main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

NYC, NY Live Star Wars Chat and Dinner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I can't make this either unfortunately. Some friends of mine already invited me out to celebrate my last day of work.

Mike

2. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey that sounds great to me. The 14th may actually work out. :) My class got cancelled for that day and I usually have that night off anyways. I would love to try and make this. Count me in for now. :)

Oh btw, what time would we be meeting??

-Tanya :)

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Just a suggestion on a place for y'all to go.

Chat & Chew on 16th & Union Square. GREAT PLACE!

4. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    That sounds like a cool place Bella! Plus Union Square is a convienant place to get to and from.

5. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Will and I ate at Chat & Chew. Their mac n cheese and honey fried chicken are yummy.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    OK after some discussion, we have decided that our first dinner and discussion will be held at TACocina, 710 9th Avenue between 49th & 49th. It is Mexican cuisine. We have eaten there before and the food is great!

So don't forget, this Thursday at 8:00. See you there!

7. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Great suggestion, awesome Margaritas and very good Mexican food. It's between 49th-50th on 9th Avenue... take the 1/9 to 50th Street or walk up from 42nd Street. We went last July with a group of about 10 and they were very accommodating.

8. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    God I'm a moron...between 49th and 49th??!?! That's a pretty small block...ROFL

9. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Yep, the restaurant is in 4th dimensional space. :p

10. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey guys,

sorry, but I can't make this. I know I said I would attend, and I will be in the city Thursday during the day, but I'm gonna have to leave by evening. sorry. Hope you guys have fun.

-Tanya

11. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Due to the blackout, we are moving this to next Thursday, September 21st. Same time, same place, same subject. Thanks for understanding.

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "Due to the blackout, we are moving this to next Thursday, September 21st."

Ummmm, Meri, isn't next week August 21st?!? :p

Not only is it being held in a very small block, it's also being held in a new concept of time! :)

13. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Mark, I think she's doing good just to still have power at this point. She is about the only one from the area I see online right now.

;)

14. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Crap that means I did the same thing on the mailing list. OOPS. Yes Mark you are correct...AUGUST 21st :p

15. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Don't forget! We're going to give this another shot tomorrow night. Same time, same place, same subject :)

16. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Due to train-schedule funkiness, I'm going to end up arriving slightly early for this, likely around 7:40. Is someone taking care of reservations or whatever for our group? As a last resort, I can attempt to get a table for us when I get there. How many are we going to be?

17. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I would say get a table for at least 10. Not sure if we need reservations but if you're going to be there early it can't hurt to put our names in. Thanks.

18. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Still cant make it cause of work :(

Hopefully for you guys there wont be a black out this time!

19. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Okay, I'll grab a table for around ten people. See you then. :)

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Have fun. I'll hopefully be getting ready to go to sleep around that time. We're leaving at 3am for the nice drive to Buffalo.

21. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Thanks to everyone who came to our first Star Wars Chat dinner. Lots of interesting theories on the table tonight, and somehow the discussion got into the Holiday Special... :D

22. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who came to the dinner tonight! A good time was had by all I think and hopefully this is the start of many more of these!

Nasty tricksy Holiday Special...

23. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    The second dinner and discussion will take place on Thursday, September 11th (sorry about the date but what can you do). The topic will be "The Classic Trilogy - Why We Still Love It!"

Any suggestions on where to dine this time? :)

24. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    OK...we need to pick a place to eat. I'm thinking Little Italy. Anyone have a particular favorite?

25. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Here's a link to [link=http://www.littleitalynyc.com/restaurants.asp] Little Italy's restaurants [/link]. Whichever one will accomodate a large group would be fine. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.