main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Xan turned on his Master, who's to say Eitan didn't turn on his? Meaning a mission around the time Xan infiltrated the Temple - a proper alibi, don't ya think?

Anywho, great post. Obi's still coming to terms with loosing Qui-Gon, and he's still watching out for Anakin. And now he knows that he's not alone in his grief. That Master Windu also misses and grieves for Qui.

Mace was wonderfully written. In George Lucas' view, we only see the Council member and Jedi he was - in your fic, we see another side to a complex character. :)

~Bek

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    You got a point Bekah_K about Eitan, he could of easyly turned on his master, and no one would know.

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I loved the interaction between Mace and Obi-Wan. I agree with those before me who said you did a great job characterizing Mace. He is still tough but has an underlying compassion that truly comes through. Great post oe. :)

4. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Great job obi_ew. I loved the awkward moment in the hanger. Poor Garen seems really torn by his friend's predicament.

I have a feeling it doesn't matter how long Obi meditates, he's not going to like Eitan. I can't wait to see how this all unfolds, and am looking forward to the 'talk' Eitan and Obi-Wan have :)

--Shan

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl A story where Qui is alive and kicking? :eek:

diane Obi will get some food for thought here pretty soon. ;)

dp You didn't like Shai?! :eek: :( :_| :p

JTJG Sorry! :p

PK So certain are you? :D

Captain You seem to distrust all of my characters! ;)

astro [face_blush] Aw thanks! I'm having fum with Eitan so far.

Bekah :eek: What a diabolically evil thought! [face_devil]

Sheila I was afraid this softer side to Mace wouldn't go over. So glad I was wrong! [face_love]

Shan Obi is being stubborn! :(

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this Shaindl. [face_love]

CHAPTER TEN

Chest heaving as he struggled to draw in breath, sweat running in rivulets down his face, stinging his eyes and making his vision blurry, Obi-Wan winced as his arms were jarred by the power of the blows that reigned down on him. A low grunt escaped from between his parted lips as he soon found himself backpedaling to avoid suffering a stinging blow from the purple blade that swung in a dizzying blur of speed.

Dark brown eyes studied him intently as Master Windu continued to gauge what his next move would be. Obi-Wan barely had time to catch the mischievous glint in the Jedi Master?s gaze before a powerful upward strike sent the young man?s lightsabre flying out of his sweat dampened grasp.

Stunned by the sudden turn of events, Obi-Wan could only watch numbly as the metal cylinder hit the floor with a thud, before extinguishing and rolling harmlessly several feet away. Gasping in a vain effort to draw precious air into lungs that burned, his shoulders slumped as he glanced up at his opponent sheepishly.

Grinning widely, Mace deactivated his own weapon and clapped the young man on the shoulders, eliciting a strangled moan.

"You fought well Obi-Wan! I honestly haven?t been tested this soundly in years," the Jedi Master admitted with honest candor.

"Th...thank you..Mas...Master," Obi-Wan was finally able to gasp.

Chuckling as the young man bent over to rest his hands on his knees, Mace?s gaze caught sight of the figure who stood watching them. His smile slowly fading, the Jedi Master?s expression grew somber as he turned back to his winded companion.

"Obi-Wan, I believe there is someone here that wishes to have a word with you," he informed the younger man.

Following his gaze, Obi-Wan straightened as he spotted Eitan Delano studying him with a pensive look on his darkly handsome face. Turning back quickly toward Mace, Obi-Wan?s eyes pleaded with the Jedi Master.

"Master, I would rather not..."

"It?s past time the two of you speak face to face about the past Obi-Wan," Mace interrupted sternly. "If Delano is to become Anakin?s master, than the two of you will be forced to be civil."

"Is that an order?" the younger man inquired, his gaze locked with the Council members.

"If need be," Mace retorted, his hand reaching out briefly to clasp the side of the reddish gold head in affection, before falling to his side once again. "Although you aren?t ready to admit it, you need this in order to proceed with your life."

