main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Little Wonders 'Ch 19!' (10/19) ~Jaina/Kyp/Solos/ect.~ ?Its the end." ~ Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ahh Kyp is jealous!!!

That was a cute post though!

I love the doctor's reaction to them being able to sense the baby!!!

2. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nicely done. Good work!

3. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Neeson? Lol. I always thought Liam deserved a bigger part.

Love the story so far and Kyp is going to be great!

The two of them aren't the best match ever but I think they can make it work very well.

Kyp's reaction to the baby was really sweet.

Brava!

4. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Say it with me, now! 'AWWWWWW!'

[face_love] Fluffy moment-ish.

If only Durron didn't mention 'Sex' & 'Positions'. [face_laugh]

Awesome chapter. :)

5. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Aaawwww ! That was so sweet. [face_love]

6. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Another awesome story! Happy New Year, and may it bring more inspiration and plot bunnies. [face_mischief] UP! MORE PLEASE!

7. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Ceillean: I know, I always thought Durron would be a good daddy. Lol, that?s actually where I got the doctor?s surname from, Liam Neeson is a fav actor of mine, so I copied his name.[face_blush] Thanks for commenting!

Master_Jaina1011: You think he?s jealous too? We?ll find out more soon. Cheers for reading.

MiralukaJedi: Thanks! :) More soon?

Raphire: Lol, I know right, Liam Neeson didn?t get enough credit or screen time. Oh well?:p Couples aren?t perfect, no one is, that?s the idea, life ain?t perfect? but it?s what you make of it. Thanks again for clicking!

Goddess_At_Heart: Thanks, I was in the mood for mush. [face_love] Yeah but that?s Kyp for ya lol. Cheers!

Kailene: Thank you. [face_mischief] More shortly.

Sethathoryunet: You?re too kind. And a Happy New Year to you too.:D More plot bunnies coming very soon ? Cheers!

Many thanks![face_peace]

8. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Seems I'm always late to the party...

Another great chapter.

Keep it coming!

Sara

9. PalarasAndhek

PalarasAndhek Jedi Knight

Apr 20, 2010
    Quite frankly, this story is just adorable, and with the tentsion you've created in it, as well... I can't wait for more! Keep up the good work... and the major cuteness on Kyp's part :D

10. User11235

User11235 Jedi Padawan

Jan 8, 2011
    Mmmyeah... I concur with everything that's been said thus far. Fantastic fic... :D

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Flowerlady: No probs FL. :) Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. Hope you?re well. MTFBWY[face_peace]

PalarasAndhek: That?s a huge compliment, thank you so much. [face_batting] Good to know you?re enjoying this. More soon ?

Probie: [face_blush] You?re too kind. Thanks. More coming!

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

Here's another chapter of K/J-ness..
    Hope you enjoy. :)

[color=royalblue]Chapter 9
    For the First Time[/color]

Two weeks on . . .

[u][15:33]
    Coruscant/ Jedi Temple[/u]

?But Jaina ? what? Jay! Oh! Come on!?

Unceremoniously, Zekk was Force-flung out into the main corridor. His butt hit the floor hard. Groaning, he slid backwards into the wall. With a smack his head quipped against the concrete. And to finish, the office door in front of him hissed violently shut.

Crossing his arms with a huff, Zekk mumbled,
    ?Touchy.?

In the short silence, a deep voice echoed,
    ?What did you do??

Glimpsing up at the wiser man, Zekk shrugged a bit too innocently.
    ?Nothing, I swear.?

Wearing a quirked eyebrow, Kyp Durron stared down at the poor guy and waited.

Rubbing his now throbbing head, the younger Jedi explained,
    ?I may have mentioned her t-shirt.?

?Her t-shirt??

?Yeah,? Zekk continued shakily, as he rose to his feet, ?I commented on her t-shirt and something about her little ? bump.?

?HE CALLED ME FAT!?

Scarily, Jaina?s angry voice penetrated the walls and boomed down the hallway. Her office door remained closed. By the way Zekk cringed he was grateful it was shut.

