main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Little Wonders 'Ch 19!' (10/19) ~Jaina/Kyp/Solos/ect.~ ?Its the end." ~ Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: Little Wonders
    Author(s): SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: (40 ABY)
    Characters: Jaina, Kyp, Zekk, Jagged, Jacen, Tahiri, Ben, Jysella, Valin, Han, Leia, Luke, Mara, ect?
    Genre: AU, drama, romance, angst, comedy, action and more ? implied: J/J & J/K
    Keywords: Surprises. Friendship. Family. Love.
    Link: There is a one-shot fic called When the Lights go Out which gives a look into how Jaina got herself into this mess in this fic.. check it out!

Summary:
    A single Jaina Solo finds herself paying for a one-night stand. She has an important decision to make. Stubbornly thinking she can do it alone, she tries to keep it hidden.

But eventually she has to ask herself if she can live up to this life changing predicament? Will she allow someone close enough to help. . ? Can Jaina learn that love is as much a strength as it is a weakness? Maybe, she?ll come to realise that it?s the small things in life, the unexpected and unplanned surprises, which can make us truly happy?

Notes: .. (No Legacy or Swarm War involved in this fic! None of those events happened. Just the Yuuzhan Vong War has taken place. - AU)

Little Wonders

Chapter 1
    Little Surprise, Big Shock

[13:45]
    Coruscant / Health Centre / Doctors Ward

She hadn?t been feeling well.

It didn?t seem important. Just an ordinary check-up: a few tests and scans, then a release with medication to sort everything out. All would be fine.

If that was so, then how come her palms were sweating so much? She had a sense of apprehension, she couldn?t pin point it, but something did not seem right.

Heavily, Jaina sighed as she waited in the small medical room. Doctor Neeson had exited with the tests. He would be back shortly. She knew he?d return quickly, but time appeared to be playing with her by dragging out the seconds. Ten minutes had passed and she was getting edgy. Very tense.

Just as she was about to get up and pace, the doctor entered. He gave a small reassuring smile, that did nothing to help her nerves.

He sat down and spoke positively,
    ?Jaina, I hope you weren?t waiting too long. I checked the tests twice. Everything seems to be normal, your results are fine. According to them, you?re perfectly healthy. Nothing has indicated any sign of illness. . .?

Bewildered, she replied,
    ?How?s that possible? There must be a mistake. I?ve felt ill on and off for the past two months. Something is not right, I can feel it.?

?Have you been very busy lately? Preoccupied with work?? He questioned curiously.

?What?s that got to do with anything??

There was a short awkward moment. Doctor Neeson looked at her knowingly, as if he suddenly understood. He pulled his chair up next to hers and gave her a frank look. He was about to tell her something important, and Jaina was dreading it.

?Please don?t get embarrassed, Miss Solo, but I have to ask. When was your last menstrual cycle??

?It was . . .? Jaina paused.

A sinking feeling twisted her stomach. Holy Gods! She couldn?t recall her last cycle. It should have been a month ago, or maybe sooner, or perhaps even before that. Her mind froze as it tried to recall any information.

?Miss Solo??

She glanced at the doctor. Frowning in confusion, she uttered,
    ?I d-don?t remember.?

Suddenly, Jaina felt breathless. With all the past conflicts in mind, none of them felt as scary as this moment. Sith and the Vong didn?t even come close. Faintness began to numb her into shock.

Shaking herself slightly, she tried to work it out. Speaking out loud as she did,
    ?I had to have had - I think it was about three months ago, roughly, or maybe two . . . But it?s fuzzy, I don?t remember exactly.?

?Miss Solo,? Doctor Neeson spoke in a patient tone, ?the tests came back positive about your good health. They also came back positive about something else. I have no other way to say it, so . . . Miss Solo, yo

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Great start, seriously. :cool:

Foremost question on my mind is, of course: who's the father? [face_thinking]

Would you PM me with updates, please? [face_batting]

=D=

Ceillean @};-

3. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    :D :D Great job. Can't wait for more, and just who could the father be? [face_thinking] :p
    Please add me to the PM list if you have one. [:D]

4. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Ceillean : Thanks so much. [face_blush] I know, I know, that's the main question here isn't it??? [face_thinking] But my lips are sealed. Or maybe even I don't know yet lol. [face_laugh] .. You're on the PM list. Cheers for checking this out. :)

jaina-Fett : So glad you enjoyed it, thanks for clicking. Can you guess the daddy? Lol. .. You're on the PM list too, thanks for asking, and reading of course. ;)

5. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Really good story! Just one question and it has nothing to do with your story but why is that Jaina is alwys the one who gets pregnate? Why is it never say Tahiri?

