Live Star Wars Chat and Dinner

Discussion in 'New York City, NY' started by LadySith, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't make this either unfortunately. Some friends of mine already invited me out to celebrate my last day of work.

Mike
  2. Jediwoman Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey that sounds great to me. The 14th may actually work out. :) My class got cancelled for that day and I usually have that night off anyways. I would love to try and make this. Count me in for now. :)

Oh btw, what time would we be meeting??

-Tanya :)
  3. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a suggestion on a place for y'all to go.

Chat & Chew on 16th & Union Square. GREAT PLACE!
  4. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds like a cool place Bella! Plus Union Square is a convienant place to get to and from.
  5. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    Will and I ate at Chat & Chew. Their mac n cheese and honey fried chicken are yummy.
  6. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    OK after some discussion, we have decided that our first dinner and discussion will be held at TACocina, 710 9th Avenue between 49th & 49th. It is Mexican cuisine. We have eaten there before and the food is great!

So don't forget, this Thursday at 8:00. See you there!
  7. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Great suggestion, awesome Margaritas and very good Mexican food. It's between 49th-50th on 9th Avenue... take the 1/9 to 50th Street or walk up from 42nd Street. We went last July with a group of about 10 and they were very accommodating.
  8. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    God I'm a moron...between 49th and 49th??!?! That's a pretty small block...ROFL
  9. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, the restaurant is in 4th dimensional space. :p
  10. Jediwoman Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey guys,

sorry, but I can't make this. I know I said I would attend, and I will be in the city Thursday during the day, but I'm gonna have to leave by evening. sorry. Hope you guys have fun.

-Tanya
  11. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Due to the blackout, we are moving this to next Thursday, September 21st. Same time, same place, same subject. Thanks for understanding.
  12. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Due to the blackout, we are moving this to next Thursday, September 21st."

Ummmm, Meri, isn't next week August 21st?!? :p

Not only is it being held in a very small block, it's also being held in a new concept of time! :)
  13. Nillanator Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mark, I think she's doing good just to still have power at this point. She is about the only one from the area I see online right now.

;)
  14. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Crap that means I did the same thing on the mailing list. OOPS. Yes Mark you are correct...AUGUST 21st :p
  15. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Don't forget! We're going to give this another shot tomorrow night. Same time, same place, same subject :)
  16. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Due to train-schedule funkiness, I'm going to end up arriving slightly early for this, likely around 7:40. Is someone taking care of reservations or whatever for our group? As a last resort, I can attempt to get a table for us when I get there. How many are we going to be?
  17. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I would say get a table for at least 10. Not sure if we need reservations but if you're going to be there early it can't hurt to put our names in. Thanks.
  18. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Still cant make it cause of work :(

Hopefully for you guys there wont be a black out this time!
  19. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, I'll grab a table for around ten people. See you then. :)
  20. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    Have fun. I'll hopefully be getting ready to go to sleep around that time. We're leaving at 3am for the nice drive to Buffalo.
  21. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks to everyone who came to our first Star Wars Chat dinner. Lots of interesting theories on the table tonight, and somehow the discussion got into the Holiday Special... :D
  22. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Thanks to everyone who came to the dinner tonight! A good time was had by all I think and hopefully this is the start of many more of these!

Nasty tricksy Holiday Special...
  23. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    The second dinner and discussion will take place on Thursday, September 11th (sorry about the date but what can you do). The topic will be "The Classic Trilogy - Why We Still Love It!"

Any suggestions on where to dine this time? :)
  24. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    OK...we need to pick a place to eat. I'm thinking Little Italy. Anyone have a particular favorite?
  25. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.