Turning red, Zekk tugged at his robe collar and gave a weak grin.

Relishing the moment, Durron interrogated him further,
    ?So you mentioned the bump??

?I did not call her fat. I just mentioned that she was filling out, you know.? Zekk started to sweat as he rambled on, trying to save himself, ?It?s normal, right even, for her stomach to ? oh you know what I mean. And so does she.?

Patting him on the shoulder reassuringly, Kyp winked,
    ?Jaina is not Jaina anymore. She?s: Pregnant Jaina. This difference is important, okay? ?Cause she?s more deadly now than she ever was before.?

?I CAN HEAR YOU DURRON!?

Completely unfazed by her wrath, Durron smiled smugly to himself.

Dazed by the experience, Zekk stumbled down the corridor. Jaina?s wrath had been unnerving to say the least. Before escaping, he glimpsed back at the Master. His last words resonated down the hall,
    ?Rather you than me, Durron.?

~

When Kyp entered the office, he had the distinct impression of walking into a lioness?s lair. Tension was thick in the air. But it wasn?t overwhelming. It was just a product of emotions running high.

He could tell Jaina was hurt more than angry. She typed vigorously; cracked draws shut and slammed folders upon the table. All together the noises had a rhythm to them. She was avoiding confronting the issue.

Mutely, Kyp sat on the edge of her desk and waited. She ignored his presence. He allowed that. And so, he sat and she worked. For several minutes they remained that way.

?Jay??

His voice was so gentle. She stopped typing.

Instead of answering his open question she got up to fetch another folder. Before she could, Kyp lifted his leg and leaned it up against the back wall. Between the table and wall, he had her trapped. Jaina walked into him, stopped and dropped her hands onto his leg, as if to push it down.

Briefly, her fingers curled into the fabric of his casual jeans.

?Talk, Jaina.? He spoke quietly, ?It?s only me. If Zekk did use the ?f? word I will personally beat him up for you.?

For the first time all day, she cracked a small smile,
    ?No, there?s no need, trust me he would have been flung further otherwise.?

?Then ..??

She turned to him. It was then he read the trouble shinning in her dark gaze. No humour touched her face. Worry had set in and she was weary with it. What she needed was a peaceful night?s sleep.

?It?s not Zekk.? She murmured carefully, ?It?s everything.?

Absentmindedly, Jaina pressed one of her palms to her rounding stomach. The baby couldn?t be hidden anymore, maybe that bothered her. Perhaps she didn?t like the evidence under her shirt.

Distractedly, she rubbed the small bump, as if trying in some little way to comfort herself. Kyp was nearly mesmerized by the motio

13. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    ?I may have mentioned her t-shirt.?

?Her t-shirt??

?Yeah,? Zekk continued shakily, as he rose to his feet, ?I commented on her t-shirt and something about her little ? bump.?

?HE CALLED ME FAT!?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I laughed out loud at this part.

?Jaina is not Jaina anymore. She?s: Pregnant Jaina. This difference is important, okay? ?Cause she?s more deadly now than she ever was before.?

?I CAN HEAR YOU DURRON!?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Talk, Jaina.? He spoke quietly, ?It?s only me. If Zekk did use the ?f? word I will personally beat him up for you.?

Aaaaaaaawwwww, how sweet is that? [face_love]

What if he did have other kids somewhere? They shouldn?t concern her. She and Kyp weren?t involved. So, why did the very idea cause her stomach to twist sickly?

Because you love him. Simple.

?And that?s all they are, rumours.? He answered her unvoiced question, ?I?m not a womaniser. And I?m definitely no father.? He caressed her stomach subtly as he added in a low voice, ?Almost. But not yet.?

[face_love] Melting...

Their connection was their happiness. A bond full of understanding, patience and support. And it was growing. Eternal. And pure.

Mutually, their foreheads rested together and they closed their eyes. Unified, they breathed slow and deep, savouring each other?s scent and company. With their minds so close, their breathing the same, hearts beating as one, it was then they felt it.