Please add me to the Pm list

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Raphire : Thanks for checking this out. Who says Tahiri isn't pregnant? Lol. I know what ya mean though...

I think Jaina is the one who ends up with the baby stories initially because she's the only Solo left to continue doing so. :)

The Legacy comics give alot of inspiration in this topic I think, in terms of Jaina/Jag's family tree. Its just more interesting to me to see an expanding family, rather than a dying one.. what do you think? [face_thinking]

Tahiri stories are always interesting, but you're right, not a lot of them show her as mother material, wonder why?

No probs, you'll be put on the PM list. ;) Thanks again for reading.

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Put me on the list, too.

Oh, how is Han going to react to all of this? And, of course, which of the above mentioned is the daddy? What a mess!

Update soon.

8. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Hmm...very interesting. Who could the father be?

Could you put me on the PM list please?

9. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Intriguing start.

Who could the father be?? I know who I'll be rooting for. :)

Please add me to you PM list.

10. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I'm like everyone else: who da baby daddeh?! :p
    A PM greatly appreciated [face_batting] . I can hardly browse the boards these days, and I'd ADORE getting to keep up with this thread.

love, marybeth

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    dm1 : Lol, Jaina was shocked so I think its safe to say both Han and the baby's father will be also![face_mischief] Thanks for clicking, you're on the list, and I'll be updating this weekend!

MiralukaJedi : You're on the list too. Thanks for asking. .. I know, who is the father? That's the only question here, isn't it...:p

Kailene : Thanks! [face_blush] You rooting for Jag??? (You too are on the list!)

JediBettyBug18 : Lol, I know everyone wants to know the daddy, but I really don't want to give it away too early.. :) I'll PM you too, thanks for checking this out! Nice to see ya again on the boards!;)

12. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Hey, Louise, I loved this...I'm lurk more than anything--when I have time to even stop by to read...but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed this...

May I have a PM...not sure how much I'll be able to keep up, but will try. I'm currently in the middle of rewrites and submitting my second novel.

[:D]

Sara

13. JediMaggyAnt

JediMaggyAnt Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2008
    EDIT: [Doh! I posted this with my sock! :oops: ]

14. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Who is the baby daddy?! :eek:

Well, I think we can safely rule out Ben, :p which leaves either Kyp, Zekk or Jag from the list above... hmmm... I'm not sure who I'd put my money on. Jaina did mention the father would want to do the "honourable" thing... I'm not sure that's really Kyp, so perhaps Jag or Zekk? :confused: I honestly have no idea, but would very much like to find out, so if you could please PM me when you update, that would be stellar. :D

Ant.

15. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Flowerlady : Hey FL! :) Been a long time, hope you're good! I'm lurking too now days, mostly, lol.. Congrats on the novel writing! (And sure I'll PM you.) Thanks for commenting, great to hear from ya! [:D] Hopefully catch ya later..

JediMaggyAnt : No probs! :p Lol.

Jedi-Ant : I can't say who the daddy is, but I do have my favourite guys I would like. Sure I'll PM ya. Thanks for taking a look at this!

16. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Oooohhhh! Intriguing... [face_thinking]

Well, all I can say is that I'm rooting for the dad to be Kyp! :D

Please add me to the PM list, I want to see where this is going!

~Celeste

17. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    And the question everyone is asking... *drum roll*
    "Who is the father?"
    lol, couldn't be left out ;)
    This is a great start to what looks to be a promising story =D=
    Put me on the pm list please?

18. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Awesome job! I can't wait to find out who the father is! [face_hypnotized]

Could you add me to the PM list please? I don't want to miss anything :D

19. Brown-Eyed_Girl

Brown-Eyed_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2009
    Looking interesting so far. Interested to see where this goes.

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    CelseteAntola : Glad you're interested! .. I like your choice in daddy btw ;) Sure, I'll add ya on the PM list. Thanks for clicking.

GlindaForJediCouncil : Lol, that is the main question, 'whose the daddy?' :p Cheers for taking a look at this. :) I'll add you to the PMs.

Oomia : Cheers, of course, I'll PM you with an update, which should be later tomorrow! Thanks for reading...

Eyed_Girl : Thanks for checking it out .. [face_blush]

21. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks to all who click/ lurk/ comment...

(Apologises for the wait...):)

Hope you enjoy!

