main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Despite the hell that you constantly put him through, Eitan loves you!

[image=http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v23/JadeSolo/ollej%20fun/Eitan1.jpg]

See how happy he is! :p

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeeees! And a big huge whooping [:D] too!! Yippee! Congrats obi_ew!!!!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Congrats to o_e & Eitan!!!

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    HHP My you are obsessed with the idea of an evil Obi aren't you? :D As for the awards, I won the one that meant the most to me so I am beyond happy. :)

Bekah Anakin would have hated to witness this scene for sure. :(

Jade You know you have to cheer for Eitan. :p Eimir? [face_laugh]

Shaindl Thanks for giving me your thoughts on these last few. :) Congrats on your big wins last night also! =D=

VaderLVR Again, I applaud your original characters, which are just as rich and complex as the canon characters. [face_blush] That means the world and so does the award. Thanks and congrats for your big wins and good luck today! ;)

Kynstar Obi is still rather reckless. [face_devil]

dp [face_laugh] Too funny!

Vadey I bet Eitan is on top of things. ;) Thanks for cheering for me last night. [:D]

jedimommie That's okay. Thanks for replying when you can. :)

PK Who incited him? You? :D

Jade Oh Eitan looks thrilled all right! [face_laugh] Knowing him, I'm sure he's more embarrassed than anything. :p

Kynstar and PK Thanks! :)

As I said last night, I can't thank you guys enough for the votes. Most of you know me well enough to know how much winning the OC award means to me. You guys are the bestest! [:D] :* Here's a thank you posty.

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

Eitan remained fixed in place as the younger man slowly began to advance on him with the deadly weapon. A part of him felt true regret at knowing that he would never get a chance to see Anakin again, to talk to him about the past. Never be able to explore the strange currents that seemed determined to bring him and the little initiate Tamir together. Regretted not living to see the day that Quinlan Vos was brought down and ousted from the Order, stripped of his powers and the only life he?d ever known. Regretted the guilt he knew young Obi-Wan would experience once he?d calmed down and realized what he had done.

As he tuned out Bant?s almost hysterical cries, Eitan also admitted that he faced his impending death with a sense of relief and calm. Finally he would be able to rest, the weight of so many mistakes lifted as he became one with the Force. A smile curved his lips as he imagined the moment when he would once again come face to face with his beloved master. He would be able to meet Master Majid?s gaze and finally feel worthy of the pride he knew would be in the golden orbs.

Obi-Wan came to a stop merely a hands berth away, the saber unsteady in his grip. Staring into Eitan?s dark gaze he felt a jolt of shock when he realized that the other man almost seemed to long for the death Obi-Wan was offering. The glowing blue blade hissed as it was extinguished, the hand that held the silver hilt dropping to hang by his side. His mind raced with a tumult of questions, some of which spilled unbidden from his lips.

"How much of what happened was real and how much was an elaborate setup? Did you truly plan to turn Anakin over to Vos?" Obi-Wan asked in a faintly pleading tone.

Both he and Bant held their breath as they awaited Eitan?s response. The Jedi Master?s pained gaze traveled over his shoulder to rest briefly on Bant?s frightened face. Eitan began to speak in a monotone voice, his eyes remaining fixated on the young healer as if drawing strength from her soft presence.

"I?ll tell you this only once cubling and if you doubt what I say, so be it. The subject will never again be spoken of between us. After my master died I was angry with the Council for sending us on such a dangerous mission. Master Vos was quick to step in and offer me a chance to make them pay and I willingly took him up on it. I?ve stood by his side and plotted to take over the Order. It wasn?t until Anakin came under my charge that I began to seriously doubt the direction we were going. I grew to care about him very quickly and found myself unable to allow Vos to twist him into someone evil, someone like what I had become."

Eitan fell silent fo

5. Eitan_Delano

Eitan_Delano Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2004
    o_O You people are scary. clears throat My creator is overcome with joy so I thank you.

6. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You're welcome, but you do all the hard work. :) Glad Obi didn't run Eitan through and took the time to listen. The meeting between Eitan and Anakin should be interesting. Can't wait for it!

Congratulations on the win - no one deserved it more. Eitan is one of the best characters around. I didn't even Ria losing to him. ;)

Shaindl

7. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Whew, that was a close call!

Good thing that the mind set to not cut down someone who doesn't even protect himself is so deeply rooted in Obi-Wan, otherwise Eitan would be dead.

A good decission of Obi to convince Eitan to see Anakin, so that everything is in the oppen between them.

Concerning the Award; you'r always welcome. [:D]

[face_love] Vadey

8. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Congrats on the award! You sure deserve it! You're stories and characters are awesome!

