main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Just wanted to step in real quick like and say that this is a wonderful story. I like it very much. My replies may not be with each post, but I am reading and keeping notes to do more detail replies at a later date during this busy time of the year for me.

2. lkl

lkl Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003

Very interesting. So, Anikin will be trained be someone who serves the darkside!! What if Anikin sneaks around to see Obi Wan instead of Palpatine? Obi Wan is the only person Anikin knows and they both share memories of Quo Gon, Naboo, and Padme. As I said before very interesting.

Obi-Ew when I first read that you wanted to work on your writing skills in 2004 my first thought was Why your writing is great and I have enjoyed everything I have read. Well, whatever your doing keep doing it. The desrciption are great as is your story telling.

Sorry I don't post more offten, but i'm always reading. :)

3. Forbidden_Donut

Forbidden_Donut Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    I like your story. I cannot wait to see who winds up as young Anakin's assigned mentor. :)

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Jade Okay! I admit that the apprentice is male. :D

Crystal Thanks for letting me know that you are still around and enjoying. :)

IKL I'm so thrilled you are enjoying my work. Please stop in more often, I love hearing from my readers. [face_love]

Forbidden_Donut I love your new persona! ;)

CHAPTER FIVE

The massive city planet of Coruscant was filled with countless establishments designed to cater to the huge populations thirst for entertainment and various appetites. The majority of these places were basically based on the exact same premiss, carrying a huge supply of varying liquors and providing gambling and entertainment that satisfied both the clienteles sensual and more mundane urges. Packed with loud and oft times inebriated beings, they were all lit with garish lights and ear splitting music; the air thick with a host of noxious aromas.

One establishment held itself apart from its counterparts with unashamed pride. The owner having decided early on to take advantage of his business?s proximity to the towering Jedi Temple, focused his attention on the two items that the elite group of knights seemed to crave. An excellently cooked meal, and a vintage glass of ale or wine. Knowing his clientele were frugal with the few credits they were allowed to have in their possession, he made certain he offered the most diverse menu on the planet and the largest cellar of liquors.

Even the decor of the establishment was geared toward offering the Jedi a place to come that would serve to relax and sooth. The lighting was a cool light blue, the walls painted a non threatening shade of off white and decorated with artwork that provided a feeling of home. The massive chairs that surrounded the lovely marble tables were designed to conform to the occupants shape, making for a relaxing and comfortable visit.

The Jedi, knowing full well that the owner would never become rich off of serving them, had spread the word of the places attributes to their more influential colleagues in the political arena. One now often found themselves rubbing elbows with some of the most prominent figures in the galaxy?s political structure. Even though they exchanged pleasant greetings, the Jedi and the politicians tended to keep to their own groups. It was an unspoken agreement that worked well for everyone involved.

Sitting in a corner booth nursing a glass of Corellian ale, Obi-Wan swept the rapidly filling building with a curious eye. Tipping his head briefly in greeting as his eye was caught by familiar faces, his attention was soon captured by a figure that stood across the room talking to a table of senior padawans. The hands that clutched the glass tightened as the man glanced up as if sensing his regard, their gazes meeting. Careful to mask his initial feelings of dislike, Obi-Wan acknowledged the older man?s faint smile of greeting with a curt nod before shifting his gaze to the figure just entering the establishment.

A genuine smile lit up his face as his best friend snagged a glass of ale from a passing serving droid before winding his way toward the booth. A year younger than Obi-Wan?s own twenty-five standard years, Garen Muln had grown into an impressive figure. As children the two had often been mistaken for relatives, both having a similar build and coloring. That had changed when they turned eighteen. While Obi-Wan had reached the extent of his potential for growth, Garen had one last spurt that left him just as tall as Obi-Wan?s own master and just as muscular as Master Windu.

After joining the pilot program started by Master Clea Rhea, Garen had been quick to lose the traditional padawan cut. His brown sun streaked hair now fell to his shoulders in gentle waves when it wasn?t tied back as it currently was. Dropping down in the chair across from Obi-Wan, Garen?s bright pale blue eyes studied him intently as he took a deep drink.

