main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I agree with Jade, we need that reunion post. :D

One that includes Bant, Garen, Eitan, Obi, and Anakin. Is that asking too much? [face_thinking] Nah! :p

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    VaderLVR Thank you! :) I prefer to write them as friends rather than brat apprentice and suffering master.

Shaindl That meeting isn't too far away. :eek:

Kynstar Jimmy Smits is a handsome devil isn't he? :* Obi's emotions will be very mixed when he finds out about Reeft. :(

DL Hi! Sticky situations are indeed on the horizon. :p

Vadey Dex has his own bomb to drop on the two. [face_devil] Yes Anakin was searching the room for bugs.

jedimommie [face_blush] Thanks. I know self doubt is a big problem for me.

Shan Thanks for your continued support. :) I'm glad the pace is okay. Sometimes I worry that the story may be dragging. ;)

PK Wahoo! Go Obi go! [face_dancing]

Jade [face_laugh] Kiran? What's your interest in him may I ask? o_O Boy one minute you're drooling over Obi and next he's annoying you. :D

Bekah How about three out of the four? [face_thinking]

Happy 4th of July!!!

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Knight Kiran Minh studied the message displayed on his datapad in thoughtful silence. His initial reaction was to delete the request and pretend he?d never seen it. That was quickly pushed aside as he remembered the look of devastation that had entered Eitan Delano?s dark eyes when the subject of Anakin Skywalker had once arisen. The feelings the older man harbored for the boy still ran deep.

Resting his elbows on top of his desk, the knight contemplated how he could smuggle Kenobi and Skywalker into the Temple without Vos finding out. If they were caught, the resulting punishment would be severe if not deadly. Eitan could also view Kiran?s decision to keep their visit from him as a form of betrayal. The last thing he wanted to do was cause Eitan anymore heartache.

Before Kiran could come to a final decision on the matter, he sensed another presence beyond the door. Seconds later the chime rang alerting him that he had a visitor. Moving quickly, he stuffed the datapad into a drawer and set the elaborate locking mechanism. Glancing around to make certain there was nothing damning left in plain view, he hit the door control button on his desk.

A deep sigh of relief escaped him as a tiny figure bounded through the door. The boy?s seemingly perpetual smile was turned on full wattage as he galloped forward and leaned against the side of the desk.

"Task completed successfully Knight Kiran," his visitor reported proudly.

"Excellent Tamir! I knew I?d picked the right man for the job," Kiran praised him with a wink.

The initiate flushed with pride even though his deep green eyes reflected concern. Tamir ran his fingers along the edge of the desk as he hesitantly broached the subject troubling him. "Knight Kiran? Is Master Eitan going to be okay?"

Taken aback by the unexpected question, Tarin studied the boy in silence for a few seconds before responding. "I?m not sure I understand what you mean Tamir."

Thin shoulders shrugged helplessly as the boy struggled to explain. "When I saw him he just seemed so... sad. Kinda like maybe he?d lost something very important to him."

More than a little bemused at having a child observe the exact same thing he had, Kiran pondered how best to answer. "I think Master Eitan misses his apprentice from time to time. I?m sure he?ll be fine and that you have no need to worry."

"Did his apprentice die or something?" The boy inquired with wide eyes causing the knight to moan under his breath.

"No he didn?t die. It?s really a personal matter that I can?t discuss Tamir," Kiran gently explained. "You didn?t find Master Eitan scary at all?"

Tamir shook his head vigorously further surprising the knight. "No. It was kinda strange but I felt really comfortable with him."

Kiran studied the boy?s face in thoughtful silence. When the door slid open they both turned to find the object of their discussion striding into the room. Eitan pulled up abruptly when he noticed the tiny boy who was staring up at him w

3. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Have to wonder what Anakin will think of this little Initiate. Especially since there may be the beginnings of a bond forming between Tamir and Eitan.

So plans are being moved up? Hope Eitan can handle the pressure.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh how sweet of Eitan to be nice to the kid! hehehe

Well I truly hope the transfering of the kids go well... though I got a sneaking suspicion that it's gonna be found out! I truly hope not though!!

