Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Shaindl I'm not sure Anakin ever completely let go of those feelings. :(

Bekah That dang Garen thought again! :D

dp Hum. We will just have to wait and see. :p

diane What? I didn't set anything up. [face_devil]

Sheila Why can't he be just a nice guy? :D

Jade Maybe Eitan is just what he appears to be. :)

PK Did it work? :D

Captain Poor guy! No one trusts him. :(

JTJG ;)

astro It's always a treat to see you. :) I'm glad you are enjoying so far.

Shan Maybe Obi is just jealous. :D I get all of my OC names at this site.

http://tools.oxygen.com/babynamer/

You can find names by meaning. I always try to find ones I've never heard and that have a meaning that can fit with how they fit in the fic. Eitan is based on a Hebrew phrase that translates to mean strength . :) Delano is Gaelic but I won't tell you for what. That would only make you even more paranoid about him. [face_devil]
  2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    :) UP! And oh whats going to be the title of the story sequaling beside my own reflection? That way i'll have no problem finding it [face_love]
  3. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    JTJG First post for that will be up Monday most likely and the title will be In The End .

I am working on a posty for this as we speak! Anakin and Obi-Wan are being very hard to get along with! :mad:
  4. tvdunlop Jedi Knight

star 2
    excellent story..........excellent excellent excellent...poor anakin and i am worried about what's going to happen to him. Obi Wan had better hurry up and figure out what's going on...more please
  5. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    In The End

OE, you pick the best and most fitting titles! :D
  6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes that title fits the story perfectly, and i can't wait :D
  7. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm still waiting for the day when there's a story by OE entitled "Get Dirty.........

..........With the People Spreading the Dirt." [face_laugh]
  8. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    tvdunlop Thanks! :) I'm not sure what is ahead for Anakin.

Jade I'm glad you approve! ;)

JTJG The first post is up! :)

Jade :p

CHAPTER EIGHT

Stepping through the huge door of the docking bay, Eitan stopped and watched as his young companion?s eyes widened into huge saucers as he drank in the spectacle spread out in front of him. Row after row of long and sleek fighters were lined up as far as the eye could see. Triangular in shape, they were the newly developed delta-wing fighters that were built for speed and manoeuvrability. Shiny and new, the metal gleamed under the bright lights set in the ceiling in an impressive display.

"Wow!" Anakin breathed in apparent awe.

"You approve I take it?" the Knight inquired with a grin.

Nodding vigorously, Anakin waved his hands in the air to encompass the entire room. "What..where...how!"

Laughing out loud at his stunned reaction, Eitan placed his hands on his waist as he too studied the fleet with a hint of pride in his deep brown eyes.

"This has been a pet project of mine along with Master Clee Rhara and her apprentice Garen Muln for several years now."

"I know Garen! He?s Obi-Wan?s best friend!" Anakin exclaimed, tilting his head back in order to grin up at his tour guide.

"That?s right," Eitan acknowledged with an answering grin. "I?ve worked with young Garen often and like and admire him."

Turning his attention back to the ships, Anakin couldn?t conceal his amazement.

"I can?t believe the Jedi have their very own fleet of starships! Is one of them your very own?"

"Each pilot has one that they prefer to use and everyone stays away from it. It was difficult to convince the Council that this was needed. They feared that if we had our own fleet of ships, much of the galaxy would view that as an aggressive move to take control and power," Eitan explained in a tone heavy with unspoken emotion.

Glancing up at him curiously, Anakin tried to decipher what it was he heard in the knight?s voice that bothered him. As if sensing his gaze, Eitan seemed to shake himself and glanced down with a wink.

"Want to try one on for size?" he asked temptingly.

"Really?!" Anakin shouted, causing the knight to wince.

"Go ahead, but don?t touch the ignition switch!" he warned, as the boy shot across the bay.

Shaking his head as he watched the boy scramble up the side of a ship, Eitan jumped slightly when a hand landed on his shoulder. Glancing sideways he smiled warmly at the figure who was also watching Anakin. The boy?s constant stream of excited chatter drifted to them, eliciting chuckles from both men.

"I see I was right after all," Garen commented with a wink. "I was wondering if the Council were considering you as a possible master for him."

"The job is mine if I feel there is a connection," Eitan admitted as he turned back to watch his young charge.

"And have you reached a verdict yet?" the younger man inquired, a faint frown marring his brow.

Shifting in order to study his friend?s expression, Eitan eyed him closely. "We have similar interests and I genuinely like the boy. I think the match would be a good one. Why do I sense you don?t approve?"

Sighing loudly, Garen met the knight?s piercing gaze head on. "I?m sure you are aware of the fact that he and Obi-Wan have grown quite close since Naboo."

Tipping his head in acknowledgement of that fact, Eitan shrugged broad shoulders. "I was told that Obi-Wan was not in consideration for the position."

"He?s not," Garen admitted. "But we both know that he has....issues with you that stem from the past. I just worry about his possible reaction to the match."

Opening his mouth to reply, Eitan paused as he caught sight of the two figures that were making their way into the bay.

"I guess we?ll soon find out," he murmured, directing Garen?s attention to the approaching pair.

Turning around, Garen drew in a sharp breath as he saw Master Windu and Obi-Wan converse quietly as they stepped inside
  9. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that's a confrontation/overdue conversation I'd like to see! :)

~Bek
  10. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I already told you what I think. Eitan seems nice, but there's something just not right about him. I can't put my finger on it - maybe it's the simple fact that Obi-Wan doesn't trust him.

I dunno. But I'm sure that you'll show me eventually. :D

Can't wait for more!

