main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valkor, Oct 2, 2005.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Was glad they avoided the SNL imperession-confronted-by-the-real-celebrity cliche by having her play Bieber instead.

2. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    I heard Lohan went so far as to actually contact Lorne Michaels to complain about that sketch. Maybe she should have asked Al Gore for help.

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    11:30PM-1AM | NBC | SEASON PREMIERE
    Saturday Night Live

"Alec Baldwin hosts for a record-breaking 16th time. Steve Martin, at a mere 15 times, angrily strums his banjo."

4. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live
    NEW
    S37, E02

Host Melissa McCarthy; Lady Antebellum performs.

* NEW
    * CC
    * TV-14

11:29 - 1:02 AM NBC

5. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001

Saturday Night Live
    NEW
    S37, E03

Host Ben Stiller; Foster the People performs.

CC
    TV-14

6. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live
    NEW
    S37, E04

Host Anna Faris; Drake performs.

CC
    TV-14

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd just like to say that this season has been surprisingly strong.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm looking forward to Faris hosting- she doesn't get many good vehicles lately, but she's often one of the best parts of what she's in.

9. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  10. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live
    S37, E01
    (First Aired: Sep. 24, 2011)

Host Alec Baldwin; Radiohead performs.

CC

11:29 - 1:03 AM NBC

11. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Another strong episode, I'm very impressed by this season.

13. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  14. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live
    NEW
    S37, E08

Host Steve Buscemi; The Black Keys perform.

CC
    TV-14

15. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Zooey Deschanel hosts tonight's 'Saturday Night Live':
    by Aly Semigran

"Unless Zooey Deschanel has some charming, adorable stripper past we don?t know about, it?s safe to assume tonight?s Saturday Night Live will be very different from last week?s installment of the Channing Tatum Exotic Dancing Comedy Hour. (Although those jazz hands are pretty seductive and she did put on quite a show for Justin Long in an episode of New Girl.)

So maybe there won?t be stripping tonight, but it?s a pretty safe bet that SNL will, at the very least, have their singer/actress/cotton enthusiast host poke fun at her trademark quirkiness. (I?d like to imagine there?s going to be some sort of scenario in which Deschanel faces off with musical guest Karmin?s leading lady Amy Heidemann in Studio 8H. There can only be one hipster!)

I know some folks are getting tired of Deschanel?s adorable/dorky routine (I henceforth refuse to write ?adorkable? from here on out) but there?s a reason why we all fell for her in Elf, (500) Days of Summer, and Almost Famous. Behind those impossibly long bangs (how will she read the cue cards?) is a tremendously gifted comic actress. Here?s to hoping she can bring those same charms to SNL.

If you?re tuning in for tonight?s Zooey Deschanel-hosted episode of SNL, be sure to post your feelings on the show as its happening here and then check back in on Sunday morning for a full recap. Are you excited to see the New Girl try her hand at SNL? Or are you tuning in on the off-chance Karmin covers Kanye West again?"

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  18. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Deschanel and Karmin? Hipster overload, there.

19. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Last night was Louis CK and Fun. As expected, Louis killed the monologue. Incredible concept--having a stand up comic handle the monologue. It reminded my of George Carlin on the first episode of SNL where he performed three monologues throughout the episode. Unlike just about every other monologue, CK's didn't feel forced, artificial, gimmicky. The good parts of the episode: the cold open with Bloomberg/Christie, the Louie/Lincoln parody written by Seth Meyers, and the two performances by Fun.

Disappointed there wasn't more coverage of the election. Sandy definitely pushed that to the back burner. Next week is Anne Hathaway and Rihanna.

20. Platelet

Platelet Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I turned it on to see Fun perform, but I found them rather disappointing. Did enjoy weekend update, especially Romney's appearance.

Anne Hathaway has proven herself pretty well as an SNL host, so I'm looking forward to next week. Too bad Andy Sandberg is gone, though - no more Shy Ronnie.

21. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought fun did great! It was the first time I had seen them perform live and I was pretty impressed. Louis ck was hilarious I think that was his first time hosting I hope it's not his last! The lincoln skit was one of the funniest I've seen in quite some time!

22. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Fun. doesn't do anything for me. As a pop group they're hookless and tuneless, as a synth-art group they're not adventurous enough to be interesting, as lyricists they're shallow and vapid in a way their music doesn't make up for, and as performers they seem a little amateur hour. And that "." at the end of their name makes my eyes roll.

23. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    After Sudekis has stepped in as both Chris Matthews and Donald Trump this season--I'm really missing Darrell Hammond. On election coverage--I thought a great skit would be one where they show one event (a few seconds from a debate or speech) and then show both the Fox and the MSNBC reactions and totally different/absurd spin. Cecile Strong has a great Maddow impression, Keenan is great is Rev. Sharpton, have Hader resume his Shep Smith, Wiig come back as Greta, etc.

24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump... :p

So a discussion in the "You know you're old when..." JCC thread made me realize something: I am a 35-year-old American man, and I am ashamed to admit that I have never in my entire life seen a single minute of any Saturday Night Live episode, ever.

Should I, and if so, is there a good or recommended "starter" episode? Needs to be available on either Hulu or free YouTube, as I don't have any other streaming service (other than Disney+ and ESPN+, but I doubt those will help here :p) and I won't sign up for free trials that require credit card information.

Luke02 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's no one episode, probably, but there are a ton of great sketches over the years. One of the top-5 in my opinion is:

jcgoble3 likes this.