main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Live Action STAR WARS TeeVee

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CernStormrunner, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    MTV News Link:

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between ?Revenge of the Sith? (Episode III) and the original ?Star Wars? (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen.:( As he did with the ?Clone Wars? series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year?s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Thus, with casting just now moving forward, it looks to be quite some time before fans will be able to catch some live-action ?Star Wars? on the small screen.

Slashfilm Link:

Set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, the show has been described by Lucas as ?Deadwood meets The Sopranos in space*?. :confused: Told from the perspective of minor characters from the Star Wars galaxy (rumored to be a family in the underworld), the darker, grittier, more character-based story might also feature appearances and cameos from several major Star Wars characters, but not the heavy like Darth Vader.

*So does this mean we'll finally get to hear characters use all the made up swear words from the novels?

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The real question is this... Will the Steelers have won 10 Super Bowls by the time this makes it to television?

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    well if they've started casting, thats a pretty good sign that the wheels are turning, right?

I'd say 2011 as the start date. But of course, 2012 is coming along, destroying the world, so we won't get to see the whole 5 year story...sigh...

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm... the series will finally be released in 2011 and the end of the world is in 2012? I think that is definitely more than just a coincidence.

I should say that I am excited to watch it when it finally gets completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.