Receiving a reluctant nod of agreement, Mace smiled warmly before spinning on his heel and making his way toward Delano. While Obi-Wan watched, the Jedi Master spoke quietly with the other man for a few seconds, Delano?s gaze resting briefly on Obi-Wan before he nodded and the Council member moved on.

Retrieving his lightsabre, Obi-Wan made his way to the nearby benches and took a seat. Rubbing the sweat from his face with the towel he had left sitting next to his bag, he tensed as he sensed the other man?s silent approach. The long silence was eventually broken as Delano took a seat beside him and began to speak quietly.

"I was hoping you would be willing to speak openly with me about the past. About Xanatos," Eitan explained.

"It seems I have little choice in the matter!" Obi-Wan muttered as his hands clenched the towel tightly.

Biting back a frustrated sigh, the older m

6. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, I love what you added - completely rounded it out! Eitan seems to be so nice, and has a lot of his own pain, but for some reason I just can't seem to trust him. I can't wait to see what you do with him.

Can't wait for more, OE! Great job!

Shaindl

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Ditto, Shaindl

8. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    I don't trust Eitan either.

It's great that you updated a story about Obi-Wan. I was starting to miss him.

9. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Eitan is going to surprise us one way or the other. He's being made to appear good, but he could just as easily be bad. So, I guess we're in for a roller coaster ride - however, those are the best kind! :D

I hope Obi doesn't let his guard down too far. Hopefully, he'll keep enough of it up to protect Anakin and himself should the need arise. :)

~Bek

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I confuzed. The only reason (aside from a bad feeling) that Obi-Wan has for his distrust is Eitan's prior relationship with XanMan??

11. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    GGRRRRR...

I can't decide whether I like Eitan or not...whether or not he is worth trusting!!!

AAAHHHH!!

[face_shocked]

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    The guy seems nice and in real life, you would probably give him the benefit of the doubt - however, this is an OE fic. Nothing is as it seems.... could be that he would be a great Master to Anakin - maybe even help Obi-Wan defend against some great evil. You won't know until it's over....LOL.

Good job.

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Eitan seems to be the type that makes you want to trust them, but that's not always good. In fact, in my own experiences, wanting to trust someone you're not sure if you should leads to much trouble. I hope that Obi is careful.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

14. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    What a suspicious untrusting lot we are :) Here Eitan was, pouring his heart out to Obi-Wan, and seeming to be very sincere about it - and all I can think is SNAKE!

You're going to surprise us all aren't you?

--shan

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I just dont know about Eitan yet... hmmmmm....

16. Kagen_Atvar

Kagen_Atvar Jedi Master

Feb 4, 2004
    I can't decide whether I like Eitan or not...whether or not he is worth trusting!!!

I have to agree with the Captain upstairs. I want to like Eitan, but I don't know if I should. Hmmm. Something to ponder, I reckon.

Raven

17. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Right now, I too don't know where to put Eitan.

up from page 4.

[face_love] Vadey

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I can't wait to see what I do with good ole Eitan either! :p

dp :D

honour Obi is in the new posty for In The End also. :)

Bekah Poor mistreated Eitan! :p

PK You know how Xan tormented poor Obi. Guess Eitan is being judged harshly because of that. :(

Captain Confused are you? :D

diane You don't trust little ole me? :p

DL Suspicious people! :D

Shan No surprises around here. [face_devil]

JTJG ;)

Raven Split personality disorder my dear? ;)

Vadey Thanks for the lift! :)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

It was that time of the day that he had begun to dread with every fiber of his being. Bad enough that it was as close to being tortured as one could get, but it came along not once but three times during the course of the day. Mealtime. The children were rounded up and herded into the dining room as a group to partake of the variety of dishes the Temple cooks provided.

Forming a long line, they traveled down the buffet and loaded trays with anything they thought appetizing. The only rule being that you ate everything you took. Nothing went to waste.

