Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lovely post. I really liked the description of the creche and all the happy children minus one. I do think that Master Trew should have tried to get Anakin more involved - paired him with a couple of others that might accept him a little easier. That's how they would have done it at a good daycare center.

And I'm not sure that Obi-Wan would have made him a good Master. He did handle telling Anakin the news well but turned to leave much too soon. He needed to give the child a lot more support and would have left him there alone and unhappy without explaining that he had planned on being an "older" brother type. It could have been a lot worse if Anakin hadn't spoken up. Poor kid! I guess I'm more sympathetic because I have a 9 year old myself and know what kinds of little hurts can blow up into huge ones.

Good job, OE. You are certainly raising everyone's perceptions nicely.
  2. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved this post oe. Obi-Wan's memories of his friendship with Garen were sweet and I too hope to see Garen pop in at some point in your story. :D

I thought Obi-Wan did a great job tellling Anakin his bad news. He could have laid it all at the Council's feet but he was honest enough to tell Anakin that he did not think he was ready to be a master and that he spoke without thinking when he promised. I think that honesty will go a long way towards making Anakin trust Obi-Wan in the future.

3. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwww, Obikin mush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Sniffling, Anakin offered him a wobbly smile. "Okay. Do you want to stay and help me finish rewiring this?"

His heart aching at the eager and hopeful look on the boy's face, Obi-Wan smiled faintly as he moved back into the room and dropped down to sit cross legged across from him.

"I'd love to."

Nice bonding there! Hope Obi can be there for Anakin - meaning that I hope Anakin's new Master doesn't try to keep them apart.

~Bek
  5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Why do i have the feeling anakins new master will be a huge jerk and meanie?..... 8-} and as for obiwan being the big bro how cute.... [face_love]
    but i have a feeling the force wont let them stay apart for long :D.........
  6. Opal Jedi Master

star 4
    Am I reading this correctly, because it looks like the Jedi Council may collectively have half a brain in this one?

Great fic so far. It should be interesting to see how this all pans out.
  7. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Had to catch this one too!

I do hope that the Counsil doesn't screw this up. But then again...

--until next time--
    6669 [face_devil]
  8. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice, obi-ew! :)

I wonder who Anakin's master will be now that the Council has made their decision...

And what will come of Obi-Wan now that he won't be Anakin's master?

Can't wait for more, obi-ew!

:D
  9. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    Like the way that Obi-Wan handled that. Great job!
  10. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    You ARE developing your writting style!

You put so much description even in the smallest side character and detail.

Perhabs Obi should spend part of his free time with Ani as long as he hasn't a master yet. He could coax him into spending time with the other children to make friends. But he should step back a bit when a Master is found to give them time for bonding.

BTW,I found this on page 3 again.

[face_love] Vadey
  11. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Shaindl :p Garen will make his presence known, I'm sure. ;)

Red Shaindl beat me to the baby Obi/Garen posts! At least I don't kill my Obis! :_|

LE Love the icon. [face_love] Obi is such a wonderful man isn't he? :)

PK Anakin tends to be difficult no matter who writes him. :D

diane I'm not sure Obi-Wan has enough experience dealing with children. ;)

Sheila Dang Garen lovers! :p

dp Sorta kinda. :D

Bekah Good point! The new master may not like or encourage their bonding. :(

JTJG Huge Jerk? One of my characters? Nah! :p

Opal Hi! Nice to meet ya! :) I'm glad you found us and are enjoying so far.

DL The Council certainly has a bad track record. :D

astro Obi-Wan will have his own adventures I'm sure. ;)

froggy Thanks again for the wonderful beta work. :)

Vadey Glad you see some improvement already. :)

Working on the new posty as we speak. :)

12. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    CHAPTER FOUR

Unbeknown to the majority of Jedi who inhabited the ancient Jedi Temple, there was a level hidden deep in the lowest bowels. Abandoned centuries ago in favor of the more modern and aesthetically pleasing decor, it had been long forgotten except by the few Masters who studied such matters.

At one time the level had been used both as a place for deep reflection and as a type of prison, the walls having built in Force dampeners. Jedi who had lost their way and become a danger not only to themselves but to others had been kept locked in the rooms until a final decision could be made as to their fate. Those type of situations happened less often after the Sith had been exterminated, making the level obsolete.

Due to neglect it became unstable over time prompting the Council who then served, to order it off limits. After shoring up the crumbling structure, the doors were all sealed except for one. That door was left so that the Jedi in charge of keeping detailed accounts of ancient history would have access to any files or records left behind.

A cleverly hidden door in the archives led to a long winding stair case that descended into a yawning black chasm. Dust heavily coated every inch of the barren chambers, undisturbed by anything but a stray nocturnal creature. Intricate webbing hung from the vaulted ceilings, their designs an awe inspiring example of nature?s artwork.

