Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wonderful o_e!

Loved the interaction between Eitan and Obi-Wan as they are about to see Anakin:

Obi-Wan knew that he would not have held up so well for so long. Clearing his throat in order to regain Eitan?s attention, Obi-Wan spoke with surprising gentleness.

"The truth, just as you told me. Promise?"

Glad Dex could find a way to entertain the youngling. [face_laugh]

That reunion was so sweet! I wasn't sure how Anakin would react (apparently Eitan felt the same way.) ;)

They had been apart so long! It's great to see Eitan's perspective of how Anakin has changed. And when Anakin looks into his heart....[face_love] I think that hug and the gift made the last 6 years of hell more bearable. Wonderful moment!

Now, we must deal with this Vos <evil grin> Looking forward to it!

2. jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Loved this post! The interaction between Eitan and Anakin was so well played. I can see it happen as I read it. I just love stories that provide that to the readers. Can't wait for the next post. Soon, I hope?
  3. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awesome job on those last few posts. Would say more, but the librarian is kicking me off here. Will stop back in soon!

Congrats on the win for Eitan!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]
  4. Bekah_K Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Yes Master," Obi-Wan replied with mock obedience.

Eitan settled for tossing him a cool warning stare before he slipped out of the room. Obi-Wan?s soft laughter accompanied him as he strode from the diner with much lighter steps.

Looks like Obi has settled his differences with Eitan. The three of them will make a heck of a team when everything falls into place (after the younglings are gone of course). :)

The reunion between Anakin and Eitan was great, and the fact that Anakin knows that Obi will tell him the details of their conversation later just shows the trust that he and Obi have developed over the years.

Great job - more please!!!!
  5. shanobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great job! I liked how Ani panicked just a bit when he realized Obi was leaving the room.

The entire scene was very well done as was the emotions of both Ani and Eitan. The gift was sweet :)

Can't wait for the upcoming action :D

--shan
  6. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    You do those deep feelings so good.

Eitan, who nervously and a bit fearfully awaited his former Padawan's judgement about all his actions and his secret hurt to now hear Anakin call Obi-Wan Master instead of him.

But no matter how much he loves the boy Ani once was, he fears the powers he posseses. Let's hope Obi really trained him well enough, not that powers backfires on the rescuers of the Jedi Order because young Anakin still can't control them fully.

[face_love] Vadey
  7. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    Kynstar Thanks! I hoped Eitan's pained reaction to hearing Ani call Obi master came across. :)

VaderLVR [face_blush] You always make me feel like I'm doing a good job. [:D]

egm Hi! :D

Kynstar ;) Thanks.

Sheila So nice to see you back! I'm glad the posts pleased. :)

PK A mish mash of mush there. :D

dp Thanks dear! :)

tangled_sphere Vos will be dealt with in the near future. Never fear. [face_devil]

jedimommie [face_blush] That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

DL Hurry back! :p

Bekah Lucky Anakin huh? To have two men like that devoted to him? [face_love]

Shan Action? :eek: Noooooooo!!!! :p

Vadey I don't think Eitan would have sent Ani off with Obi if he didn't trust the training he'd give him. :)

Want to take a sec to give Shaindl a big :* for being brutally honest with me about this fic. Yes it has caused me to trash three posts and start over :_| but I know she's right. And another big [:D] to Shanobi for once again putting me back on the right path. You two are the best! [face_love]

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

Eitan pulled on his robe as he strode down the Temple hallways. He was conscious of the furtive glances that were shot his way by the few Jedi loyal to Vos as he passed by. Since word of his confrontation with young Reeft had gotten out, word had quickly spread that Eitan was not someone to be messed with. They believed he had killed the younger Jedi merely to prove a point to anyone who was contemplating trying to usurp his position as Vos? right hand man. The mere notion that anyone would believe him capable of such cold blooded murder had Eitan shooting them a dark warning glower.

A small satisfied smile curved his lips as they quickly turned away. Stepping into Kiran?s office, he locked the door behind him and turned only to pull up short. The figure that sat in a chair, straightened at his arrival.