Great post! Loved the lil bit between Eitan and the Knight! ;)

5. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What a great post! Why do I think Kiran might be in a conspiracy with Tamir? :p Can't wait for things to start exploding!

Shaindl

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Things are really heating up now :D Can't wait for Ani and Obi to hit the temple.

Do you play chess obi_ew? I would guess yes, just by the way you write. Perfectly paced, perfectly timed, and ready to spring the trap that your opponent never sees coming :) If you don't play - you should!

Great set-up. I'm liking little Timir more and more.

--shan

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think I could see this Anakin as a big bro to the little kid :)

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Bekah Hum. [face_thinking] Good question. Anakin may feel some jealousy and regret. He could go Darkside and off the kid too! [face_devil]

Kynstar Ugh! Just imagine what could happen if Vos finds out what Eitan is doing with the younglings. :eek:

Shaindl You're such a nut! But a great friend for having to sit through my posts more than once. :)

Shan I've never played chess in my life. Thanks for the very flattering words though. [face_blush] Little Tamir will kinda grow on several people before we are through. ;)

PK Aww! Big brother Anakin! :) I bet he would teach the kid a few things. :D

Wahoo!! [face_dancing] We're rolling right along here folks!

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

Obi-Wan finished filling his plate from the array of dishes that Dex had cooked up for them. Turning toward the table, he paused and sighed as he watched his apprentice listlessly push the food around his plate. Ever since arriving back on Coruscant, Anakin had become quiet and somber. The meeting with Bail and the information he had supplied them about Eitan Delano?s major role in the plans to overthrow Vos had only added to the young man?s agitation. Obi-Wan knew him well enough to know that Anakin was now doubting their flight six years ago.

Forcing himself forward, Obi-Wan set his plate down across from his charge and slid onto the bench like seat. His gaze continued to travel over Anakin?s glum features while he toyed with his own food. It was difficult to advise the younger man not to feel guilty for the past when he himself was still feeling the pressure of his decision. Obi-Wan?s shoulders slumped as he pushed his plate away, his appetite fading.

Anakin immediately sensed his mentor?s darkening mood through their bond. Shaking himself out of his own morose reverie, he looked up and caught the lingering traces of pain that dulled luminous blue-gray eyes. Anakin?s eating utensil fell to his plate with a clang as he reached over and grasped Obi-Wan?s wrist. Waiting until his mentor raised his gaze, he leaned forward earnestly.

"I don?t hold you responsible for any of this. You did what the Force willed you to do and sacrificed everything in order to protect me. Master Eitan?s change of heart very well could have come about because of our exodus. Please don?t doubt yourself or my belief in you," he implored the older man.

Obi-Wan offered him a wobbly smile of gratitude as he nodded. Anakin smiled in relief and returned to his meal with renewed gusto. They were close to finishing and had fallen into a quiet discussion about what they?d just learned when the door beeped, signaling the arrival of a friend. They both still tensed, hands resting on the hilts of their lightsabers until their visitor was revealed. Dex wide mouth split into a huge grin as he lumbered into the room.

"Hah! It makes my heart sing to see the two of you sitting here enjoying my food once again," the amphibious being crowed in delight.

Obi-Wan and Anakin exchanged a humorous look as Dex grunted and groaned as he wiggled his considerable bulk onto the bench next to Obi-Wan. Resting huge muscled arms on top of the table, their friend?s expression took on a troubled mien.

"What if anything have you heard about the attack on a Jedi by another?" He inquired solemnly.

"Senator Organa mentioned it. He said the new Council is refusing to release any details, which makes me wonder how you found out about it," Obi-Wan commented thoughtfully, his eyes briefly meeting Anakin?s.

Massive shoulders shrugging, Dex reached out with a thick stubby finger and lightly poked at the gelatinous desert on Obi-Wan?s plate. When his Jedi friend shot him a warning glower, he merely grinned hugely before once again growing serious.

