main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Live Star Wars Chat and Dinner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    This past meeting it was decided to get togther one weeknight per month, have dinner and chat about all things Star Wars.

Each month we will pick an area in NY or the surrounding areas and eat then it will be off to the nearest place we can hang out and talk Star wars theory, specualation...whatever topic we pick for that evening.

So we need to pick the resturant and area of discussion as well as the night to do this. In order to allow all who wish to participate there are a few guidelines

The resturant must be affordable, complete dinner includng tax and tip should be no more than $15.00 - $25.00 and the cheaper the better! It must be able to easily accomodate the size group for that evening.

The meeting time sould be no earlier than 7:30 pm to allow those of use who work til 6pm enough time to get where they need to be.

The resturant should be easily accessible to all via a main bus or train line.

The resturant should serve food that is agreeable to most tastes. So if you suggest a place look at the menu and make sure people can get at least a choice of chicken, fish, beef and veggies there. Go out for Lambs tongue wrapped in seaweed and drizzled with octopus ink on another night! :D

The resturant should be willing to allow us to spend at least an hour and a half enjoying our food there.

Please be advised you can invite people to your house, apt whatever for this as well and can do take out or cook for them. Of course, you can charge a small fee to cover the cost of food or hold a pot luck. But this MUST be open to all who wish to attend, so be prepared to have people over if you choose to have it in your home.

NO ONE is excluded from attending this social gathering. As long as they are there to have a good time and talk about Star Wars they are to be made welcome. Do not email or IM Meri or any of our staff and complain that so and so is there. If so and so is there and is doing nothing more than enjoying the night out with the rest of us they are more than welcome. You will only get this standard reply if you complain so don't bother! :D

So let's pick a place topic and night for August!

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'd like to suggest the first topic be Speculation about Episode 3. This would NOT be a spoiler-free topic, mind you. Any and all suggestions are welcome. :)

3. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    >>Go out for Lambs tongue wrapped in seaweed and drizzled with octopus ink on another night! <<

Ha ha very funny :D ;)

Allow me to suggest a place...
    McAleer's Pub on Amsterdam between 80th/81st. It's an Irish pub so there's food for everyone. :)

Let's make the first one Thursday night, August 8th.

P.S. The SW chat would get interesting after a few pints ;)

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Even though I'm obviously not going to be there, I just want to say "Great idea!" :)

5. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Pizza and Brew on 3rd, I think its between 12th and 11th. I can double check. and I like Meri's topic idea.

6. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I definetly like the idea as well. As long as i know ahead of time when it is, i should be able to arange to go to it.. August gets alittle difficult because i'm on a strict training & food schedule until September 14th.

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Any night is good for me as long as I know 24 hrs in advance. There is a nice diner on 59th & 10th.

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Most nights are good for me if I know ahead of time. I think Amanda prefers fridays, but if its not too late of a night she can do most nights i think.

9. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    The idea isto doit on a weeknigh so thos eof us who go away most wekends can participate. Also, the plan is to have the evening last from 7:30pm to about 10:30 pm. enough time for everyone to get hom by a reaonable hour. :D

10. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    well, the only nights that are bad for me through august are monday's and wednesdays... :/ I work from 5 to 8 pm in the evenings then. When the school semester starts again in September, however, that schedule will change. Otherwise, I really would like to try and do this since I just realized that I'll be missing the summber bash thing on the 20th due to Silent But Deadly 3, which should be fun anyways, but still. :(

-Tanya :)

11. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    wow, great idea guys! i may have to st--er borrow it :p

12. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Carrie your icon is HOT...LOL

weeee

13. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    WHAT????

Carrie changed her icon? NO WAY!!!
    LOL :p :p :p

j/k

John

14. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL i have to agree, meri :p

look at the power i have! i post in a thread and it suddenly changes topics to me! :D :p

15. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Thursdays. Gotta be Thursdays.

16. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Is anyone still interested in this? Bueller? :D

17. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I sure as heck am. Let's do this Thursday August 14th. There's a great delicatessen called Artie's on Broadway between 82nd/83rd, near the 1/9 subway line. Prices are very reasonable (lower than the Stage Deli). :D

18. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    No can do for me. As of Monday officially I am now the night time video librarian at work. As such my hours are now 4pm to Midnight. Have fun anyway without me :)

19. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Who is in for this? :)

20. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I am! :D

Will, can the deli accomodate a large crowd of say 8 or more?

21. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    They have large enough tables but I will call them or stop by tomorrow and ask.

22. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Sounds good! Get those speculation caps on (??!?)

23. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I called Artie's and they do not take reservations. However, if you call about a half hour- one hour ahead and let them know how large the party is, they will see if they can get the space together (nothing guaranteed).

24. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Sorry no can do either...I have plans that night.

25. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Damn thats a good idea!! I would love to come and chat- like a geeky "Dinner for 5 " episode. The 14th is not good for me; perhaps the next one!!

~DG~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.