Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! :eek: What a way for Garen to find out!

Can't wait to see what happens! :)
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    yup- definitely trouble brewing
  3. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Eitan is the bearer of bad news. Yay! (for a few seconds) You had me holding my breath while Vos searched him. It?s not easy working for a madman, I know.

With Vos knowing and blaming all that has happened on Obi-Wan and Anakin?s arrival, I doubt if Eitan will have time to warn them. Hope they don?t bust up the diner. At least a few more are safe and Vos isn?t after Eitan... yet. [face_worried]
  4. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Shaindl Thanks for the advice! It worked wonderfully. :)

Odd-Thomas Hello and welcome! :) I'm so thrilled this story is pleasing.

Kynstar Vos is a sexy devil in the comics. :p I enjoy those dark Jedi also. [face_batting]

VaderLVR :( Eitan just can't seem to get a chance to enjoy life can he?

Shan I wouldn't count Vos out yet. He's a slippery sucker! :D

Sheila I'm glad you liked the post. The question should be, what will Obi do if he is warned in time? [face_worried]

Bekah Poor Garen indeed! :_|

PK Trouble is percolating! ;)

Altaira I work for a madman too. :D Let's hope Vos doesn't get suspicious. [face_devil]

Okay folks. I was going to save this for the new fic but I love it so much I decided to go ahead and share it with you all now. The very talented and generous Altaira created wonderful coverart for the OC fic. She managed to bring Eitan to life just as I imagine him. Big [:D] and :* to her for taking time to do this. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. [face_love]

[image=http://altair-rigel.com/TFN/obi_ew/oe_Eitan_v3play.jpg]

* click on him to enlarge the pic* :)

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"Absolutely not."

Bant stamped her foot in frustration as she glared up at her towering friend. Although she knew Garen was only worried about her, it wasn?t his place to deny her the chance to help out.

"Don?t be such a poodoo head Gar! Think about it. Vos has little to no interest in the healers so he wouldn?t think a thing if I left for awhile. Where as I?m sure he will be watching the three of you closely. I can go warn Obi and Anakin without worrying about being followed," she explained with urgency. "We have take advantage of the fact that Hayfa is inexperienced enough that he failed to follow them to their hideout."

Her friend shot Karin a pleading look, the older man shrugging helplessly. They both instinctively turned toward the other occupant of the room for guidance. Both grew solemn and shifted uneasily, their gazes falling to study the floor. Following their example, Bant sniffed sorrowfully as she took in the man before her.

Eitan sat on the examining table, shoulders slumped and his shattered gaze fixed unblinkingly on something only he could see. He?d been in that state ever since Garen and Kiran had deposited him there. No words had passed his lips and he?d remained oblivious to everything and everyone around him.

Bant took a hesitant step closer to him, a finned hand pressed against her chest. It pained her to see him this way. After speaking with Anakin and getting the younglings away safely, he?d seemed happier and more relaxed. She had caught glimpses of the young man he had been, before his mentor?s death and Xanatos? betrayal. Now that was washed away, buried once again beneath the guilt and sense of hopelessness. They couldn?t allow him to lose hope now.

Silver eyes flashing with determination, she situated herself directly in front of him. Although he refused to acknowledge her, his shoulders noticeably stiffened under her intense scrutiny.

"How can you just give up? We?ve come so far and are close to finally bringing Vos down and you sit here feeling sorry for yourself," she chastised him.

The other two men?s heads shot up at her harsh words. Garen stared at his normally gentle friend in amazement while Kiran took a step toward her. He was brought to a halt by the warning glare she sent his direction before turning her focus back on Eitan. Her heart ached to say these things to him but she knew it was the only sure way to get through to him. Having three of the male species as best friends had taught her over the years how they thought and how to handle them.

That thought brought with it the sting of tears as was forced to think about Reeft. Straightening her shoulders, she brought her focus back to the pressing matter at hand.

"We can?t do this without you. A lot of people are depending on you, you can?t quit now," she informed him. "You ow
  5. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oi! Eitan is more of a hoty than I originally thought! *Whistles* Wowzers... grrrrrowl! hehehehe Thanks for sharing that pic!!!

Now for this chappie *fans self* Ok..ok...I'm okay now! ;)

How sweet of Bant! Tell him like it is girl! ;)

Oh boy... what does that stubborn Obi have up his sleeve now?! Gonna head in to the Temple? Uh oh... hopefully Eitan can get himself and his buds in gear once Obi and Ani start causing mayhem!