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippy! Obi came to his senses!! Poor Eitan... was ready to die for what he had done. How sweet and noble! *sigh* What a man! What a man! ;)

Great work on this chappie!! Him spilling the beans!
    Can't wait for the talk with Anakin! At least Anakin will be relieved that the man isn't all evil! :D

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Wow, i've missed some great posts! Very info packed obi_ew. I've got to go back three posts - to when Ani and Obi were with Dex. Loved Ani's declaration of loyalty. This line was great too - it's these kind of little details in your writing that just make a scene...

Obi-Wan got to his own feet, a small inward sigh a result of the realization that he already had to tip his head back in order to meet the young man?s gaze.

Eitan and Obi's confrontation was very heated, as we all knew it would be. I found Eitan a bit condescending, but all in all - it was good :) I like that he and Ban't have become such good friends - and all in order to keep Obi and Ani protected.

Can't wait for Eitan and Ani's talk. Great writing - as usual.

--shan

Oh, and I almost forgot- C o N g R a T u L a T i O n S on your OC win!!!!! I know how much you wanted it. Woo-Hoo!! :D

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    They might even allow themselves to oneday be friends? They have taken big steps today!

12. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Congrats on Best Original Character! Very well done! :)

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Congratulations on Eitan o_e! [face_love]

I was so glad to see another post after Obi-Wan faces Eitan for the first time after their absence. The feelings going between them was intense and I couldn't wait to read more. I also liked how Anakin comforted Obi-Wan. Seems he is growing up :)

I wasn't sure what Obi-Wan was going to do. There are so many hard feelings between the two. Wonderful the way Eitan prepared himself for death and how he thought of his Master. Obi-Wan couldn't do it! :D

Eitan say, "Vos is mine." He had better be careful! Since he now knows Vos killed his Master, the dark emotions are going to come easily to the surface. I really feel like he is going to have a struggle with the darkness. I really like how he saw what Vos did to him and did not want to repeat the mistake with Anakin. I like that he is nervous to see Anakin again. [face_love] He really cares for the boy. :)

14. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Obi-Wan had to ignore the tortured look that twisted Eitan?s features and push ahead. "Anakin deserves the truth and he deserves to hear it from your own lips. He admires and adores you even though he fears the worst. You will do this."

"Damn you cubling," Eitan cursed him with obvious anguish. "You don?t fight fair."

I like these lines though I am not exactly sure why. I love Eitan and I hate him. It takes a very talented writer to do that! An amazing story!

Congrats to Eitan!

15. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Allow me to add my congratulations as well on the best OC. You truly deserve it! Great post--I love Obi-Wan forcing Eitan to tell Anakin the truth. I can't wait for the next post!

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh my goodness! That was even better than I anticipated! And I anticipated a lot, believe me. WOW! I LOVE Obi-Wan (okay that isn't hard I grant you that) but he was so "OBI" in this. All noble, even when he doesn't want to be, LOL!

Obi-Wan had to ignore the tortured look that twisted Eitan?s features and push ahead. "Anakin deserves the truth and he deserves to hear it from your own lips. He admires and adores you even though he fears the worst. You will do this."

"Damn you cubling," Eitan cursed him with obvious anguish. "You don?t fight fair."

For the first time since they had come face to face once again, Obi-Wan offered the older man a small genuine smile. "I guess we can make that our common ground. When it comes to Anakin we?ll do whatever it takes in order to do what?s best for him."

And Eitan? Well what can I say about him except that I just wanted to hug him and tell him that it will be all right. Of course, I could be lying because I don't know what his creator has in mind. But I will say this "WELL DONE" and you more than deserved the OC award. You've done an incredible job.

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks so much for giving me your thoughts on these posts. :) I'd tell you I was sorry Eiatn won over Ria but I'd be lying. :p

Vadey I guess we can thank dead Jinn for training Obi well. ;)

dp [face_blush] Thank you dear.

Kynstar Anakin will be satisfied. I think. [face_devil]

Shan :) Thanks for the kind words. I went back and re-read the post after getting your PM and I understand what you meant about Eitan's attitude. :D

PK No baby steps for these two! :D

Reihla Thanks my dear. I read and replied to Naboo Rain. Your canon wins were most certainly well deserved. Your Anakin and Obi were dead on! :)

tangled_sphere Thank you! I think you are right about the confrontation with Vos. Eitan will have some dark feelings to deal with. [face_worried]

VadersMistress Love/hate? As long as Eitan's inciting emotions in you, I'll take hate. :D

jedimommie :) Thank you for the kind words and for replying.