"So how did your meeting with the Council go?" he asked immediately.

Shrugging, Obi-Wan ran the tip of a finger along t

5. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You already know what I think, OE. Great job! :)

Shaindl

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Couldn't stay away from the Leatherman, OE? :p Looks like Xan's dark side rubbed off on Delano. I get the feeling Anakin's not going to flourish under his tutelage, if they're paired together.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I think that would be a very interesting match. I hope he gets Anakin. Fantastic post! :)

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    So Master Delano is not a friend to Obi-Wan (in Obi's eyes) and maybe getting a new apprentice. This could make things difficult for Obi-Wan, especially the guilt end, especially if Delano is on the dark side.

I liked the description of the place where the Jedi like to hang out. Sounds very comfortable!

Looking forward to more...

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    You're wicked, o_e. In both senses of the word. :)

10. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Somehow I think Obi-Wan's guilt is just beginning. :(

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Eitan Delano is anakin's new master no dought about it!

Obiwan isn't going to be happy at all when he finds out!

~crys for the coming pain in this story~

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    does Obi_Wan distrust him because of Xan-man or because of something more...elusive?

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    _____/\_____
    ____/__\____
    ___/____\___
    __/______\__
    _/________\_
    /__________\
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____

15. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    HHHHMMMMM....

So Obi is feeling super guilty (seems to be a common theme ;)) and for some reason, really dislikes Master Eitan, who is more than likely about to take Anakin as his padawan and may be in the league with Palpy....

This is about to make my head hurt...

Way to go O_E, make me think before I actaully have to go back to school and use my brain!!

YOU ARE EVIL!!!

[face_devil]

16. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Obi wont be happy with the Council's decission?
    This will only add to his guild.

[face_love] Vadey

17. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    What wonderfully descriptive posts! You really are coming along on your resolution! Great suspense, can't wait to see what you have in store!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it?s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn?t. Because they were holding on to something."

19. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, this could cause some tension between the long time friends, couldn't it?

Hopefully Obi-Wan will have the maturity to see that Garen is only doing what he thinks is best for Anakin...

But then there wouldn't be any conflict, and where would be the fun in that!? 8-} ;)

Great job, hun, keep it up! :)

20. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Sorry, turned lurker lately :) But you weren't supposed to be updating so fast! I had three posts to read. And what lovely posts they are.

I love the inclusion of Garen and this new OC of yours. Complications indeed. I like how Obi-Wan reacted to him, there is already this distrust there, for obvious reasons.

Great job, and I can't wait to read more. But take your time (though your other readers are probably wanting to smack me for saying that) I just don't get here that often anymore. I guess I may just have to put up with reading 3 to 4 posts at a time.

Oh, and the Obi/Ani interaction was absolutely wonderful - great job there, and everywhere :D Back when I can.

--Shan

21. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Obi's instincts about people are usually right. However, I hope Garen doesn't end up on the wrong side. Not that I think he would...oh never mind. I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Interesting post o_e!

~Bek

22. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I just found this story, and I'm glad I decided to stop in. You're descriptions are awesome and there's mystery and suspense and drama. Cool. Keep it coming.

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks for the help! :)

Jade Xan is long dead so a casual mention of him is all you get. :(

Sara_Kenobi You may be the only one who thinks this partnership would be a good idea. ;)

diane I figured the Jedi needed to unwind somehow. :D

LE Evil? Moi? How so? [face_devil]

Sheila Hum. You could be right. ;)

dp Is that a good thing? :p

JTJG Pain in one of my fics? No way! :D

PK I'm sure we will find out eventually. ;)

JTJG Thanks for the lift and the nice quote below. :)

Captain Palpy again? :p I'm an evil author apprentice. Not yet a master.

Vadey Poor poor Obi huh? :(

DL I'm glad you are enjoying my little experiment. :)

astro No conflict in a SW fic? [face_laugh]

Shan I'll try not to update too often. :D I hope the next post pleases as well.

