Spring, MO Live chat?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Daj: Sorry you're having issues. If I see you at the February meeting, maybe I can show you and figure out what issues you're having.

I'm in and out of the chat room, but, I've seen "JeedaiElf" login twice today and just missed them by a couple minutes. If anyone is interested in checking it out, I'll be *in* the chat room for at least the next hour while on my laptop doing stuff for work. I promise to catch you this time! :)
  2. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I've had a really hectic week and it's only half over. So, I'd like to make a reservation with all of you on Friday night around 10:00. I'll bring my friend Franzia.[face_laugh]
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Same bat time, same bat channel, I'm there :D
  4. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Me too! I am without one kid and a husband as of tomorrow!! :D So I can stay up as late as I want...
  5. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  6. tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

As far as the live chat on the Yahoo! Groups page, unfortunately, I can't use it because it only works on Windows XP/2000/98. I am a Mac/Linux user. :(

Anyone else have this problem?
  7. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, Anyone up to chatting tonight after BSG for you BSG junkies of course? 10ish?
  8. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If I'm still awake, I'll be there. :)
  9. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I don't have class in the morning, so I am there!!
  10. spideymj Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chat tonight, after 10pm...same bat time, same bat channel...um room. :p
  11. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
  12. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Where is the chatroom again?

To lazy to look back thru the pages.

13. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    [link=http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/starwars_stl/]Yahoo group chat[/link]Here ya go! You've got the cable connection now don't you, Tim? It'll work much better with that now.[face_dancing]Hope to see you there!
  14. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yes! Tim you must come! :D

We tend to have a lot of fun in our weekly chats, so there is any one else tempted then come join us!!
  15. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If I'm still awake, I'll be there. No promises, though - I have to prepare a couple of lectures for next week and I'm running out of time. :)
  16. JeedaiElf Jedi Padawan

star 4
    THANK YOU GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Ummm oh sorry[face_blush] I was refering to the fact that you use Mac.(Yay!)
    It sometimes is slow for me but my java seems to work OK
  17. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm going to try and be there. I might take a nap. Couldn't sleep last night, having tummy problems. Ugh!
  18. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
  19. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'll be there for at least a little bit (depending on the balance of peer pressure and tiredness). :)
  20. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll do my part with the peer pressure;)
  21. VoijaRisa Jedi Master

star 5
    I use Linux but haven't tried out Yahoo's chat. Given it's a Java based script, as long as you have a Java applet installed, you should be able to use it.
  22. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
  23. tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

I use Linux at work (also at home, but my two servers are currently down), however, on their chat help Yahoo! specifically states that you must have Windows 98/2000/XP for their Java chat to work.

Addendum (just now going back to check their site), I see they now have a version specifically for Macintosh. I'll give it a swing.
  24. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
  25. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]Kalan...you always pick the nights when no one is around. I don't see any reason why next Friday wouldn't work. I can promise I'll be around for a chat.;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.