Live Action Series - Any Discussion at CV??

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by DLoSith, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLoSith Force Ghost

star 1
    So I was at CV, saw many things about Clone Wars and the SW Blu-Ray, but maybe I missed it, but was there any discussion surrounding the live action series? Maybe at The Main Event, which I couldn't attend due to my OPX commitment, or anywhere else?

My apologies if this was already brought up. I checked through many threads and didn't see anything....

Thanks!
  2. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Nope, didn't hear anything. However both the Main Event and Robot Chicken panels referred to a new animated show (it was compared to Spongebob) that Seth Green will be involved with. No information beyond that about what it will be about or when it will be set or anything.
  3. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was in the news last week that the Live action show has been shelved .
  4. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, nothing. But I'm not surprised. Right before the event, mainstream media seemed to regurgitate the news we fans have known for months back when Lucas announced that it was on hold. The only new news would have been it no longer being on hold, but that's not the case yet.
    I don't think anyone was expecting anything here though.
  5. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    I talked to a guy who sat in on a panel with one of the...producers/licensees/etc...somethingornother and stated that it was put on hold for the time being. It was going to cost too much for a network station to pick up and they're waiting on the tech to cost less before moving forward.
  6. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    At The Old Republic panel, they showed both cinematic trailers for the game. While watching the "Deceived," I kept thinking that LFL needs to do a photorealistic CGI cartoon, stat! Give me my post-ROTJ EU or X-Wing series that way! Lol.
    (Of course I think the same thing whenever Blizzard puts out a cinematic trailer...why bother making the WoW movie live action when you do such beautiful computer animation?)
  7. Skywalker2B Force Ghost

star 2
    I agree! That is what I have wanted since they did it with Starship Troopers years ago! That way they could have the main characters without having to get the same actors, just good voice actors that sounds like them.

Now, I may be starting a rumor here, but...with the TV series suddenly on hold, combined with Mark Hamill talking about 7,8,9 (that while filming 4-6, Lucas had asked him to return for #9), then Lucas making a comment about using those awesome R2 units "if only he had another movie to film"...I don't know...what do you think? Coooouuullld GL be rethinking another movie or 2 or 3?
  8. KissinDigital Jedi Knight

star 1
    IIRC, it was not compared to Spongebob but rather one of the writers is from that show.
  9. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    More than one person on the creative team are from Spongebob including the director. And George compared it to Spongebob in the Main Event, I believe, when he said it was for 5 year olds, but Seth Green thought it was for 21 year olds. I might be misremembering, though.
  10. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    The only mention of the live action series I heard was during the Boba Fett panel. Someone ask Daniel Logan if he was gonna play Boba in the show and I think his response was that he hopes so.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.