"What is he doing here?" Eitan demanded coolly, his gaze narrowing as Kiran quickly stood up from behind his desk.

"He wants to help. I thoroughly briefed him and thought that maybe he could accompany you today," the younger man explained hesitantly.

Disbelief flared in midnight dark orbs at the suggestion. "You thought I would agree to allow him to protect my back during such an important event? He?s made it crystal clear that he has little use for me."

Garen quickly got to his feet and faced his former friend with a quiet confidence. "I was hurt and allowed someone I grew up with to twist my feelings toward you. I don?t expect you to forgive me for being so quick to doubt your character, but I hope you can rise above it and allow me to help."

Kiran worriedly glanced between the two as they stared one another down. They needed all of the help they could get and he prayed that Eitan would keep that in mind. His shoulders relaxed slightly when he saw the look of reluctant acceptance that crossed the Jedi Master?s features.

"Fine Muln, join in. Just don?t give me a reason to regret trusting you," Eitan warned the younger man before focusing on the upcoming mission. "Does Master Allan have the younglings ready?"

Kiran nodded an affirmative answer. "Yes and he assures me that all of them understand what?s at stake here."

"What about our other passengers?" Eitan inquired with a raised eyebrow.

A slight grin twitched the corners of Kiran?s mouth, mischief glinting in his eyes. "Safely aboard but far from pleased about it. We had quite a time encouraging them to agree with our plan. They were deeply concerned about how you would explain their sudden absence."

"They're not the only ones," Eitan muttered underneath his breath before heading for the door. "Wish us luck Ki."

"May the Force be with you," the younger man called after their departing backs.

Garen fell into step behind the older man, his pulse racing as he anticipated what they were prepared to do. As far as he knew, an evacuat
  8. Shaindl Jedi Master

star 4
    I caused you to trash three posts? Gods above, I hope you forgive me! :p I hope I helped in some way. :)

Loved this chap, OE! Your writing just gets better with every post. But who saw them? I love that Garen went with them. I'm glad he'll be in the thick of things. :D Can't wait for more!

Shaindl
  9. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    *Whew* Close call! But Eitan has the young'uns safely away!!

Uh oh... somebody spotted Obi and Anakin! Not good! Guess we'll have to see what happens with that in the next chappie.

GREAT work!! :D
  10. AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yet another great update! Eitan is an incredible character. Wonderful work.
  11. PadawanKitara Jedi Master

star 5
  12. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes there are some surprices.
    Obi and Ani are outed, Mace and Yoda are with the youngsters on the trip and Vos is very suspicious.

Time to use the famous Star Wars saying, " I have a bad feeling about this."

Hm, what is Garen's role in all this. Why does he join the resistance right now and not before?

[face_love] Vadey
  13. Bekah_K Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have a feeling when Eitan returns that Vos will assign him to go after Obi-Wan and Anakin.

When will Garen learn of their return, or has Bant told him yet? [face_thinking]
  14. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Eitan is really risking everything, here! [face_love] And Vos is still trusting him, he is either very sure of his hold on him and feels overconfident...or has some ulterior motives that will put him further in power. Hmmmm.... ;)

'The glint of macrobinoculars' Not good! Watch out Obi-Wan and Anakin! :eek: I have a feeling matters are going to get much more difficult for them!
    Great job, o_e!
  15. Sheila Jedi Master

star 4
    Who was watching Obi-Wan and Anakin oe? This can't be good. :(
  16. shanobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Excellent post o_e! You're really setting a lovely anticipatory pace here :D

Loved this line....

All focus swung toward them, looks of trust and expectancy glimmering in innocent eyes. Very good line.

Glad I could be of some help. Anytime :)

Oh, and were you finally able to acess that link you were having a hard time with??? Hope so.

