main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Little Random Drabbles - Week 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Liesl, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Title: Little Random Drabbles
    Author: Liesl
    Timeframe: Likely to span anywhere from during the PT to the OT.
    Characters: It'll vary from week to week.
    Summary: My response to the Drabble Challenge.
    Notes: Random drabbles, dead ahead. Read at your own risk. ;)

[b]Week 1: 7-7-06[/b]

[b]Beginnings[/b]

There?s a saying that beginning something is half the battle. Well, this Wookiee is having trouble finding the right words to describe what is wrong with Han. Ever since he dumped Jabba?s last order of spice, he?s been acting like a Gundark. He even agreed to take some old man and a ?wet-nosed kid? to Alderaan, just for the money. I guess that shouldn?t surprise me, but it does. When we usually take jobs, we only transport money and cargo, never people. At least, not on purpose, like that one time. I can?t help but dread how he?ll act later.

[b]Middles[/b]

Alderaan?s gone. The Empire blew it up. It?s hard for me ? [i]anyone[/i], I imagine ? to completely wrap his or her mind around the fact that a whole planet is gone. An e[i]ntire[/i] planet obliterated. The poor princess from Alderaan. She?s the one that fresh-faced kid and the old man ? Ben ? wanted to rescue. All of her family is gone, her home gone ? everything [i]gone[/i].

To add to the devastation is that Darth Vader killed Ben. No one?s taking it harder than that kid, Luke. We?re in the middle of an escalating war, and there?s no sign of it ending soon.

[b]Ends[/b]

No more smuggling spice for Han and me. Personally, I?m glad. Now, since Han helped Luke destroy the Death Star, we?re assisting the Rebel Alliance.

So it?s not official. Han Solo would never officially commit to any cause. Official or not, we still get to see Luke and Princess Leia. Luke is also planning to train to become a Jedi Knight.

It?s not really the end of our career together. It?s an opportunity for us to work for a better future for the galaxy.

And, I suspect, for Han to get closer to the princess, though he?d never admit that.

[b]First[/b]

Han, Luke, Princess Leia, and I went on our first mission for the Alliance. For the most part, it went smoothly. We received the information needed and traveling went easy enough. It?s just that Han and Princess Leia had a minor disagreement?followed by another. And another and another and another. It was the first of many oral altercations. They?re quite funny to listen to, actually. The fights are always about something trivial, like the refresher seat being left up.

Luke and I are calling their verbal spats ?lovers? quarrels.?

But only when Han and Princess Leia aren?t within hearing range.

[b]Last[/b]

Han has declared today our last day with the Rebel base. I don?t know if I believe it, because he?s said that in the past, but we never leave. It?s going to be hard leaving, especially for Han. He and Luke are like brothers to each other.

Then there?s the princess. More than anything, Han doesn?t want to leave her. He says we have to leave to earn money for Jabba. That?s true, but the main reason is he?s afraid of endangering Princess Leia while on a mission.

He?s going soft. But I think I like this side of him.

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I Love all the drabble threads popping up, even though I don't have the time to get to all of them I want

I loved that you went through the OT, for your drabbles, and I still think of Alderaan blowing up and want to cry.

I will try to get back to your thread in the future, but don't worry it is your writing or thougts if it takes me a while.. just that DRL thing. :)

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Oooh! Chewie! I like how you showed it from his perspective. Well done. :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sweet and unigue iece with using Chewie's POV. Love all his musing's, especially on his good friend Han.

I llok forward to more.

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent drabble, liesl.

Ends is my personal favorite.

So it?s not official. Han Solo would never officially commit to any cause. Official or not, we still get to see Luke and Princess Leia. Luke is also planning to train to become a Jedi Knight.

I like chewbacca's voice in all of them, but I like his bachanded comments about han, here. Han would never "officially" commit to any cause. Great job!

Lasts was good as well. Chewie explaining why they probably wouldn't leave this time either.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely wonderful! Loved seeing Chewie's POV.

Han has declared today our last day with the Rebel base. I don?t know if I believe it, because he?s said that in the past, but we never leave. It?s going to be hard leaving, especially for Han. He and Luke are like brothers to each other.

Then there?s the princess. More than anything, Han doesn?t want to leave her. He says we have to leave to earn money for Jabba. That?s true, but the main reason is he?s afraid of endangering Princess Leia while on a mission.

He?s going soft. But I think I like this side of him.

That was my favorite! =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

very nice look into Chewbacca's thoughts.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Woo Hoo you finally got one up! Great job Padawan! Chewie is a character seldom tapped into and seeing the OT through his eyes was quite unique. I too loved his last line=D= =D=

9. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    That was great!!!!I enjoyed it. I'd like to see more.=D=

10. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Chewie! What a wonderful choice of perspective! Great job and welcome to the drabble challenge.

11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Great stuff Liesl, everyone loves Chewie and you've given him a voice.

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Woot Chewie! Gotta love the Wookiee!

13. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Oooh, I've never seen anything from Chewie's POV yet. And what wonderful drabbles they were. :D

Han, Luke, Princess Leia, and I went on our first mission for the Alliance. For the most part, it went smoothly. We received the information needed and traveling went easy enough. It?s just that Han and Princess Leia had a minor disagreement?followed by another. And another and another and another. It was the first of many oral altercations. They?re quite funny to listen to, actually. The fights are always about something trivial, like the refresher seat being left up.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That one was great.

E[face_good_luck]C

14. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    A very nice set of Drabbles. I really enjoyed Chewies point of view.

15. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Yay, someone else who's starting late like me! :p

I loved the idea of writing from Chewie's perspective. It puts a whole new spin on things.

[face_laugh] I love that line!

Great job on Week 1!

Aniakera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.