he continued laughing.

Kiley, still a little oblivious as to what was going on, sooned joined in with the laughter and they both didn?t stop for a long, long time.

--*--

Walking into their apartment, the first thing Kyp noticed was that Jaina had indeed remembered his birthday. Either that or Kiley had remembered and Jaina was trying to act like she had as well. Kyp didn?t actually know the exact day he was born, so upon their marriage, Jaina had insisted that he choose a date that they could celebrate on. Five years and running, she had managed to forget every year until the last minute.

It seemed like she was trying to make it up to him. He found out from Wedge that morning that Jaina had requested the entire day off, which Ky

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh this was so beautiful Eowyn! I loved it. :)

~~Jilly

3. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Nice oneposter

4. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Thanks guys :)

EJ

5. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    one word AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

6. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute

Jez

7. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Thats one of my favorite songs! And this is now one of my favorite song fics! Soooooo sweet! :D

8. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    Awh, I love that song. Nice job! :D

9. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Thanks!

EJ

10. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
  11. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Apologies for being late again :p I read this like, a day or two ago but never got the chance to reply, so yeah.

Anyhoo, luuuuuuved it. Loved it, loved it. Excellent stuff. It's kinda like looking (or reading, rather, lol) at snapshots of Kyp and Jaina's life together. I don't think there are many one posters which describe how their marriage could be like, so I'm glad you put this up!

Do we get that sequel to "Practice" now? :D

Yeah, I'm not very subtle, am I? lol.

--Den

12. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    thanks Den...btw..practice is updated...as if you din't know by now 8-}

EJ

13. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Very sweet!