Bekah Garen as turncoat hum? [face_devil]

Karebear214 Nice to meet you! :) I hope to see you around more.

Posty up soon. :)

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER SIX

"Is it much further?"

Slowing his pace, Obi-Wan glanced back over his shoulder to see Anakin watching his own feet as he struggled to keep up. A reluctant smile curved the young Jedi?s mouth as he noted the look of deep concentration on the suntanned youthful face. Newly outfitted in the traditional white Jedi tunics and knee high boots, Anakin was finding the tailored footwear difficult to adjust to. Used to wearing worn cloth shoes that barely provided protection from the scorching sands of Tatooine, the well oiled leather boots made the boy?s feet feel as if they were encased in duracrete and caused him to move in awkward lurching steps.

More at home on endless sand that gave beneath his steps like a cushion, the hard unforgiving pavement that covered the majority of Coruscant was causing the boy a host of problems. So far today he had already complained of having blisters and aching calves and shins. It was only early morning, which had Obi-Wan shuddering as he contemplated what other pains would present themselves as the day wore on.

"It?s just around the corner," Obi-Wan assured his young friend. "Do you need to stop and rest awhile?"

Peering up at him from under a fringe of newly trimmed bangs, Anakin released a great gust of air that sent the blond strands flying upwards. "Naw. If it?s that close I would rather get there so I can sit down."

Nodding in understanding, Obi-Wan continued on, his own steps more sedate and measured. Free from any immediate obligations, he had decided to spend the day keeping Anakin company in an attempt to distract the boy from worrying about his impending future. Uncertain exactly how to accomplish that feat, the loud rumble of Anakin?s stomach had provided the inspiration he had needed.

Halting outside of their destination, Obi-Wan turned and gesture toward the brightly lit building. "We?re here. Dex?s Diner."

Eyes wide, his mouth opening into a perfect circle, Anakin gazed up at the neon sign with anticipation. It struck Obi-Wan like a bolt of lightening as he observed his friends reaction, that Anakin had most likely never stepped foot inside an eating establishment. Slaves on Tatooine would have neither the opportunity nor the money to do so.

"Are we going to eat here?" he asked eagerly, blue eyes faintly pleading as they met Obi-Wan?s.

"Yes we are. The owner is an old friend of mine," Obi-Wan explained as he held the door open.

Needing no further encouragement, Anakin was a blur of motion as he shot past and entered the establishment. Following with a grin, Obi-Wan wasn?t surprised to find his young friend standing just inside the doorway as he gazed around the bright and warmly lit restaurant with open delight. Taking a moment to follow the boy?s example, Obi-Wan was swept back to his own childhood as he viewed the diner from Anakin?s eyes.

Qui-Gon had first brought him there shortly after taking him on as apprentice. The Jedi Master had wanted to celebrate the occasion in a way that would be special and remembered years later by them both. It had come as no great surprise several years later that Obi-Wan had realized that no matter what mission they were assigned, Qui-Gon always seemed to find a way to have them back on Coruscant and at the diner that date every year. It became a ritual that they both cherished.

Fond memories of those times spent with his beloved mentor were interrupted by the familiar figure who lumbered toward them; wide mouth split into a welcoming smile.

"Obi-Wan! It?s good to see you my boy!" The deep gravelly voice exclaimed with genuine warmth.

Obi-Wan could feel Anakin?s wide eyes watching with interest as the four arms reached out to pull the young Jedi into a rib cracking hug. Grunting softly in pain, Obi-Wan?s teeth were bared in a combination grin and grimace as he tried to free a hand in order to pat the creature on the wide back. Wiggling a little, he was able to put just enough space between him and the diner?s owner to allow him to gather the air to speak.

"It?s

25. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Lovely, OE. I like the explanation you gave for him not being able to train Anakin, and I like that you tackled head on the question of why couldn't Anakin just wait a couple of years for Obi. Well done.

Loved your interpretation of Dex too, especially that last paragraph. What would Qui-Gon think?

Great work!

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.