[color=blue]Chapter 2
    Hide a Little, Trust a Little[/color]

[[u]09:38]
    Coruscant/ Jedi Temple/ Main Hangar Bay[/u]

As ordered Jaina Solo keyed in the secure code.

?. . . welcome back.? She comm-ed.

Wanting to give them a warm reception, Jaina left the small control room and went to stand at the top of the stairs.

Amused by their grand entrance, she shook her head with quiet laughter. Wearing a small smile she watched, as a couple of old friends and their entourage arrived.

Huge metallic doors that doubled as a wall, hissed and groaned as their enormous weight began to shift.

Before Jaina?s eyes, the opposing wall split into two and pulled apart.

One after the other XJ7 X-wings touched down. There was over twenty of them at least. The squadron had expanded, she noticed.

Expertly, they landed in arranged lines. Their engines hummed and droned a moment before finally shutting down. The pilots climbed out from their cockpits and congregated in the middle of the hangar.

Chatter echoed in the large chamber.

Most of these pilots were fresh blood. New, but nevertheless, extremely talented. It was a good mixture of young men, women, wookiee, sullustans, barabels, ryn, and even a Chiss male or two.

Through the group of ?newbies? as new pilots were sometimes dubbed, strolled the Leader of Rogue Squadron and his Lieutenant.

Casually, Jaina walked down the stairs to meet the pair.

Tugging off his helmet, the leader stopped before her and grinned handsomely,
    ?Well, well, Miss Solo, long time no fly, huh??

?Good to see you too, Ryan.?

The leader of Rogue Squadron was a confident man. Attractive, he was tall and athletic, a lady-killer in other words. He stuck out in a crowd, not just because of his boyish good looks, but because he walked, talked and oozed authority.

Ryan Mylam was a damn good pilot and leader, that Jaina had served with for a couple years.

Until last year, when she quit Rogue Squadron to focus on her Jedi duties; and also to help create and command her uncle?s new all-Jedi fighters team, Hardpoint Squadron.

Jaina had passed Rogue Squadron over to Ryan?s capable hands. But her leaving hadn?t just been about squadrons and Jedi obligations. There was more to the story than that.

By Ryan?s side, Lieutenant Syal Antilles joined the hello,
    ?Hey Jaina, it?s been a while. How you holding up??

?Not bad,? Jaina lied, moving forward to give her friend a brief hug. When they parted, she said happily, ?Your father and mother are going to be glad to have you home.?

?Give it a week and they?ll be trying to get rid of me.? The younger woman joked with genuine affection.

?So, am I gonna get a hug out of this reunion too?? Ryan teased.

?Of course.? Jaina whispered, as she held him close.

When the pair separated, they held eye contact a little longer. It had been months since they had seen each other, but it felt more like years.

His light green eyes gazed so intently into hers. They sparkled with something overwhelmingly potent. Something she remembered well, now that she stood before him once again.

Syal cleared her throat.

Both Ryan and Jaina glanced away awkwardly.

Regaining composure, Jaina spoke,
    ?Well then, I?m guessing you?ll want to get sorted and comfortable. Rooms have been made available for you, and your squadron, in the near hotel Bassilor.?

Together, the three friends began to walk out of the hangar bay.

?It?s very kind of your uncle to allow us to dock here.? Spoke Ryan absent-mindedly.

?Rogue Squadron is always welcome here, you know that, Ryan.?

Pulling a datapad from her trousers, Jaina handed it to Syal and explained,
    ?That has the details of your accommodation. And the up coming dates of the next few meetings. But they shouldn?t start for another two days, so there?s plenty of time to relax.?

Stopping by the door abruptly, Ryan

22. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I like Ryan already. :D I hope he'll have a bigger role later on. Positively adorable that man.

And...Jag's wife? Never expected him to marryy someone other than Jaina, honestly. :p

And Kyp's hurt! :_| But Jaina will be there to help him get better. I hope he's not too badly hurt. I wonder what happened, though?

Wonderful update!

So many questions...more soon? [face_batting]

23. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Lots more shocks and lots more questions. Nice stuff.

24. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    So let's see, Ryan is an ex [face_love] , Kyp is hurt, :( , and Jag is married and on Coruscant. [face_thinking] And Zekk has yet to make an appearance. Who could be the father. I don't think Jag, and it could be someone else.

I guess you will just have to update soon, because i have more questions than answers. :p :p :p

Looking forward to more.

25. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Oooh!!! This is intriguing.
    I have to know more!
    More, more I say. :D