Keep up the good work girl. By reading this i'd never know you were struggling with some of it. It flows very well :)

--shan
  17. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, of course I didn't expect this excursion to go off without a hitch, but that would have been boring. I've gotten use to excitement in your fics, and you have never dissappointed! [face_hug]

The library sucks so bad. Not only do they only give you an hour a day, but if you're five minutes late, they give your computer away! [face_bawling]. It's not my fault that it's a 20 minute drive from work, and I got caught behind some real snails. *growls and grumbles*

sorry about that, just had to vent before I go off on the librarian. It's still worth it to be able to keep up on your stories o-e!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]
  18. Altaira Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Surprise! another lurker is drawn to the flame in here.

Fantastic job on the story and congratulations on your win for Eitan. He is a wonderful character. You have woven him into this epic tale so smoothly you have to love him. [face_love] That is after I quit hating him earlier on. [face_laugh] I have been hooked for a few days catching up and have enjoyed this twisting ride immensely. I?m a bit out of breath running to catch up with everyone. Now that I?m here, if you don?t mind I?ll be sliding in with the rest to see where this goes. :D
    --
    It?s good to have Eitan getting so many unwanted but needed allies. First Obi-Wan and Anakin, now Garen. He has more friends to support him than he realiazes. I hope it will be enough.

Eitan and Tamir?s connection is growing. All the more reason to keep Eitan around, hint, hint. I?m glad the children are getting away.

:eek: it appears Obi-Wan and Anakin have been spotted. I think they will be getting into the battle a bit quicker than they intended.
  19. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    Shaindl Of course I forgive you! =D= You were dead on right. I also wondered when you would ask me what happened to Garen. :p

Kynstar Wait is over! Chappie is here. :D

AnakinsHeir [face_blush] That's so sweet!

PK Yup. Danger Will Robinson! :p

Vadey Garen? Well... I guess he realized what an idiot he was being and decided to join in. [face_worried] * runs before Shaindl can catch up*

Bekah Garen finds out today and Vos has no chance to give Eitan any orders. :eek:

tangled_sphere Vos is feeling pretty confident of his influence over Eitan. Silly Sith Jedi! [face_laugh]

Sheila Well I dunno. Who? [face_devil]

Shan Thanks so much for everything. I'm glad my struggles aren't too glaring. ;)

DL Damn that librarian! :mad: I always smile when I see you've made it.

Altaira Yeah! You finally caught up! [face_dancing] Hope I can keep pleasing and thanks for keeping me entertained the last few days. :) I Kinda like Eitan also. [face_batting]

Enjoy this one kiddies! I have nothing else written! :-B I do have the first chapter of my OC fic ready to go. [face_devil]

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Eitan strode toward the doors of the Councilroom, his robe billowing behind him. Following close on his heels were both Kiran and Garen, the two younger men exchanging a troubled glance. The padawan on duty quickly hit the door control in order to allow them to enter. Halting in the center of the room, Eitan?s bow was brought up short when he noticed the familiar figure who already stood before Vos. His mind was racing as he completed his bow and straightened to face the assembled Jedi.

"Please forgive the intrusion Master?s, but I?m afraid I bring some disturbing news," he informed them.

Vos? deep blue eyes were narrowed as they studied him, the dark features creased into harsh lines. "Indeed?"

The Force currents in the room swirled wildly, alerting Eitan to be wary. "We?ve lost contact with the transports shuttling the younglings on their trip. I sent a scouting team out several hours ago and they have yet to turn up any trace of the group."

Deafening silence greeted his announcement, the assembled masters staring unblinkingly at him. Master Tinn was the first to gather himself, sitting forward in his chair.

"How is this possible? I was under the impression you sent along several men," he inquired in confusion.

"Yes," Eitan admitted, his gaze locked on Quinlan?s closed expression. "They aren?t responding to the messages we?ve sent and the search team has been unable to trace their Force signatures. It?s as if the entire group has simply... vanished."

Blocking out the sound of the council?s murmurs, Eitan steeled himself as he presented Vos with the rest of his news. "I?m afraid I have further bad news. It seems that Masters Yoda and Windu have somehow managed to escape their enclosures."

