main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Little Wonders 'Ch 19!' (10/19) ~Jaina/Kyp/Solos/ect.~ ?Its the end." ~ Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Nov 16, 2009.

1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Hmm...interesting. Why did Jag show up all of a sudden I wonder?

2. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh, that cliffhanger was evil! Don't leave us this way! ]-}

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Obviously we all know that I'm a Kyp gal but seriously, Jag's description all but had me grinning like an idiot.

Admiral Jagged Fel...mmmmmh...

=P~

Dammit woman...another cliffie? :p

I hope the baby is okay. [face_worried] As harsh as it sounds though, at least this way Jaina can't go out on a foolhardy mission to rescue Kyp. Or try to. Oy, Kyp would be so pissed off if she even tried...

And now he'll be livid.

But...another cliffie? *whines*

Wonderful update!!

4. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Just let me say one thing. If her baby dies I'm not going to be very happy :p

Very nice, I literally jumped at the end because of the explosion and now I'm screaming for more. I hope you're happy :p

5. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Briannakin: [face_devil] Evilness had to happen at some point? Glad ya liked the Jaina/Luke moment, it was good to write a little more about their uncle/niece relationship. More coming soon? a day or so? Thanks! :D

MiralukaJedi: Hmm.. Jag .. I don?t even know why? I think. Or do I? I don?t know. :p Cheers for clicking.

Sticks: Haha! [face_mischief] Sorry for another cliffie .. More coming!

Ceillean: Yay! :D See I?m a Kyp girl (as ya know) but Jagged Fel (especially Admiral Fel) has a certain appeal even I can?t deny. He?s dashing. Lol, sorry I know I was evil with another cliffie.. True Jaina can?t be foolish now .. but she?s in a bad way. Thanks so much! Chapter 13 coming up very shortly ? [face_peace]

Nadia-Oomia: Lol, I understand that. [face_mischief] You?ll have to trust in the next few chapters? Glad the explosion caught ya by surprise. More is coming very soon!

Thanks to all who click, read, comment and lurk.. Chapter 13 will be up in a day or so. More soon.. Cheers![face_batting]

S_M

6. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    Oh no. Poor Jaina... [face_worried] The baby's okay, though, right? Right? [face_praying]

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    echo_girl_94: Jaina's in trouble. Have faith.. more coming soon! :)

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Here is Chapter 13.. not everything is tided up in this, please forgive the cliffies..:)

Hope you enjoy.

Comments welcome.[face_batting]

[color=royalblue]Chapter 13
    Even Gods Pray [/color]

Two hours on . . .

[u][20:47]
    Core Worlds/ Near Kuat Space/ On Board Ship: Loyal Eagle[/u]

?Jaina?s fading -?

?- I know.? Jacen snapped at Zekk sharply.

He?d felt the attack on his twin clearly. It had shaken him to the core. More than anyone, he knew how badly she was injured and how close she was to passing away. Over the next several hours, her life and the baby?s were at real risk.

His cousin, Ben, had also sensed the incident inflicted on Jaina. Overwhelmed with shock, the young Skywalker remained mute. His naïve blue eyes were overshadowed with gloomy apprehension.

Anxiously, Jacen glanced out the ship?s cockpit window as the gigantic freighter Herculan X appeared ahead. Deep down his nerves twisted. He desperately wanted to turn the vessel around, back to Coruscant, to his sister.

But he had a duty and a promise to keep.

And Force damn it, he had to go through with it.

Turning to the leader of the GA squad, Cornelion Lorn, Jacen said sombrely,
    ?You know the situation I?m in, Captain. Let us Jedi use our skills to quicken this mission?s pace. It?ll save time.?

For a second the commander contemplated his words.

?This is a rescue operation. I trust your Jedi senses Knight Solo.? Cornelion piloted the ship into one of Herculan?s docking bays. As the craft began its descent, the captain gave his seat to a trusted man. Fluidly, he rose and walked out the cockpit to prepare. His last words were blunt, ?I don?t wish to stay here either. I just want my colleagues, and your man, safe.?

In total agreement, Jacen followed the captain, with Ben and Zekk trailing behind silently.

[u][20:59]
    Core Worlds/ Near Kuat Space/ On Board Freighter: Herculan X [/u]

Blood trickled from his lips. He spat it to the floor.

Dejectedly Kyp stood wavering on his feet.

They had beaten him for obedience and out of revenge. Yet there was another motive for the thrashings. They wanted information. In-particular they desired knowledge about vital government buildings, their layouts, exits and security.

Stubbornly, Durron had given them his submission and allowed their vengeance. But he had refused to provide any information. His cracked, purple, swollen lips remained dutifully closed.

?That?s enough.? Faking boredom Commos glanced at his wrist-chrono and turned to his one-time ally with a stern expression, ?I always admired your will of steel, Durron, but I?m running out of time. Keep your blasted information, if it makes you feel better.?