Shaindl
  11. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    ??????????? CONFUZZLED!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DID THEY DO IN THE PAST?!?!?!?!
  12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Shame on you garen shame! Betraying obiwan like that is not cool at all!
  13. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    do we get the backstory??
  14. Captain_Observant Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh yippee!! Confrontations are so much fun!!
    Not!!!
    Good Luck Obi(just try not to make too big of a mess) and good luck Eitan, may your death not be to painful, despite the fact that you are evil. :D

Edit: Wow, I really should not post responses when I have just spent the last six hours discussing and writing a paper on the meaning of life...
  15. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good post. Waiting for the backstory. Obi-Wan must know that he is too inexperienced to guide a new Padawan. Or it is really just the choice that Anakin is being herded into?

Looking forward to more...
  16. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    I see trouble ahead! Also can't wait for the backstory. This looks to be another classic from o-e!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]
  17. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Bekah The meeting could become quite explosive! :D

Shaindl The bad thing is, I'm starting to like Eitan! :eek:

dp You find out eventually. ;)

JTJG Garen has reason to trust and like Eitan. :)

PK Hum. Possibly! :p

Captain Don't forget that Eitan is older and more seasoned. ;)

diane I haven't quite figured out what Obi's problem is. :(

DL Thanks my dear! So nice to see you. :)

Man the boards are quiet! [face_plain]

CHAPTER NINE

Once they reached the sanctuary of the Gardens, Master Windu released the firm grip he had of Obi-Wan?s elbow. Noting that the younger man?s body was poised as if ready for flight, the Jedi Master pointed a finger at the nearby gray marble bench with a fierce scowl on his face.

"Sit!"

After a brief moment of hesitation, Obi-Wan slumped down on the bench, shoulders rounding as he appeared to draw into himself under the heavy folds of his robe. For an instant the dark skinned Jedi was reminded of a wounded bird he had once come upon in the Gardens. Hurting and desperate to protect itself, the delicate creature had buried its tiny head underneath its wing. It was more than a little disturbing to see that same reaction from the young man before him.

Sighing heavily underneath his breath, Mace took a seat next to his companion and took a few seconds to glance around at the lovely backdrop. Lush green vegetation, bright colored creatures of all types and the sounds that accompanied them were soothing to a troubled spirit. The Jedi Master knew that no one was in more need of solace than his young companion.

"I was under the impression that you had accepted the fact that Anakin would be assigned to a master of the Council?s chosing," he finally spoke gently.

Shifting on the bench, Obi-Wan nodded his head slowly. "I have Master."

Turning his head to study the young man, Mace was troubled to see the lines of fatigue that fanned out from the luminous blue-gray eyes.

"The Council agrees that Master Delano is a good match. He is a seasoned warrior who has much in comman with young Skywalker, especially the boy?s interest in piloting," he explained, watching the youthful features closely.

Obi-Wan?s mouth tightened into a thin line, hands clenching fists full of his robe in a white knuckled grip. Drawing a deep shuddering breath, he turned a look that bordered on desperation toward the Jedi Master.

"I don?t trust him!"

Pulling back from the vehemence of the words, Mace placed a soothing hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder.

"Simply because he was a good friend of Xanatos, does not make him untrustworthy. You have carried around this dislike of Eitan for years and have no true motive for feeling the way you do," he rebuked his companion.

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to protest, but just as quickly snapped it shut once again. As his head fell forward, Mace frowned. It was not like Obi-Wan to hold grudges for no reason, which had him wondering if there was more going on than anyone knew about.

"Obi-Wan? Do you have a reason to dislike Eitan that you would like to share with me?" he prodded quietly.

It took several minutes before he recieved a reply, the younger man seeming to be choosing his words carefully.

"Xanatos had help to infiltrate the Temple. I don?t believe for one minute that Bruck Chun was his only source of information and help. Who but Delano would have a reason to side with Xanatos?" he inquired.

"Do you have any proof that Delano was in some way involved?" Mace demanded.

When the younger man merely shook his head helplessly, the Jedi Master continued to speak in a firm voice. "You know that Eitan lost his master on a mission around the time Xanatos attacked the Temple. Delano barely made it off of the planet alive himself, only his determination to get his dead mentor?s remains back to the Temple for a proper funeral sustained him. He was near death himself by the time he landed in the docking bay. There is no way that he could ha
  18. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Trust him! Trust him!

Sorry, Eitan still isn't on my list of favourite people...

Great post, OE! I love how you write Mace - he's still the official Jedi we see in the movies, but he has so much more heart in your capable hands. I think you need to do a story exploring Mace and Qui's friendship. What do you say? :D

Cheers,

Shaindl
  19. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't trust him either. But Mace did make it sound like they would be a good match. Perhaps, Obi-wan needs to discover just why Eitan is making him so angry...

Good job.
  20. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a feeling that you're making it so that we don't like Eitan in the beginning, but we will in the end. Just like Shai!
  21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont trust him not for a minute.... but your making it hard, by making the guy so nice..... 8-}
  22. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I am joining the "there must be something wrong with Eitan" club. I am just waiting to find out what it is.
  23. Captain_Observant Force Ghost

star 2
    I don't trust Eitan at all. But then again, I am paranoid.

I also loved your characterization of Mace. You make him seem actually human. Nice Job!! :D
  24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes mace was awesome in this post he's becoming one of my new favorite chars :D
  25. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Obi-Wan really has a lot of bitterness towards Eitan, and I guess we know why...

Of course, at this point his feelings are only suspicions...

But I wonder if Obi-Wan's feelings about Eitan have any merit... :confused:

You've created another wonderfully mysterious OC, obi-ew, I love it!!

Keep it up, girl! :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.