In the Force they sensed a stir. Both of them reach out and caressed their child through the bond. The baby responded, moving slightly and flicked back a shimmer of Force. It barely touched them.

The pair let out a collective breath of speechless excitement.

?Kyp..??

Beaming from ear to ear, his vivid eyes fluttered open to see the same delight in hers.

?She?s saying hello.? He whispered.

Breathless, Jaina grinned,
    ?We?re having a girl!?

He nodded, too overwhelmed to talk.

That small discovery gave her the most pleasure. Durron had never seen her eyes so big and ecstatic. They were beautiful.

This part here brought tears to my eyes. I'm still sniffing.
    Goodness, but this was so beautifully written. [face_love]

Admittedly, I'm not a K/J shipper but seriously...I can't wait for them to finally open their eyes and see!

This was the best update so far.
    Awesome.

=D==D=

14. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Ohhhh Zekk.......[face_laugh] poor guy, he had no idea what was coming to him, Lol.

I HEARD YOU DURRON! :p You knew that line was coming, haha.

Awww! Uncle Jacen! [:D] Cuteness!

Love this chapter!

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I just found this and I'm in love. It's so sweet, yet dramatic and absolutely hilarious.

Please, add me to the PM list.

16. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Just want you to know I blame my reading mush now completely on you. And if you continue to write stuff like this I will most likely be addicted before the end of the year. Lol.

I really liked this. You made the characters come alive in ways I never imagined. The depth in this story is phenominal.

The interaction between Jaina and Kyp was heart wrenching and warming at the same time.

Loved this update might be my favorite yet.

Brava!

17. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    *deep, contented breath*

That was beautiful!!! [face_love]

I'm loving the build up of the emotional tensions, and the way Kyp and Jaina are handling them is expertly written! I agree with the other comments: This is the best post so far!!

Waiting for the next update is going to be torture!

Fantastic job!! :D

~Celeste

18. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Two things to remember for Kyp:

1. Pregnant Jaina= Scary Jaina
    2. Rumor mill is definitely running high- though how one can think a one-night stand could have that much forethought is mind boggling!

Nice way for them to find out that they're having a daughter. It was a really sweet moment.

All and all great job.

19. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    Zekk, never ever tell a pregnant woman she's filling out. [face_laugh]
    Very cute story. =D= I shall be keeping an eye on it.

20. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009

21. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    Aw. Kyp is so cute! You still kept his rogue persona intact but made him really sweet. I liked that.

22. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    :eek: Definitely more pregnant Jaina moments please. [face_laugh]

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Ceillean: I?m only happy to entertain! [face_mischief] Wow, from a non-K/J shipper that?s a great compliment, so glad you felt the mush and enjoyed it. More soon? [face_peace] Cheers!

Goddess_At_Heart: Zekk needs to be more careful doesn?t he? Lol. Thank you for clicking, nice to know you like it, it was fun to write.

Briannakin: Aww, thank you! Yeah, sure, no probs, you?re added. ;)

Raphire: Haha! That?s too kind, thank you. [face_blush] I?m glad this story is taking on deeper characterisations and emotions, as well as good humour. Lol. It?s good to hear people respond to it. Again, thanks, more coming?

CelseteAntola: :D Woo, thank you too! I?m so glad to hear people are really enjoying this. Sorry to keep ya waiting, but a new chapter will be up soon. Promise.

MiralukaJedi:
    1. That?s what I hoped. Lol. // 2. Some people have it in for this couple.. naming no names. Haha! ? Cheers for reading and commenting!

Lady_Jedi93:
    Ah, thanks! Good to know? :)

Kailene: Unfortunately Zekk hasn?t caught up with Kyp yet in that knowledge, lol. So good to know ya liked the sweetness, thanks for checking this out. More coming?

GlindaForJediCouncil:
    {Phew!} Kyp is a fav of mine, glad ya liked my interpretation of him. Next chapter up soon.

Sethathoryunet: Lol, don?t worry more ?Pregnant Jaina? moments coming up?