Great chappie! Loved the emotional play there! ;)
  6. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Things are really heating up here, I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan and Anakin plan to do. Great post oe. :)
  7. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Woo-Hoo! Here we go :D

Eitan's going to be ticked. Can't wait for this showdown :D

Time for Obi and Ani to show what they are really made of - well, it's time for all to show their true colors I guess.

Great post, can't wait for the next.

--shan
  8. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Bant and Eitan are so cute together

and the pic- Wow Wow Wow
  9. joejtmb Jedi Padawan

I just started reading this and finished up to this point, it is a brilliant stry and well written. The character Master Delano is a well written figure.

Also, the villan is a welcome change to the Palpy villan.

Cant wait for next post, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE HURRY!!!!!!!!
  10. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Bant had some hard truths for Eitan but I?m glad it worked to wake him up again. He?s found his purpose and shared a nice friend moment. With her being the one to warn Obi-Wan and Anakin it will get her out of the line of fire at the Temple. :)

Obi-Wan and Anakin are heading to the Temple. :eek: Things are definitely going to start happening although Bant?s bad feeling does not sound good.

...and Eitan is definitely at hoty. :D It was a pleasure to contribute that. [face_blush]
  11. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Love the pic of Eitan! [face_love]

Bant should've known that Obi would be stubborn and charming at the same time - especially when receiving an 'order' that he doesn't agree with. :p

Hope the boys don't get into too much trouble. Although when Eitan finds out they blantantly disobeyed his direct order, he may hunt them down himself.

Great job o_e!
  12. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
  13. AnakinsHeir Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't post too often on this. DRL seems to interfere sometimes. But I am enjoying this story very much! I read each post and have enjoyed all of them. The story is complex but so cleary written that it is easy to follow.
  14. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    And the Great Jedi Smackdown approaches! :D Can't wait for it - should be great! And Altaira, you did a wonderful job with that pic! I spent a good day drooling over it when OE first showed it to me. =P~ :p

Shaindl
  15. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I LOVED this post! This story just gets better and better and I dread the day when you say it's done! WAAA! I cry just to think of it. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can.

"Make certain you?re aware of everything around you. I couldn?t live with myself if you got hurt," he shared with all seriousness.

It was difficult to tell through the natural pink tint of her skin, but she appeared to blush ferociously at his words. Her hand left his cheek and gently swatted him on the shoulder as he stood up.

"Make it clear to the cubling that I want them offplanet before morning. While you?re gone the three of us will get things in motion on this end," Eitan declared with renewed determination.

Bant nodded and watched as they strode toward the door. Eitan allowed Garen and Kiran to exit the room before turning back toward her with a look of confusion clouding his features.

"I still don?t understand why you?ve bothered with me, but I?m grateful," he admitted a bit self consciously.

This was so sweet! Sigh...
  16. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    *pants*

information overload - no more morning marathons.

No time for an indepth reply right now, but I love what you've done with this fic - Ei'n is the best OC I think you've written - so well rounded and lovable and still dark and sad!

As always a wonderful fic oe!
  17. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Playing catch up again. :p

I agree with the others - Eitan is a darn well-written character. And rather nice lookin' too. [face_batting]

Love Eitan and Bant. Loved how you worked Eitan's reaction to hearing that Anakin had been spotted into something that Vos didn't suspect the truth. Loved the gift Anakin gave Eitan.

And I'm also developing a fascination with Vos. :eek: What is this obsession with dark Jedi thing I have? :confused: But he's also very scary!

I sure hope Obi and Ani know what they're doing. [face_worried]
  18. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Kynstar Eitan is yummy isn't he? [face_love] Obi may be leading Anakin right into Vos' clutches. :eek:

Sheila Well things may not be heating up but they are warming a bit. ;)

Shan Showdown? [face_worried] Um....okay. :D

PK Thanks! [face_blush] Altaira did an amazing job with Eitan. :)

joejtmb Hi new face! I'm so thrilled the story is pleasing and that Eitan has been so well accepted. Don't be such a stranger. ;)

Altaira I wouldn't worry too much. You know how those Jedi are about their bad feelings. :rolleyes:

Bekah Eitan will not be happy with Obi's decision. :mad:

Vadey Indeed! ;)

AnakinsHeir I'm so thankful you pop in when you can. :)

Shaindl Jedi smackdown? [face_laugh] It may be more of a tiff with me writing it. :p

VaderLVR We are getting very close to the end here. :_|

birdy Hi starnger. I know you're partial to Eitan and always have been but I may have to agree with you. He's certainly turned out to be my favorite so far. Just don't tell Ji. ;)

HHP Another face I don't see very often. :p Vos is a really fascinating character. Read the comic books with him in them. :D

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Obi-Wan lead the way toward the door that would take them into the tunnel system that Knight Kiran had used to smuggle him in. Pressing his ear against the steel surface, Obi-Wan sent out a probing tendril in order to gauge whether or not the tunnel was guarded. Stepping back, he waved toward the locking mechanism.