"I know because some friends of mine stumbled upon the actual beating and scared the assailant off. They recognized their clothing as being Jedi so they brought the victim here to me. The Jedi briefly regained consciousness and whispered a name. I contacted this person and he came and ret

9. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Aw, you're too sweet. But you forget that it's never a chore to read your posts. :)

Loved this. There's a lot still to come out. Hope Obi gets a chance to speak to Bant. Looking forward to more!

Shaindl

10. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    I like the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. :)

Maybe Obi will accidently run into Eitan while he's within the Temple walls. Then they could talk some things out - good or bad - without Anakin having to see the two people he cares for most trying to sort out their differences.

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Almost-mush!!!! Yay! That was a great post! I have a feeling that Anakin is either going to go before Obi-Wan or after. Either way, there is no way he is going to sit around doing nothing! I know it!

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Excellent post! Loved how Anakin passed over his own troubled feelings to reach out to Obi and comfort him. That was sweet!! Uh oh... he's found out that the one that got hurt was Bant! And he's gonna go in alone? Ummm that is a good idea and safer... but could prove troublesome. Hopefully Dex can guard Anakin... or I should say keep the kid *in place* hehehehe

Great post!!!

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Moving along nicely I'd say! Great job!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Bant and Obi have that discussion today. ;)

Bekah You're so clever! I swear sometimes you read my mind! :eek:

dp Hi stranger! The almost mush drew you out hum? ;)

Kynstar Obi wants to be certain how things are before he endangers Anakin. What a guy! [face_love]

DL Thanks dear! I'm chugging right along! :) Rolling rolling rolling! Keep them doggies rolling! 8-}

Weekend posty! :D Poor o_e works late Friday. :_| See some of you this weekend at the awards! I have to tag along to help Shaindl carry all of her trophys. :D

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Obi-Wan stood in the dimly lit alleyway that ran behind the row of buildings that surrounded the Jedi Temple?s perimeter. Dusk was only moments away, the sky darkening as storm clouds threatened to dump a deluge of moisture on the city. The rapidly declining weather mirrored Obi-Wan?s mood as his thoughts turned back toward his parting with Anakin. His young friend and apprentice had been visibly distressed at having to remain behind even though he understood his mentor?s reasoning. This was the first time in six years that they had been separated for any length of time.

Senator Organa had sent Obi-Wan a message directing him to wait at this particular spot for Knight Kiran at a certain time. Bail had offered his best wishes while also expressing his concern for Obi-Wan?s safety. A smile curved his lips as he recalled the way even a holo had been unable to mask Bail?s heated glare as he offered Obi-Wan one last parting shot.

"I just got you back Kenobi. Don?t do something stupid like get yourself killed!"

His amusement faded as he caught sight of the robed figure who passed directly in front of his hiding place. Straightening, Obi-Wan watched as the man paused and pushed a hood off as he tilted his head back to gaze up at something overhead. It enabled Obi-Wan to see that this was his contact, Knight Kiran. The short clipped blond hair was a stark contrast to deeply tanned features. Features that were heavily lined at the corner of his eyes and mouth, a sign that he viewed most things with humor. The sideways glance the knight shot him held little traces of humor however. Light blue eyes gleamed with unspoken accusation before glancing away.

The knight?s head tilted slightly to the side before he once again continued on his way with an abrupt wave of his hand for Obi-Wan to follow. Obi-Wan slipped out from his spot, pulling his own hood down over his features as he fell into step behind the other man. He struggled to keep within a few feet as they weaved their way through the throng of beings that scurried about doing everyday chores. Kiran moved at a quick pace, his compact frame enabling him to slip in between the mob of beings. Obi-Wan was forced to search for the knight?s Force signature on several occasions in order to keep track of him. As he spotted the other man several feet ahead, he hurried forward, his instincts warning him the knight would feel no remorse if he lost Obi-Wan completely.

Their course took them around the back of the Temple and into a seldom used tunnel that had been around as long as Obi-Wan could remember. It was used mainly by padawans who wanted to sneak out of the Temple unsupervised in order to experience Coruscant without a stern master staring over their shoulder. Obi-Wan himself had traveled the tunnels on several trips below level with Garen and Reeft. Bant had always refused to join in on their escapades no matter how much they bullied and teased her.