Thanks to all who read, comment and lurk ... ;)[face_peace]

More soon....

S_M

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Here is the next chapter ... Hope you enjoy.
    [face_peace]

[color=royalblue]Chapter 10
    Planets Bend Between Us[/color]

One month on . . .

[u][08:59]
    Coruscant/ Jaina?s Apartment[/u]

Dressed in black robes, Kyp leaned casually against the kitchen counter and watched. Even in pyjamas, wrapped in a huge shawl, wearing no make-up and with masses of curls in her dark hair, she was stunning.

It was easy to stand there admiring.

?I?m still mad at you.? She yawned at him with no real malice.

?I know.?

Barely awake, Jaina went about making caf for them both. She wasn?t happy with him but Durron thought it was for the best. For her and the baby.

?You could have at least let me pilot the damn thing.?

?It?s a small investigation, Jay.? He shrugged, ?Nothing interesting will happen. It would be a waste of time for you.?

She handed him a steaming mug. Quirking a suspicious eyebrow she asked,
    ?Then why are you going? If you really believe it?s nothing why didn?t you let someone else go??

He met her eyes and replied simply,
    ?Because I want to.?

Not buying it for a second, she retorted,
    ?You mean you have a hunch??

He didn?t take the bait.

Instead Kyp chose to drink his caf.

A huge freighter, transporting fuel between core systems, had gone dead. Its engines had stopped and all communications were strangely inactive. After forty-eight hours of silence from the ship, the GA transport office had ordered an investigation and requested Jedi assistance. Kyp had volunteered.

The mission was not risky in Durron?s eyes.

It was a mystery to be solved. Curiosity had got the best of him. However, underneath it all, he truly felt a pull towards the freighter?s situation. He couldn?t describe it. It was a feeling. Not bad, not good, simply a feeling.

With one hand drumming on the counter and the other clutching a cup of caf, Jaina studied him between sips. Was it her imagination or was he exceptionally dashing this morning?

Unusually, he?d had his silvery black hair cut very short. It no longer touched his shoulders. Oddly it worked well making him look smarter, even gentlemanly. Every strand was neatly combed out of his eyes, those gorgeous green eyes which had seen too much and showed very little, unless you looked closely.

It wasn?t only his hair.

Rarer still, he was prim and proper with a clean shaven jaw-line, which took ten years off his attractive face. To complete the picture his clothes were close-fitting and immaculate. He was a sharper, more striking, cut of a man.

And all of him appealed to her.

Durron retained his famous rogued quality. Now he just appeared younger and fitter. Or was it more devilishly handsome? Perhaps, charismatic? No, tempting?

?What is it?? He frowned, ?Jaina??

The spell broke.

Uncontrollably, Jaina?s pulse jumped at the sound of his deep voice. Restlessly the baby moved as if sensing a change in her. The sudden reaction was so strong it made her gasp. Instinctively, Jaina placed a hand on her rounded tummy and reached out to calm her daughter through the Force.

Worried and bewildered, Kyp rushed to her side.

Before he could ask, Jaina explained,
    ?She?s got one hell of a kick. It took me by surprise is all.?

Ever attentive, Kyp questioned,
    ?Are you sure? Does everything feel normal? Maybe we should get you to medical -?

?No, Durron.? She cut in softly, ?Honestly, it was just a silly jolt. I?m okay.?

?Still, I think you should have a check-up to be certain.? Whilst he spoke, Kyp pulled a commlink from his trouser pocket and clicked it, ?Cilghal, could you ??

Before he could make a commotion, Jaina grabbed the device and interjected,
    ?- ignore us and have a nice day. Solo, out.?

Not waiting for a reply, she clicked the gadget off and held it away from Durron. He attempted to take back the commlink and failed. Pregnant or not, Jaina stood her ground. As expected, he wasn?t amused.

?Jay!?

Smiling sweetly, too sweetly, she answered,
    ?Yes, [i]dear[/i]??

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great chapter. I hope Jaina accepts Kyps offer after he survives whatever mean thing you are going to do to him (or her).