"I don?t sense anyone."

Anakin moved forward at his words and lightly placed the tips of his splayed fingers on the worn pads. Closing his eyes, the young man applied all of his considerable power in an effort to cajole the combination from the lingering traces left by past Force users. Lips moving in a soundless litany, Anakin?s fingers suddenly flew as they jabbed a series of buttons. A smile of delight lit up as face as the door slid open with a hiss.

"Good job," Obi-Wan praised him as they slipped inside.

Obi-Wan copied Kiran?s example and waved his fingers, the cameras shifting away. They had only taken a few steps when there was the unmistakable arrival of another presence ahead of them. Tensing, they both felt a brief moment of frustration as a robed figure appeared to block their path. Silence fell as they confronted the as yet unknown individual, their fingers dropping down to linger by their lightsabers.

"It?s good to see you Master Obi-Wan, Anakin."

The vaguely familiar voice was followed by hands lifting to sweep the concealing hood back.

"Tru?" Anakin barked in surprised disbelief as he hurried forward to greet his old friend.

A genuine smile curved Obi-Wan?s lips as he watched the two young men self consciously pull back from their spontaneous embrace. Any embarrassment was soon replaced with a round of strong back slapping.

"Force Skywalker! Look how big you are," Tru exclaimed while he turned to offer Obi-Wan a deep respectful bow. "It?s a good thing I pulled guard duty tonight, otherwise you?d be facing Master Vos? wrath."

"You and Master Ry-Gaul are Temple bound?" Obi-Wan inquired curiously.

Tru shrugged, the edges of his mouth tightening. ?He received an injury on our last mission so we?ve been forced to remain here for the past month. It?s been difficult to stand by and do nothing while Vos turns the Order into something it was never meant to be.?

Sympathy shone in Obi-Wan?s eyes at the young man?s impassioned words. "What if anything can you tell us about Master Eitan?s plans?"

"I know he has a fairly large group of supporters who are itching to bring Vos and his cohorts down. Last I heard before I had to come on duty was that he has moved ahead with plans to overthrow Vos. It?s only a matter of time," Tru shared.

Obi-Wan?s expression grew solemn at the news. "Now Jedi must fight Jedi. I wonder how it will be possible for us to wound and maybe even kill our brethren and walk away from this still being
  19. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Poor Eiten. Just when he thought he could do some good, Vos wants him to 'help' track down and kill Obi-wan. Not good, not good.

Great job with the tension. Keep it up.
  20. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Oh no! I'm worried about everybody! Thanks a lot! YIKES!

Obi-Wan?s expression grew solemn at the news. "Now Jedi must fight Jedi. I wonder how it will be possible for us to wound and maybe even kill our brethren and walk away from this still being Jedi. We were never meant for war."

For some reason this particular line really hit me. I think this is very characteristic of Obi-Wan. I simply adore that man! I want the next post, but I dread it too because it only brings us closer to the end! :(

Another wonderful update!
  21. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Ahhhhhh!!! And you leave it there? :mad:

It's going to be difficult for Eitan with Vos there if they catch up to Obi-Wan. Oy. Things are getting complicated. [face_worried]

22. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a great trick Anakin did on the lock, he would have came in handy when I locked my keys in the car. :)

I?m glad Obi-Wan and Anakin found a friend first. It would be hard to tell an enemy from a friend. It?s not like the good jedi would broadcast their allegance. :(

I got a chill when Eitan was ordered to kill Obi-Wan. He did try to separate himself from him. I only hope Vos is not prepared when the attack happens, and to whom. [face_devil]
  23. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome, awesome work, like I told you. You're doing such an incredible job with this entire story, OE, really. Vos is really quite the chilling villain - love it! :D

Shaindl
  24. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Agree with everyone else I do. Wonderful job you are doing :)

Looking forward to the coming confrontation :D Is that better than showdown? Less pressure? :D :D

Don't worry - whatever you come up with will be great. You've not disappointed thus far.

--shan
  25. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Not Good! [face_worried]

Will Tru no longer be trusted now that he's been found in the company of Obi-Wan and Anakin? Or is this 'alarm' a set up that Obi-Wan and Anakin quickly came up with? [face_thinking]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.