main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Live - Action Justice League Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd say Lucy Lawless is to old and same with Bruce Campbell, besides being wrong for Superman or flash.

2. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I wonder what the music will be like. Surely the Superman march will appear in some fashion...new themes for the other superheroes, maybe?

3. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Maybe some of the Burton era Batman music. Assuming the Bat makes the cut.

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    The music question brings up my big concern with the whole project.

For me at least, the entire appeal of something like Justice League is the chance to see a team-up between characters we already know and love. Using tamer versions of Superman or Batman in order to make the team fit more seems to defeat the whole purpose of the movie.

These characters each operate within their own 'worlds': Gotham, Metropolis, Central City. The great thing about a team-up is seeing these places as part of the same world, but allowing the cities to retain their unique, identifiable personalities.

What I'd really like to see is a Keaton-esque Batman teaming up with a Reeve-equse Superman, in a film that utilizes their musical themes at least a few times.

5. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Great ideas! I would love to see John Williams' score, also Elfman, etc.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm not too worried about a musical score for a JLA movie, because the Spidey flicks didn't really have a memorable tune to them. However, a great musical score does go a long way.

Personally, I would be in favor of Superman and Batman butting heads in this film; moreover Batman ruffling the feathers of the JLA members. I would hope a live action film would be nothing like the Superfriends. I mean, it would be great to see Batman and Superman in a conflict of opinions and methods. The contrast in characters helps build chemistry, drama and intrigue, much like a pirate, farm boy and princess. Aquaman would be a like wookie; Flash would be the wise cracking comic relief and Green Lantern would be, hmmmmm... [face_thinking].

So Superman is the golden boyscott; Wonder Woman would be sassy and strong; Batman the goth, emo loaner; Flash comic relief; Green Lantern the smart guy and so on.

However, what would be the heroes together?

7. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Together they would be something you don't want to mess around with...Although Villian wise I'd love to see Darksied against the JLA and a master mind as well. I agree Bat's and Sups need to but heads when it comes to morals and the like. Superman is all light and Batman is the light hidden with in the night

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I wouldn't exactly call Batman emo. More like an angry badass.

9. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    just the same as I wouldn't call Superman a "boy scout"

if there was ever a boy scout...it was Captain America. Always Red,White and Blue...doing what's right..

and he was always pretty badass to me!!!

10. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I thought the song they used in the opening credits was pretty memorable. But I am a Spidey mark.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Spidey and X-Men did have some pretty good themes (though in the case of X-Men, no consistent theme)
    Even Fantastic Four has it's own theme. Music does not concern me as much as casting. I'd love to see
    some of the old Superman and Batman themes in there, but that's up to the composer and copyrights.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Superman is known as the Big Blue Boy Scout. He even joked about it during "Identity Crisis" when he identified a particular knot on a rope.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Agreed. The cast is more important to the film than the music, especially at this stage.

14. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    Good music is a bonus, but story and casting are what counts.

15. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

See a picture of Terese by giving the link a click.

16. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    She's got the eyes.

Make her hair black and we may have something.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Reportedly, she'd wear a black wig. Though until her agent confirms, it's all in the air.

18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    seems like a good choice. Can't say I've seen her act though.

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    A twenty-one year old blond Australian is not exactly what I have in mind for Wonder Woman. She's pretty though. Looking at the other rumored canidates I have to say I like Minka Kelly better.

20. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    I haven't seen any of her movies, looks pretty enough but how good an actress is she.

21. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't seen any of her work so I can't really form an opinion about her. With a wig/colored hair, she'd look the part though.

22. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

23. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I know a guy who's a runner on this film.
    He only started this week.
    I have nothing else to add.

24. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    So apparently some dude from that show the OC is playing the Flash... This project just gets lamer and lamer as it moves forward. The studio should save themselves some money and pull the plug on this catastrophe.

D_M_S_L

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I must now concur. The smartest thing fox ever did was cancel that show. I would have preferred ryan reynolds for flash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.