main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi LIVE FROM...Denton, Texas :/

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ptickett, Jul 22, 2014.

1. ptickett

ptickett Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2014
    All the talk surrounding the new movie brought me here. Sometimes a person just needs someone to discuss nerdery with too.

Long time fan since I was a kid, 28 now. Read the EU books, especially love the Thrawn trilogy and New Jedi Order. The argument of what's canon and what isn't is funny to me. On one hand, I've read and loved the books, so they are Star Wars canon in my heart. On the other hand, the books are depressing AF and I hope the new movie is a bit lighter.

I'm going to be smart about this since it isn't my first rodeo of seeing a new Star Wars film in theaters and having high expectations that are let down. I'm just gonna stroll in there, Saturday morning (when the old ladies do). Watch the thing and make an honest judgement. No waiting in a line-no teenagers and no super stinky nerds that don't bathe.

So let's discuss EU or the new tril or the old tril. Episodes: I-III I don't like to talk about.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Ptickett! :)

It sounds like that you'd been one of those lining up people. Not that much fun as it seems to be?

Maybe online lining up is more fun. There's a thread for that at the ST board. Take a look! I bet you'll like it. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, if you have any questions please feel free to ask :)