There was no mistaking the Dark Jedi?s reaction as he shot to his feet, hands balled into white knuckled fists. Vos began an agitated pacing, a low almost feral growl coming from his clenched teeth as he suddenly halted directly in front of his right hand man. The waves of darkside energy that radiated off of him had Eitan backing up a step before he could stop himself. Vos? gaze bore into his as the older man sent out a scan, the cloying tendrils causing a fine sheen of sweat to break out on Eitan?s forehead. Gritting his teeth, he struggled to retain the tenuous grasp he had on his shields. When the probe eventually withdrew it took every ounce of his control to remain on his feet, his thoughts disquieted by the look of madness that gleamed in Vos? blue orbs.

Quinlan?s chest rose and fell rapidly in agitation. "This can?t be a coincidence. The younglings vanish around the exact same time that our guests do. Add to that the news Knight Hayfa just gave us I think we know exactly who is behind this."

Eitan?s breath stilled in his chest, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end as he noted the smug look on the you
  20. Shaindl Jedi Master

star 4
    I love what you've added since I last saw this! Vos is such a madman and I can't wait until he gets what's coming to him. He will get what's coming to him, right? [face_worried] :p

Great job, OE!

Shaindl
  21. Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just do us all a favor and kill Vos. Another great update. This story is amazing.
  22. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh no!! But it is well that the younglings, Mace, & Yoda are safely hidden away... but Obi and Ani are now in danger!!!

Okay... this is juz pathetically sad of me!!! At these lines:

There was no mistaking the Dark Jedi?s reaction as he shot to his feet, hands balled into white knuckled fists. Vos began an agitated pacing, a low almost feral growl coming from his clenched teeth as he suddenly halted directly in front of his right hand man. The waves of darkside energy that radiated off of him had Eitan backing up a step before he could stop himself. Vos? gaze bore into his as the older man sent out a scan, the cloying tendrils causing a fine sheen of sweat to break out on Eitan?s forehead. Gritting his teeth, he struggled to retain the tenuous grasp he had on his shields. When the probe eventually withdrew it took every ounce of his control to remain on his feet, his thoughts disquieted by the look of madness that gleamed in Vos? blue orbs.

My heart began to *THUD* and I was left almost breathless! How I love Vos!!! ;) Well at least in the comics! *snrk* hehehe you are doing a heckuva job with him here! :D :D [face_love] Man what is up with me and dark Jedi?? *snrk* hehehehe

Great work! Loved your describing of Eitan when Vos mentioned Obi and Ani's return. Glad Vos thought it was juz the return that rocked Eitan. *Whew* that was a little too close for comfort!

Take care of Eitan Kiran and Garen!
  23. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Well Vos is beginning to make Vader look like Mr. Rogers! HMMMM...the plot thickens. I felt SO sorry for Eitan in this. He just won a big prize and now his life is turning to poodoo!

A distant part of Eitan?s mind was aware of Garen?s startled inhalation, Kiran reaching over to place a steadying hand on the younger man?s arm. Pushing the faint stirrings of agitation from his two companions to the back of his mind, Eitan did nothing to conceal his own reaction to the news. Legs buckled and trembled beneath him as he was nearly overwhelmed by a sense of despair and failure. They had all worked so hard to keep Anakin safely out of Vos? grasp and it had all been for nothing.

Say it ain't so! I can't wait for the next update, this suspense is killing me. But I think you know that! ARGH!

:D

24. shanobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yup! Quinlin's a mad man. It's gonna be great to see him taken down :D He will be taken down right? Of course he will. I have absolute faith in you.

I like how Eitan delivered the news. By informing Vos of Mace and Yoda's disappearance after the bad news about the crechlings - it took the focus off him. After all, he was the one in charge of the trip. Nice.

Can't wait for more.

--shan
  25. Sheila Jedi Master

star 4
    I really liked this scene oe. It's a good thing Vos misunderstood Eitan's reaction to the news, maybe that will give them enough time to warn Obi-Wan that he has been spotted.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.