Knight Kiran waved a hand in the air as they moved down the dimly lit space. A quick glance showed Obi-Wan that his guide had used the Force in order to turn the security cameras away long enough for them both to pass by undetected. They no doubt were a sure sign of Vos? influence on the Temple these days.

As they reached the door that Obi-Wan knew led to the Healers Ward, Knight Kiran stopped and turned to face him directly for the first time. Another wav

15. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    :eek:

Evil!Obi! Evil!Obi! Evil!Obi! :p

oe, you do know that that post classifies as a cliffhanger, right? And hobbits have very short fingers, not good for hanging on to the side of cliffs? Right? Another postie soon, please!! :D

edit: Good luck at the awards! I'm sure you'll need to bring along Shai and Jivan to help you carry all your awards. :D (Shaindl has Garen, right? :p)

16. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    :eek:

Good thing Anakin's not there! Hope Bant and Eitan can get through to Obi-Wan. [face_praying]

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Nooooooooo! Damn, when it's Obi vs. Eitan, whom do you root for?

I think I'll go with Eitan. Because Obi-Wan isn't exactly thinking clearly. :D (maybe he picked that up from Jinn, hmmm...)

I [face_love] the Eitan/Tamir mush! So sweet! :* And my interest in Knight Kiran is purely professional (no, really!), as a reader, because he's sticking by Eitan so fiercely. And I like the way Kiran told Obi-Wan that he was doing this to ease Eitan's suffering. :(

Eitan/Tamir = Eimir? :p

18. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    You're too sweet. Thank you. [:D]

Loved the changes you made from what you showed me. I hope Obi can hold off long enough to listen to what Eitan has to say. Or that Garen shows up to stop him. Guess we'll find out, hm? Hope it's not too long! ;)

Shaindl

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I had to smack myself for missing TWO posts. How in the heck did I do that? Yours is one of the first stories I look for!

Yikes, I am getting old. Hey, no wisecracks from the peanut gallery.

WOW! This story continues to amaze and delight. Sigh...I love the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin in this. They are still very much in character, but with just enough difference to have made all the difference (yes I expressed it clumsily but I'm tired and I'm supposed to be making dinner - shhhh!)

Again, I applaud your original characters, which are just as rich and complex as the canon characters. Another wonderful (THREE) posts!

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi... he can't get it thru his thick skull that his friend beat the crap out of his other friend. *Tsk* *Tsk* You got too much Jinn in you, Obi! Wake up kid! Smell the caffe!!

Great job!!! Man oh man... I juz hope Eitan talks some sense in him before the whole temple *hears* him being back, and I mean hear as in all the rukus he's causing at the moment! ;) *snrk* Excellent work!!

21. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Obi! Drop the lightsaber and step away from the dude!

22. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm with HHP here. If Shai and Ji are not enough to help the two of you out, there are always enough other OCs of you there to come to help you both.

Is Obi insane to init a lightsaber outside of training rooms inside a Temple under tight surveillance? There have to be a reson Eitan confronted Reeft in one of those instead of somewhere else in the Temple. This surely set off some kind of alarm!

Obi doesn't only think not streight but not at all. No matter how influenced Bant might be in Obi's eyes, it was still Reeft that attacked her to get information. Information that Eitan doesn't need to press out of Bant, if she was so influenced by him.

Let's hope Bail's fear wont come true because of this and that Obi isn't about blowing the whole cover of the resistance in Temple.

Eitan should knock him out and bring him to Yoda, if at all posible.

Sorry that I have to rant about Obi-Wan, but that was not very wise of him.

[face_love] Vadey

23. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I am so sorry--somehow I missed the last couple of posts. Tremendous job! =D= Listen to them Obi! Please! Can't wait for more and I'll try not to get that far behind again.

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    wicked girl to incite poor obi that way

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Wahoo!!! I'm the happiest person alive tonight!! Thanks to you wonderful people, I just won Best Original Character- Eitan Delano at the Summer Awards!! This one really means the world to me so big [:D] and :* to each and everyone of you! I'm beyond speechless and overcome with giddiness! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.