Patiently, the mercenary paced a few steps.

The small comm-link attached to his belt hissed.

A gruff voice sounded over the speaker,
    ?Everything is set and ready . . .?

In the huge hangar bay they were situated Commos turned to Kyp, his face was a mask of cunning coolness. Casually he pulled out Kyp?s silver lightsaber from his trouser pocket and held it up in real admiration.

?You Jedi,? He spoke thoughtfully, ?are very talented.?

Without any reluctance, Commos threw the Jedi weapon to the floor and pulled out his own uniquely designed blaster. There was no doubt that it was far more unusually powerful. He shot several times.

Before Durron?s sad green eyes, his trusty lightsaber blew up with a glorious flourish of violent energy. A bright purple glow flashed and faded in an instant. The well crafted metal splintered into pieces, twisted and melted into something useless.

On the outside Kyp showed little reaction.

Inside he was screaming.

?Sorry old friend,? Commos strutted past Durron and the men restraining him, ?I couldn?t give you the opportunity, even if I trusted you.?

Commos?s footsteps paused by the cage containing the ysalamir reptilian creature. He didn?t blink when he raised his gun and pulled the trigger. Two shots later, the cre

9. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    Oh no. Now both Kyp and Jaina are in trouble...[face_worried] :_|

Have I mentioned I really don't like Commos? :mad:

I hope they're okay...and the baby, too... [face_praying]

10. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yikes! When it rains it pours...hope everything turns out alright.

11. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Gah!!! That update was amazing and heartbreaking and suspenseful and... gah!! I can't think of any more adjectives at this point!

I'm so glad that Kyp is okay(ish) and he needs to get to Jaina ASAP!!! [face_worried]

Thanks for the PM and I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment!!!

~Celeste

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Turning to the leader of the GA squad, Cornelion Lorn, Jacen said sombrely,

This had me smiling. Cornelion and I have the same name. [face_laugh] Trade the on with an a and that's me. :p

Well...you still have me on the edge of my seat. At least they got Kyp out but...we still have no idea if Jaina's going to be okay. :( And the baby.

Still, wonderful update.

Really looking forward to more. :D

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I can`t wait for more. I hope everything turns out alright.

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    echo_girl_94: I know, Commos isn't the loving type ... we'll find out about the baby tomorrow! :)Cheers!

MiralukaJedi: You're right there.. Thanks for clicking!

CelseteAntola: Haha, I'm glad it had ya on the edge of your seat. Durron is safe. As for Jaina we'll have to find out...[face_mischief] Your welcome. Next update coming very soon!

Ceillean: [face_laugh] Wow that's so weird, didn't realise the names would be so close! Spooky coincidence, lol. Glad the chapter had ya hooked. Kyp is saved for now. We'll be finding about Jaina and baby in next chapter.. Thanks![face_blush] More soon...

Briannakin: Me too.. Thanks for reading![face_batting]

Thanks to all who click, read, comment and lurk! Chapter 14 coming tomorrow... [face_peace]

S_M

15. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    NO!!!!!! I hope the baby is safe. Even if you're going to do all sorts of terrible things to Kyp and Jaina...

Also have I mentioned how much I hate cliffhangers!!!!!!

I loved these two updates and I can't wait for the next one!

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I just caught up with this story and love it.

I really like the K/J relationship you've got going here.

Now, I just hope that Jaina and the baby will be alright, since Kyp has already been rescued.

@};-

[:D]

17. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    WOW !!!!

That was certainly a turn of events that I didn't see coming at all !!

All caught up and you've got me hooked. I've enjoyed the way you've been building Kyp and Jaina relationship, nice job.

Seeing Jag was a big surpise. YAY, Kyp was rescued, but poor Jaina and the baby, maybe once she feels Kyp's bond again, it'll help her heal.

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    GlindaForJediCouncil: Sorry for the cliffies![face_blush] We'll find out about the baby soon.. Cheers for reading!

Hazel:Thanks for having a look at this fic. So good to hear you enjoy it. More coming shortly..:)

Kailene:Hey good to see ya again! I'm so happy to hear people enjoying the way Kyp and Jaina are developing in this. I love writing them. More coming very soon.. Thank you for clicking! [face_peace]

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Chapter 14 is finally here.. and I'm glad to say there are no more cliffies for a bit.. :)

I hope you enjoy.

Comments welcome![face_peace]

[color=royalblue]Chapter 14
    Breathe Again[/color]

Next day . . .

[u][07:01]
    Coruscant/ Jedi Temple/ Medical Centre[/u]

It had been a long night.

The evening and dawn had been painfully tiring for those who had waited. And many had. Surgery on Jaina had been complicated. Many machines and skilled medical staff had been needed. There was no news on Jaina or the baby. No updates put everyone on edge.