The normally tomb like silence that filled the deserted floor was suddenly broken by the echo of a pair of heavy footsteps; booted heels leaving their print in the layer of dust. The edge of a dark robe trailed along the floor, its imprint making swirls in the grime as the hooded figure traveled down the empty hallways.

A glowing blue light broke through the gloom, lighting the way for the tall and heavily muscled figure. Moving with brutal efficiency, he entered the main chamber and took a moment to stare up at the towering cathedral like ceiling. Every inch was covered with beautiful paintings that depicted the Jedi of ages past battling their Sith brethren. They had been used as a tool to help those in need recognize just how small a step was needed in order to plunge one down the dark path. An expression of just how blurred the line between good and evil could become. If one took the time, they could trace the origins of many of today?s Jedi through those paintings. Many of the current knights were descendents of those ancient Jedi and Sith.

"Your mission was a success my apprentice?" a low voice broke into the stillness.

Jumping slightly before he could prevent it, the new arrival gathered himself and bowed deeply. "Yes my Master. Our allies are well organized and the plans are moving along at a favorable pace."

From a pitch black corner of the room, a shadow broke away from the wall and slowly moved into range of the glow rod. Heavily robed also, this figure carried the unmistakable bearing of one who knows their importance.

"Excellent! I would have been better served if I had sent you to Naboo. Maul, although a brilliant student, lacked one major quality. He was not a Jedi," the elder figure mused aloud, a gloved hand fingering the metal cylinder that hung from the leather tool belt.

"He was able to get Jinn out of the way," the younger of the two commented.

"True, but Jinn?s apprentice still lives. Kenobi could become a problem in the future, we must watch him closely. The Council has denied his request to train the boy fortunately. Your name is on the top of a short list."

"You believe I stand a good chance?" the student inquired eagerly.

A husky chuckle greeted his question, the flash of straight white teeth briefly appearing from under the concealing hood. "That?s one of the things I admire so much about you my boy, your thirst for power. Between me and our partner, we should be able to sway the Council in your favor."

Moving forward, a gloved hand lifted to rest on the tall man?s shoulder. "Once Skywalker is under our influence, we can give him the proper training. With t
  13. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Aaaahhhhh!!! It's Dooku!

Maybe? [face_mischief]

edit: And now that I've grabbed first reply :p ...It could be Dooku, but the "apprentice" seems like a younger man. I know, I know, this is a Xan-free zone :D (though, Garen as the evil apprentice, hey there's an idea) Those visuals you gave were really something, especially the Jedi battling the Sith.

The previous post was so sad, Anakin distancing himself from the others :(
  14. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Very interesting, post. :) Very mysterious! :)
  15. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Jade and I are thinking the same thing. I always thought of Dooku as older than Palpy. That post made me think the apprentice was younger- hence not Dooku.

Who could he be? May it's not even a he since o_e was carefully gender nuetral...Curious.
  16. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    SEE I TOLD YOU ANAKINS MASTER IS WAY BEYOND JERK!!!!
  18. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    That knight is already on top of the Council's short list of possible Masters for Anakin?

Not good at all. The situation, not your post.
    Very mysterious, so much so, that I don't guess around.

[face_love] Vadey
  19. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    So not only do the Jedi have a traitor in their midst but he is trusted enough to be on the top of their list to train the Chosen One. I can't wait to see who this is oe.
  20. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
  21. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    "True, but Jinn?s apprentice still lives. Kenobi could become a problem in the future, we must watch him closely. The Council has denied his request to train the boy fortunately. Your name is on the top of a short list."

Have a feeling Obi may not be allowed near Anakin much. Someone's got big plans for Ani.

~Bek
  22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmmm well once we find out who anakins master is we'll know who the bad guys is wont we 8-}
    but yes i have a feeling obiwan wont be allowed near anakin much :mad: hmmmmmm but some how the force will in the end put anakin and obiwan together!!!!
  23. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds like this could get nasty. So Sidious is trying to get Anakin for himself. The Council needs to choose wisely but will they?

As for the young man, since this is AU, it could be Bruck!
  24. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Jade Dooku? What makes you think it's a man? [face_devil]

Sara_Kenobi Good! I was hoping to keep you all guessing! :D

PK Palpy? The main bad guy here is Jedi. :eek:

dp Yes indeed! ;)

JTJG Ani doesn't even have a master yet silly. :p

Vadey :eek: I have you stumped?!

Sheila You'll just have to wait missy! :p

Jacen Nice to have you around. :)

Bekah Very big plans! :(

JTJG You'll know who the apprentice is at any rate. ;)

diane Sidious? He's no where around. Bruck? Much too young. :D

Hope to get motivated and have something in a few days.

25. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What makes you think it's a man?

Because of this tell-tale sentence:

Moving forward, a gloved hand lifted to rest on the tall man?s shoulder.

Deduction: Apprentice = Male :D Not necessarily Dooku, but the truth is there! You said it yourself, a male it is! The more intriguing question, though, is who the master is, since you've implied it's not Sidious. Female baddie? :cool:
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.