Once free of the line, the children migrated toward groups of friends and clasmates. This was the point he hated the most. Having to face the staring eyes of his fellow crechemates as he stood alone, arms loaded with his tray and no place to sit. Most of them avoided meeting his gaze, their attention suddenly focused soley on their own trays. A few were brave enough to laugh and point, taking great delight in the fact that no one wanted anything to do with the new kid. The freak.

Pulling his shoulders back, Anakin forced himself to weave his way in between the tables, pretending not to care that he was religated to the far corner of the cafeteria. Setting his tray down on the table with a thump, he took a seat on the bench and stared down at his food with little appetite. Conscious of the glances tossed his way, he picked up his eating utensil and shoveled something into his mouth, his jaw chewing methodically even though he had no clue what he was consuming.

Tears stung the backs of his eyes causing the misshapen globs of his food to blur into one giant watery shape. Nearly choking as the half chewed food got stuck halfway down his throat, he drew in a sharp breath and reached blindly for his beverage. As he managed to wash the offending mass the rest of the way down, someone set a tray down across from him.

"Hello! Mind if I sit with you?" an unfamiliar voice inquired cheerfully.

In the process of setting his glass back down he froze, his wide eyed stare slowly lifting to find a boy that looked to be around his age smiling down at him. Although he looked human, his skin was silvery looking and matched the pair of slanted silver eyes that gleamed with friendly warmth.

"Um...sure," Anakin finally managed to stutter.

Grinning widely, the other boy slid his tall lanky body onto the bench before shoving a hand across the table.

"My names Tru Veld."

Anakin started to reach out, only to pause and wipe his hand on his pant leg before accepting the handshake.

"Anakin Skywalker."

Shaking his hand vigorously, the other boy eventually pulled back and stared at him intently over his tray.

"You're the new kid right?"

"Yeah," Anakin admitted, his gaze traveling over Tru?s shoulder to see several of the other children watching them and whispering amongst themselves. "Sitting with me might not be the smartest thing you can do."

Following his gaze, Tru shot the offenders a deep glower before turning back with a shrug. "I could care less what they think. So what do you think of your new home so far?"

Glad to have a seemingly friendly face to talk to for once, Anakin wrinkled his nose as he replied. "It?s nice but awful......clean and quiet!"

Laughing out loud, the other boy nodded in agreement as he pushed his food around his plate. "I heard you came from Tatooine. Never

19. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Obi_ew:
    Raven Split personality disorder my dear?

Oh, man. You found me out, Obi_ew. No, I was a little lazy to log out of Kagen and log back in as Raven. I had to stay in character for Kagen's post to "As the Furniture Flies". If there should be a post under either Lady_Rapacious or Knight_Kautia_Atvar - those are other members of my personality disorder. :D

20. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I hope Ani isn't forgetting too quick about Obi-Wan at this new outlook one life.
    Obi would be hurt if he too easily forgets that he wanted him as a Mster in the first place.

[face_love] Vadey (you're always welcome, oe)

21. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    It's cool that you brough Tru into this. I liked his character in the JQ Books and in Worth Fighting For, and Anakin definitely needs a friend right now.

I still don't know about Eitan, but I'll give him a chance until he gives reason not to.

Hopefully Eitan will be true to his word and allow Obi and Anakin to continue their friendship.

~Bek

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I also liked that you brought Tru into this. Poor kid, lost among the Jedi. They should be ashamed of themselves - aren't they supposed to have compassion for others?

Good job.

23. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    A great couple of posts, obi-ew, I loved them!

I'm very glad that Obi-Wan is finally going to reconsider his position about Eitan and that Eitan is going to take Anakin as his apprentice either way...Anakin deserves that much...

The scene between Anakin and Tru was great, too...man, being the new kid can be difficult...I've been there and done that...

Hey, is Tru the same character from your other series? The one that became very close to Anakin before being killed in an explosion?

I think it is, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, great job, obi-ew! :)

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Poor Anakin! I was glad to see Tru show up. :)

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I like seeing Tru pop in here. I did wonder how Anakin was treated when he and Obi-Wan returned from Naboo. This is about what I would expect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.