Han stretched his legs fully and ignored the aching in his calves.

He hadn?t slept a wink. His clothes were crinkled and his bum was numb from unsuccessfully trying to doze on the most uncomfortable chair imaginable. Tentatively he moved his legs trying not to make noise that would arose his sleeping wife who was curled up awkwardly on the seat beside him.

The waiting room was full of people. Some were resting. Others simply waited with worried expressions.

With a clenched jaw Han glimpsed around him taking in the sight of concerned family and friends. He swallowed hard. His daughter was well liked and dearly loved. The idea of losing her . . .

She was so beautiful not just physically but in her soul. Jaina had given of a lot of herself to other beings and society. And she still had much more to offer and achieve. From a more personal view, a fatherly view, Jaina was special. She was an incredibly loyal friend, a fierce soldier, an amazing pilot, a supportive sister and a remarkable daughter.

The eldest Solo sighed heavily and tried to rest his eyes. A small hand touched his knee and squeezed gently. He opened his tired eyes to see Leia awake, sitting up and leaning on him with one arm wrapped round his elbow and the other on his thigh. Reassuringly, Han turned his head into his wife?s greying hair and placed a soft kiss.

Still breathing in the scent of her, he asked quietly,
    ?Do you sense anything??

?She?s with us.? Leia murmured hesitantly as if afraid to jinx the situation. A moment passed in silence before she added, ?She?s stronger than before. And . . .?

?What?? Han felt his throat close.

Wearily Leia glanced up as she replied,
    ?Kyp is conscious.?

Durron had been brought in only a few hours ago, he?d been treated and forced into a bacta tank. The man had been beaten to an inch of his life. And despite his own condition, Kyp had asked about Jaina and their unborn child constantly.

Holding onto his careful calm, Han queried,
    ?And what about the baby??

Sadly his wife shook her head,
    ?I can?t sense the baby.?

Abruptly the doors to the surgery opened, Cilghal and other medical staff immerged. Everyone in the waiting room roused properly. The anxiety was palpable in the room. Questions were on the tip of everyone?s tongues.

Cilghal held up her webbed hand before anyone could speak. She spoke clearly with great relief.
    ?Jaina and the baby are stable. She?s being moved to recovery. Visits will be allowed tomorrow afternoon. Family will go first of course.?

Like everyone else, Han felt he could breathe a little easier all of a sudden. He was far from rejoicing but with the news finally in favour of his daughter he knew he would sleep better tonight.

[u][13:12]
    Coruscant/ Jedi Temple/ Medical Centre[/u]

The next day the Solos finally got to see Jaina. Since the operation, she had been put on heavy medication, place in and out of a bacta tank for added healing and now she rested in a comfy bed. She dozed peacefully.

?You still can?t sense the baby?? Han frowned.

Sitting on the side of Jaina?s bed, clutching her daughter?s hand, Leia shrugged her slim shoulders uneasily,
    ?It?s strange. I know from the machines around us that both of them are alive. But the baby?s presence is barely there.?

Lightly, Leia stroked Jaina?s forehead pushing the dark strands of hair off her pale face. Even though they?d been told t

20. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    *contented sigh... melts*

[face_love] [face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

This update was fabluous!!! It was a perfect ending to all the heart rending suspense of the last few chapters.

Kyp and Jaina are so perfect together and you write them so well, SM!!!

Thanks for the PM! This made my morning!

~Celeste

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

It appeared that the shy, perhaps upset, baby had been hiding away from everyone, except Jaina. Hiding and waiting. For Daddy it seemed

[face_love][face_love] Absolutely love this part.

When at last they pulled apart, Kyp stared down at her solemnly as he whispered,
    ?You were right Jaina.?

Jaina frowned at his serious expression.

Before she could reply, Kyp explained sincerely,
    ?I do need you . . .?

She reacted to his words by pulling him back for another warm gentle kiss. No other words were required in that moment. After all what good were words in comparison to such sweet kisses?

Oy...I'm a puddle of goo here. [face_love][face_love]

You've certainly brought a smile to my face with this.
    It was sooo lovely.

=D=

22. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Everyone is okay! Great work!

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm so relieved that Jaina and the baby are alright ant reunited with Kyp.

Great update!

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad everyone is alright :)

25. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    CelseteAntola: Aww I?m glad ya enjoyed the lovely mush after so much heartache and tension. :) Good to know you like this couple. You?re welcome. More soon?

Ceillean: So happy to hear you liked this chapter? Thanks for reading! Next chapter coming shortly.[face_peace]

MiralukaJedi: Cheers! :D

Hazel: Me too! :) Thanks!

Briannakin: Thanks, think we all are. More coming ?

Chapter 15 coming shortly. Thanks for reading and commenting..[face_mischief]

S_M