VaderLVR Wow! [face_blush] Such lovely words. I'm so glad you liked and I hope this one pleases also. It was tough deciding how it would play out.

CHAPTER FIFTY

Eitan?s heart raced madly as he trailed behind Obi-Wan. The closer they drew to Dex?s Diner, the more he felt himself losing control of the steely grip he?d held over his feelings and emotions for so long. He was afraid if he allowed even the smallest of cracks to form in the barrier he?d erected, it wouldn?t take long before it split wide open and he was hauled under by the deluge. Years of brutally squashing any and all emotions in order to achieve what he thought he?d wanted would be obliterated in a matters of seconds. He couldn?t afford to feel.

Obi-Wan paused outside of the back door to the diner and turned toward his reluctant companion. Even with his face covered by the hood of his robe, it was easy to feel the way the Force swirled around Delano. The taller man rested a hand against the side of the building as if to steady himself, broad shoulders noticeably bowed, as if the weight they carried had become too much for the man to bear. Remembering everything Delano had just revealed to him, Obi-Wan knew that he would not have held up so well for so long. Clearing his throat in order to regain Eitan?s attention, Obi-Wan spoke with surprising gentleness.

"The truth, just as you told me. Promise?"

Eitan merely nodded curtly, too nervous to form a coherent reply. The younger man gave him one last troubled glance before entering a code into the door control. As the entrance was opened for them, Eitan drew in a deep steadying breath before forcing his legs to carry him forward. They strode down the short hallway, the muted sounds of the busy diner beyond fading as they neared the door at the end of the hall.

Obi-Wan activated the door control and hurried inside before his companion had a chance to change his mind. His gaze immediately sought out and found his young apprentice. Anakin and Dex sat at a table playing a game of sabacc. A faint grin curved Obi-Wan?s lips when he saw the small mound of credit chips sitting in front of his apprentice. Those and the disgruntled look on Dex?s fleshy face easily told him who was on the winning end.

Anakin leapt up at his entrance, a wide smile of relief plastered across his face. "You made it back safely!"

Obi-Wan returned the smile as he approached and tossed a cursory glance over the table before sending Dex a speaking glance.

"What? He?s beating the pants off of me," the amphibian muttered in disgust, one set of hands pulling on the back of his sagging britches for emphasis.

Obi-Wan let the comment pass in favor of resting his hands on the young man?s shoulders. Anakin?s good humored smile slowly faded as he saw the serious look in his mentor?s eyes.

"What?s wrong?" He inquired, his sharp gaze quickly taking an inventory of the man before him.

"Ani," Obi-Wan began, only to pause as he tried to decide how best to broach the subject at hand.

The decisi

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great! Juz great! Loved the reunion! Sweeet Eitan! ;)

And Anakin keeping the book safe and buying it with his expertise in fixing things. How sweet!!!

Glad the 3 are somewhat on good terms! That had to hurt when Anakin called Obi-Wan Master.

Good work there! Loved the bit about Dex getting beat in the game! Hilarious! ;)

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh Anakin's reaction was perfect! He's growing up! Obi-Wan's wisdom has rubbed off on him, as well as his patience. I loved it when he said he knew Obi-Wan well enough to know that Eitan would have had to spill his guts to him earlier. The gift was just amazing, made me a little teary eyed.

Anakin?s unblinking stare felt as if it bored a hole into him. Most Jedi were trained to use their heightened senses in order to gauge the truth of a person?s words. Their ability to do so varied by the strength of the Jedi in the Force. As he stood there and was surrounded by the incredible power of Anakin?s connection to the Force, Eitan was more than a little shaken as a sudden realization hit him. Anakin was looking into his very heart in order to gauge the truth of his words. Although Eitan had known all along that his former apprentice held unbelievable powers in his grasp, the full scope of them was unsettling.

Once again you manage to convey the sheer power that is Anakin Skywalker. Loved it! Every single syllable.

20. egm_lover

egm_lover Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    Wow! Amazing meeting between the two! =D=

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I put up a one shot viggie over on the Before board for anyone interested. A nice Obi/Xan. [face_love] [face_devil]

Circle Of Hate

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    And it was a great viggie!!!! Ohhh man you got Xan down right good!

23. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I have finally caught up oe. I can't believe how much I missed. Obi and Ani back in town, their reunion with Bail, Obi sneaking in to see Bant, confronting Eitan, Eitan telling him the truth and the the reunion with Anakin. Phew! All of it written brilliantly by the way. I loved every minute of it. :D

Congrats on your OC award, you write some of the most lovable OC's I have ever read and the award is well deserved. :)

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    sweet mushiness :)

25. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.